It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens don't do drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
LOL! What the? The newest anti-marijuana campaign has an alien turning down a smoke. What will they think of next...

At least it's a different approach I suppose. Haha

www.slate.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Actually probably having different physiological makeup than we do, they probably won't have the same effects as humans.

They may still get "high" however, but it is probably at a level that no human could ever acheive.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
that's a pro bono job by Wieden & Kennedy, one of the best agencies around. Very nice art direction & music + an intersting take on how to tell kids that smoking weed is not cool - people and pets will think you're boring & your g/f might want to leave you for an alien...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
they probably roll they're weed with some orgainic metal
imo aliens get high every day thats why the zip off so fast when we spot em they think where the cops

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Please keep this in mind when posting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Figured I'd add the commercial itself.

Well, I'd have to say that it's better than the old "egg & a frying pan" bit; however, I think I've met a few "stoners" who'd probably love it if an alien swept their "nagging" girlfriends away.

[edit on 6/19/07 by redmage]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
According to Preston (The Montauk experiment), He claims when the Greys are sprayed with Lysol. They get a high like effect.

He also mentions that the Reptilians like Drano mixed with water. To them its like beer.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Actually probably having different physiological makeup than we do, they probably won't have the same effects as humans.

They may still get "high" however, but it is probably at a level that no human could ever acheive.

following what logic? mice and rabbits are used to measure drug effects on humans - i don't see why mice -> men would be any more drastic than men -> aliens.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
i don't see why mice -> men would be any more drastic than men -> aliens.

Well....

Source
Among the findings are that mice and human beings both carry about 30,000 genes.

On a letter-by-letter basis, the genes are 85 percent the same.

Researchers found that 90 percent of genes linked to diseases were the same in mice as in human beings.

If you can show me that Alien DNA is an 85+% match, then your "logic" stands!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

following what logic?

Because they're well, um... Alien?

Truth is no one knows how different or similar they would be to us.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

i don't see why mice -> men would be any more drastic than men -> aliens.

Well....

Source
Among the findings are that mice and human beings both carry about 30,000 genes.

On a letter-by-letter basis, the genes are 85 percent the same.

Researchers found that 90 percent of genes linked to diseases were the same in mice as in human beings.

If you can show me that Alien DNA is an 85+% match, then your "logic" stands!

you show me an alien, and i'll proceed.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

you show me an alien, and i'll proceed.

Ahhhh, so it may be a bit "more drastic" then.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
well think about it, Aliens dont do drugs, and look how far they have progressed , inter-steller travel and what not... and we do drugs,and look at us lol ...but still..its a crock of crap

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
as funny as it may seem, this wouldn't be too far from the truth considering the size of their brains... and skulls.. they would have the ability to control their brain chemistry far better than we can...

Perhaps that is the next evolutionary step and we are being kindly directed away from it with this ANTI-DRUG world we live in.

If you think about it logically, according to the new findings in science we've never really seen the outside world apart from the electrical signals our brain gets, our brain which sits in a dark enclosure only gets a fraction of the information about the outside world the rest is filtered ?? perhaps an older part of our brain that needs an upgrade?

Hallucinogens and other scheduled drugs change our brain chemistry drastically, it changes how it functions and what's more is it changes US and how WE function drastically, depending on the drug, it'll make you a variety of different characteristics, ALTHOUGH it's my opinion that they all work together, wonder why they call it a GATEWAY? ...lol hahaha
no but in all honesty, they all have a very unique effect on the brain, and when used in a ritualistic manner through-out life I feel they could benefit our evolution because our understanding of science has grown leaps and bounds that we know of. It could be possible to alter the chemistry of the brain to make what the government calls the "super-soldier" although a person of this calibre wouldn't be violent what-so-ever, there would be no need, with the mastery of oneself, this person could easily educate us on the human body and all of it's functions.

I urge you to consider your brain and what an amazing tool it is! be kind to it, it sits in the dark, so you can conquer the light!
and ask yourself why aliens are always portrayed with massive skulls and HUGE brains.
Auditory in, Auditory Out
Kinaesthetic in, Kinaesthetic Out
Olfactory in, Olfactory Out
Maybe it's time to evolve our Visual in, ...... Visual Out now?

top topics

join