It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gray Little Man in my room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I hope this is the right section. I'm kinda scared and grateful as a write this, a wierd mix of emotions. Last night was a normal night, I couldn't get to sleep though. Finally got some shut-eye around 5 am. Something woke me up at around 7, possibly 8, I think everyone in the home was still asleep. I sat up and looked at my dresser, but wasn't minding that when I noticed a strange gray little man beneath my feet near the dresser (I know it sounds like I'm crazy or on '___' at this point), I could move but was shocked with a "what the f***". It just looked at me and ran off, then dissapeared, kindof around the door/window area. I would estimate it to be about 2 feet tall. Possibly 2 1/2 ft., but 2 ft. sounds more safe.

I don't do drugs and I wasn't drinking prior or anytime around this. I'm sane despite that I'm a very sensitive person. I CANNOT stress this enough. I'm only writing this here because I know no other people will believe me. I KNOW how absurd this sounds. But it happened. I'm almost crying thinking about it. If you don't believe me that's fine
, I just don't know who would have knowledge about a creature like this? It reminded me of a picture I saw once of this carriage with some unknown gray blur near it that resembled a fetus, or unknown creature.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'd keep the camera running at night for now on, BW. It sounds as though they are watching you for some reason and they might be back. It's probably not a good time to be alone. Please keep in touch with us.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Black Water, if you're crazy, then you have a lot of company. There are many reports much like your own. The explanations are not always the same, different people say what they think they are, but truthfully, no one knows what these kinds of reports are.

But, this is important to remember, you weren't hurt by this. Whatever it was, it seemed to not be interested in causing you any harm. While it's natural to be spooked by this event, there are people that would actually like to have that experience.

You have seen something unique, and if it was an hallucination, or an ET, or a goblin, in the end, you'll have to decide. Because it happened to you, it is yours to decide what to make of it.

Stick around these boards here at ATS and talk to people, read other posts, and you'll see that the world is a very strange place.

But don't let this event make you too worried, because you seem not to be alone.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If your floor is carpeted, did you look for little footprints inside and also
outside in the dirt or grass? Do an inspection of the area in and outside
your home and let us know if there are imprints, broken branches,
scorch marks, etc.. Also, have you watched any alien movies lately,
or been reading ATS quite a bit before you joined the forum today?
Sensitive personalities are usually easily influenced by what they read
and see. Also, since you didn't go to sleep for several hours after going
to bed, you were probably still in a semi-sleep state when you had this
experience. Please come back with a follow-up report after you've had
some time to sort it all out in your mind, BlackWater. T.I.A. -cwm

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Blackwater, thank you for sharing your experience. Whether you hear possitive or negative remarks please continue to share, we all learn from each other. Nobody can take away what you believe happened. You are not responsible for making everyone believe you either, just share.

Could you draw what you remember from the experience? Would love to see your interpretation.

Again thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The responses have been very kind. Some things I forgot to mention that I wanted to: In my biological family there is a history of some of them not being able to look at faces of aliens, I too felt the same until this experience. Also when it happened I was thinking of something that I remember would move on my parents bed when I slept there as a baby. I thought it was my stuffed bear moving around,
. Also the creature seemed to scamper or "skitter" even though it was humanoid. Like the way it's legs worked. Also (yea another also(too late for punctuation)) I'm assuming this is a normal reaction but on a majority of radio stations if I put my hands near the radio it gets static or increases/decreases volume and sometimes changes stations. I just thought I would add that because of a report I read along time ago about alien abduction even though I don't think I've been abducted or anything.

EDIT= I'll draw it, didn't see you're post. You beat me to it.

EDIT AGAIN= I checked for footprints, but when I had the idea I had already walked over the area and so had the dog, also this took place on the third floor. When I said the window/door area, They're almost side by side.

[edit on 18-6-2007 by BlackWaters]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What did you do after it scampered off? Did you get up and look for it? It was light out too correct? Arent daylight sightings highly unusual? Also, did you question anyone else in your living quarters to see if they saw anything/heard anything unusual?

In reguards to your family history, how does it come up with other family members that they cant look at the face of aliens? Seems like a pretty strange conversation to have without following up on perhaps WHY this is. .

Sorry for the rapid fire questions. .

[edit on 19-6-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've never had an experience like yours, but i do have the fear of alien faces.

I have several Whitley Strieber books, and i have to place them cover-down on my nightstand or bookshelf because the being on the cover terrifies me.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone else on this site notices how many of these type of events start out with:

“I was laying in bed”
“I just woke up”
“I was falling asleep”

Maybe I am the only one who notices this cause of what I do professionally, though it seems like few heed what it is that I post about the subject. Anyway, just maybe this time will be different, so here goes nothing.

What you most likely experienced was a state called Hypnagognia/Hypnopompia. This usually occurs when you’re dosing in or out of sleep, and can also occur when someone is doing something really boring such as meditation. Before you say, “But I was awake when it happened”, the truth is that here in the lab I get folks every night who tell me they are awake at certain times when their brainwaves say otherwise. The facts are that you cannot fake your brainwaves; you can alter your respitory and heart rate, but brainwaves don’t lie. Unless you are hooked up to a polygraph machine, you cannot tell if you are full awake or not. Here is the Wiki definition of Hypnagonia:

Hypnagogic experiences occur as one is falling asleep, while hypnopompic experiences occur as one is waking up—both experiences occur within the penumbra between sleep and waking (or vice versa). Experienced qualities vary, and include a falling sensation, joy, fear, awareness of a "presence", chest or back pressure, and an inability to breathe.
Auditory sensations are often described as incomprehensible noises rather than distinctive sounds.
During the hypnagogic state, an individual may appear to be fully awake, but has brain waves indicating that the individual is technically sleeping. Also, the individual may be completely aware of their state, which enables lucid dreamers to enter the dream state consciously directly from the waking state (see wake-initiated lucid dream technique).
The hypnagogic state can be accompanied by or associated with anomalous phenomena such as alien abduction, extra-sensory perception, telepathy, apparitions, or prophetic or crisis visions. This conduciveness to anomalous phenomena can be correlated with the initial increase of alpha and the later increase of theta brainwaves.

Pertinent parts emphasized by me…

As to why the most frequently hallucinated experiences are falling, and little gray beings, I have no answer other then to say, “that’s just the way it is”. It is entirely possible that the reason why most folks hallucinate the same things is a side effect of chemicals released in the brain. A doctor is a better person to ask that question too though.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience once, except the grey person I saw was a bit over 6 feet tall and didnt run off, it just moved slowly out of my line of sight after I began to almost cry in fear. It was standing next to my bed past my feet.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Foofstar you weenie!

If I saw an alien or creature at the foot of my bed I'd get up and kicks it's butt out of my house!

Nah, just kidding. I'd crap myself to death.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Amongus - After it scampered off? Do you mean when I couldn't see it anymore or after the whole event? I didn't look for it, no, somewhat scared and yet also relaxed because it reminded me of the stuffed bear when I was a child (refer to previous post). Yes it was very early morning. I was asleep prior to it, so was everyone else, I believe. I didn't get up until 4:30 pm because of how I had trouble sleeping. So why wouldn't entity come into a room when everyone is asleep? It seems just as arbitrary as night then.

The conversation came up because I had met my biological mom for the first time, and she wanted to know how my childhood was so I told her everything including my fears and she assumed it was genetics and could possibly just as well be.

Foffstarr - Same here.

Defcon5 - I suppose. But then again does anyone who wakes up and their dog jumps into bed and they pat it and then the dog leaves. Did they dream it all? You'd probably say no if this came up in an occasional conversation. There's no way to tell here. I assume you are skeptical then simply because the experience seems outlandish to you. Do with it what you will.

Oh and btw I don't appreciate the idiotic harassing emails from 'Diplomat'. I was awake and moving so how was it sleep paralysis. Either way I don't like his harassing spam, nor condescending nature. Perhaps a moderator would like to do something about his/her arrogance?

Picture will be online tommorow.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by BlackWaters]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've heard the sleep explanation before, although it obviously counts for some of the sightings I'm not sure I'm willing to believe it can account for them ALL.
What is interesting is that they do almost all happen when either going into, or coming out of sleep.

Bare with me on this next question though. I'll post it here because it has to do with bedtime sightings, and because I'm interested in your thoughts: Is it possible that our species sleep mechanism could have been purposely "built in" by a race of beings as a way to check up on us? Granted, you must subscribe to the theory that our planet was originally seeded by an advance species as sort of a test tube, or experiment but with all of the sightings/abductions mostly happening at night during sleep, I think its a valid question here in the world of ATS.

We are after all in our most helpless state, and in the dark. . . makes you think.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A very interesting theory Amongus. Personally I would subscribe the aliens as creators theory before the more christian notion of God. Or atleast the christian notion of today found among Christians. I think the reason for sleep though is just to gain rest for the physical body. Dreams on the other hand....I don't know, perhaps? I'm no scientist.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWaters
Amongus - After it scampered off? Do you mean when I couldn't see it anymore or after the whole event? I didn't look for it, no, somewhat scared and yet also relaxed because it reminded me of the stuffed bear when I was a child (refer to previous post). Yes it was very early morning. I was asleep prior to it, so was everyone else, I believe. I didn't get up until 4:30 pm because of how I had trouble sleeping. So why wouldn't entity come into a room when everyone is asleep? It seems just as arbitrary as night then.

Thanks for your reply Blackwaters. You said that it "ran off. . disappeared". I say scampered. . same thing.

You also said it was around 7 or 8am that you saw it. That would mean it was light out, correct? I ask because daytime sightings are rare.

Now, you say you saw this two foot being in your room, scared the heck out of you, and you still managed to go back to sleep until 4:30pm? I'm not trying to sound like I doubt your story, but it seems a bit strange to me, thats all. Reminded you of your bear as a child too, now thats interesting.

Cant wait to see your pic

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

A very interesting theory Amongus. Personally I would subscribe the aliens as creators theory before the more christian notion of God. Or atleast the christian notion of today found among Christians.

As would I. . . goes back to the whole whats more believable, God or Alien creators debate.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
2 feet tall? shouldve caught it and made it do your bidding.....

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Bare with me on this next question though. I'll post it here because it has to do with bedtime sightings, and because I'm interested in your thoughts: Is it possible that our species sleep mechanism could have been purposely "built in" by a race of beings as a way to check up on us?

The problem with this theory is that we study sleep in sleep labs around the country every night. There are 4 competing labs within a mile of where I am, and they are becoming increasingly common all around the world. While about 99% of the patients that most labs see are experiencing sleep apnea, with that many folks being monitored every night occasionally other events do occur in the labs. If there was any alien type involvement associated with them, then the technicians would be aware of it to some degree. However as we can monitor the rooms, it is readily apparent that when something like this does occur that the patient is alone in the room, and its entirely a product of the chemicals released in the brain causing a hallucination. Good theory none the less though.

Oddly enough I just came across an very pertinent post on another thread as to the chemicals involved in these types of hallucinations and how they relate to abduction type scenarios in a lab setting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Defcon, what I am trying to say is your dog comes in and you see it, pet it whatever. Then it leaves and you are alone. I'd say it's more likely that it happened then it didn't. Unless the majority of dog owners have this sleep condition or what have you. You might say this is an alien though! But if you believe in other worldly creatures as firmly as you believe in dogs, then why not? I'm just saying you most likely don't believe in other worldly creatures which gives you you're skeptical response. And don't get me wrong if I heard this and it didn't happen to me, I'd most likely take you're side.

Justanothergangster = lol, good thinking

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Defcon5 - I suppose. But then again does anyone who wakes up and their dog jumps into bed and they pat it and then the dog leaves. Did they dream it all?

Is it possible that they dreamt this? Yes…
Is it possible that it really happened? Again, yes…

But you are really comparing apples to oranges here. It is a well-documented, scientific fact that gray beings are associated with Hypnagognic/Hypnopompic hallucinations. Now if you told me that your dog jumped on the bed and started talking to you that would be a different story and more akin to what your saying happened.

You must realize that when you’re drowsy your brain can enter an altered state of consciousness. This is a very powerful thing as your brain is your filter to reality, and when it becomes confused, there is no way to separate reality from fantasy other then through an outside observer. The best example of this I can think of is when someone goes out, drinks too much, and remembers something one way, but then finds out from their friends the next day that things happened differently then they remember it. This is also an altered state of consciousness.

I assume you are skeptical then simply because the experience seems outlandish to you. Do with it what you will.

No it does not seem outlandish to me, I have seen things such as this happen first hand from the third party perspective.

Oh and btw I don't appreciate the idiotic harassing emails from 'Diplomat'. I was awake and moving so how was it sleep paralysis

Well whoever Diplomat is, he is incorrect. While its common to experience Hypnagognia/Hypnopompia during a sleep paralysis episode, you can experience Hypnagognia/Hypnopompia and not be having sleep paralysis. In your instance I would say that it was simply a drowsy hallucination, an episode of Hypnopompia, but you were moving and thus not experiencing an episode of sleep paralysis from the way you described the event.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join