It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have had an OBE today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have had much experiences with what I would call "Near Out of Body Experiences" (NOBE). I have also developed a technique I am able to use some times when I am extremely relaxed. When I use it I think I maybe alter my brain frequency or something, I hear this sound in my head which I concentrate about and when I get the tone very high up then things starts happening. I kinda disconnects and starts hearing these other sounds; sometimes reminding me of a #ed up radio or like the weird sounds in a phone. I often feel floating and disconnected from the body at this stage, but I usually don't see anything.

But today it happened two times in my bed that I got to this stage, I am actually forcing myself into it, it's not something that just happens to me like a seizure or whatever. But this time I also felt like I was dragged out of the body down towards the floor. And then I remember seeing the floor, but my memories is kinda blurred almost like the memories from when you have been drinking... But anyway, I found out that to move I only needed to think about moving in that direction. And I moved across the floor towards the wall. And while I was doing this my vision wasn't quite perfect, it was filled with static like in a television with a bad antenna, it annoyed me and the colors wasn't quite good either it was like black and white but in a brown way. So I concentrated about my vision in a try to make it better, but then I think I changed my "view mode", I saw something which I didn't quite understand, almost like a instrument. I saw dark colors and something blue and I think it had something like a cross hair too... But it didn't make sense to me so I switched back. Then I tried to float upwards trough the roof into the other story of our house but my vision got filled with static then and I couldn't see anymore. After a while like that I got fed up and returned to my body.

When I got back into my body I was paralyzed, but I quickly fought out of it as I have some experience with how to do this. And then I got to the state where I could leave my body again... I got to this state like 3 times but only managed to leave it two times. I got to this state the day before also, it was then I managed to ignore all fear and I think this is why I am having more success with it now.

I know that the state I get into is real, the only thing I am not sure about if is real is what I saw after that. It might have been my fantasy going wild there for a moment, but I will continue to research this. I know how I can prove to myself if it's real or not and I will try the next time.

Anyway, I'm just sharing the story here and what I am mostly curious about is the static I had, what is people thoughts on that?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
your getting out alright.
Thats the real deal OOBE your explaining not just 'near'................

I have had MANY problems with my astral vision, and have often seen things the way your describing. It an issue I have been working on improving for a couple of years now and there is alot about in my bog OOBE thread......

I ended up buying ASTRAL DYNAMICS by Robert Bruce to learn about working through vision problems, which are very common indeed.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it, hope I can get my astral vision working next time and I'll try to keep this thread updated.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Would you call visiting an Alien ship an out of body expeiriance? Because, I kind of did it... NO JOKE! I was there for only a few seconds, and I saw this Alien girl,
and I thought about if I was on an alien ship. I did not even say anything, just thinking. I thought to myself "Is this place what I think it is?" and she said, "Yes, it is." I was totally freaked out, and I went back to my body, all shaky and stuff.
At first I thouhgt that this was remote viewing, but maybe I am wrong.

Can you help me out?

[edit on 17-6-2007 by TechnoFan21]

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Always good to hear about an OOBE thanks for sharing it. I'd say you've done good to get any kind of vision. I only got some sort of vision with it recently. In my recent OOBE I had static like that in a dream right before my OOBE.

One thing that comes to mind regarding that is that maybe we get cloudy vision or static type stuff because of our state of mind. This probably applies better to dreaming but still might be something to it with OOBE. Say you have vision but you are being impatient, by being impatient or allowing any thoughts to alter your perception or get in the way, you are putting a nasty filter over what is seen - and it will come through affected by the filter. By being completely open to whatever, the filter is all but removed and you will see things more like they are.

Just a theory that I will be applying to my own practice. Patience and openness seem to be very great things to have when dealing with these sorts of experiences.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
your getting out alright.
Thats the real deal OOBE your explaining not just 'near'................

I have had MANY problems with my astral vision, and have often seen things the way your describing. It an issue I have been working on improving for a couple of years now and there is alot about in my bog OOBE thread......

I ended up buying ASTRAL DYNAMICS by Robert Bruce to learn about working through vision problems, which are very common indeed.

I just bought that book and am reading it now. So far its great, I'm looking forward to exploring our long lost skills.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First, congratulations on leaving the body, it's an amazing feeling isn't it.

Astral vision can be a huge problem at first - it was for me anyway.

I found commands like "Clarity Now" and "Awareness Now" helped me tons. Seriously try it the next time you project. Say the words out loud as clearly and loudly as you can while you are out of your body and you will be amazed by the results.

Another thing to remember though is that if you are projecting at night things will obviously be less visible than during the day. Daytime projections are more fun anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Do you have any tips for making OBE's last? I seem to have trouble with mine. They are easy to start for me, because I can get them in like 3-6 minutes. But then I have trouble with keeping it, and I get sent back. After that, I can't have an OBE anymore. Untill I get some sleep.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by TechnoFan21]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm envious that you can get there so easily, I rarely have time these days to lay there for the hour and half or so that and it takes me. It's actually taking longer and longer to relax each time because I'm not practicing enough.

One trick I picked up to extend a projection is spinning. All you do is wait until you feel your projection is about to fall apart and stop what you are doing and spin round on the spot as fast as you can. If it works for you too you'll find your projection is stable again for a while.

Careful with what you do while you project, your still connected to your body so anything that excites you or scares you is going to get fed back to your body and you will get pulled back. Doing unnatural things like flying, walking through walls too early on will amaze you to the point where you will instantly wake up in bed with a huge grin, followed by a wail of despair!

You should check out the huge but superb conscious Oobe....It's Real!! thread. If you are truly dedicated to perfecting your projections you should read it front to back.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by not_fazed]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I taught myself how to have an OBE in a day.

I don't know how that happened but myabe it's my way of doing things that works so well for me.

What I do first is put on some good meditation music, and start meditating. After I get a feel for it, I go ahead and do any kind of chant that I want. You eventually get to the point when you vaguely start seeing lucid things with your eyes closed. Those visions are basically a step down from a lucid dream. You can controll them, but it's very fuzzy. After meditating in this state, you start to feel a sense of weightlessness. Right at this point, lucidly try to lift your Astral self out of your body. What you might see is your astral self being lifted above a grid, getting a point of view to see everything from that point on the grid. The grid I believe is the Astral energy network, the very backbone of the Astral world. After that, the vision will fade away, and you can go to wherever you wish.

That's how I do it, and sometimes I can get it down to 3 minutes, and maybe this method is just a really fast way to have an OOBE.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I shall use them tonight.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Astral projecting in three minutes? wow man, i find my self laying in bed for up to 2 hours meditating trying to get out but i dont.. ive been trying to get out for like a year now and i havent had success.. only near obes with the same 'symptoms' the OP talked about

three minutes man thats crazy maybe i should purchase a mediation CD

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I have found that meditation music helps me a lot. One time I tried to Astral Project with out music and I couldn't at all. What the music that really helps me to Astral Project is the album Sanctuary by Magna Canta. It's best to listen to the whole CD first before you meditate though, so that you don't get surprised by the music.

As for the Genre of the music, it is Psy-Trance, a style of trance that combines the science of techno with the feel of new-age. It's some really cool stuff.

I also believe that the best music on the Album are tracks 1,2, and eleven.

Tips:

It also helps me to think that I can do anything. Like when I see myself above the grid I explained. You need to get a feeling of anyhting is possible.

For the music, try not to get anything with lyrics in it.

If there are lyrics in the CD, you shouldn't be able to understand them. Like Latin for example. The reason for that is because if you understand the lyrics, you are going to have a watered down lucid dream about the topics in the lyrics instead of meditating.

new topics

top topics

join