It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Republicans happier than Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Survey shows 62% of GOP content, beating rivals by 12 points
� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
In a new Gallup poll showing Americans are happier today than they have been in decades, Republicans beat Democrats and Independents in the contentment quotient by substantial margins.
wnd.com

According to the survey, 62 percent of Republicans says they're "very happy," compared with 50 percent of Democrats and just 49 percent of Independents.

In recent years, the Gallup Organization said, Republicans beat Democrats in happiness each time it was measured except in 1996, when about an equal percentage of both parties said they were very happy.

The more happy you are , the more you live longer. Does it mean that Reps will have a more longer life than Dems ? Hey, imagine a world without Dems. I had a dream....

Link

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Oh shut up, you ass. This belongs in the #ing mudpit.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm not GOP, Dem or Ind. and I'm very happy.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Listen to John Lennon's song, "Imagine". Any political party is pretty damn sad, it's a world without politics and the other unnecessary BS that's happy

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Roll another one dude, reality just about crept in.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, why fight it? you know what the old saying says, ignorance is bliss...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I wish the republicans would drink the kool-aid and get it over with. Before they start chanting Hail Bush.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, I could agree with that poll
I don't like being put into a category but I'd admit to being a republican before admitting to being a dem and I'd say that I am very, very happy. Dems on the other hand are 'very angry', they 'hate bush' for he is 'evil'. You need not look any further than our lovable member, Colonel. He's very unhappy with republicans, bush, etc.

I guess it boils down to what makes you happy.

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Polls= BULL#

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Funny how the dems voice out their disgust on the poll saying that they are generally displeased. Though there might be happy ones out there, you are statically in the minority (given by the responses as well lol) Well I am a hardliner republican, yes we do exist only to piss you off with my evil views lol

I see the poll as pretty damn obvious, all liberals always bitch how poor are getting poorer, rich people (PURE EVIL!!!) are getting even more Halliburton, the earth is going to die, 1,000,000 cuttley kitten species are dieing every second, NO program for ANY child is getting enough funding, ALL republicans are wrong and people DO NOT have more money when the government takes less (which is somehow "spending"), and jeeze I am a Vermonter and Dean has got a freaking buzz saw up his ass.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Oh shut up, you ass. This belongs in the #ing mudpit.

tsk tsk tsk....... You're not very polite. Upset may be ?

Originally posted by Loki
Well, why fight it? you know what the old saying says, ignorance is bliss...

Yeah. And I know another one : " # can't hit the stars. That's why you won't never hit me "

Originally posted by Ocelot
Polls= BULL#

Yes, poll = BS. Especially when we don't like the polls results.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
If we�re going to label a whole swathe of the public at once, then, of course they're happier. A vast amount of republicans are the ones who accept everything they�re told and if they believe even a quarter of that then everything must be pretty hunky dory right now. Besides republican policies rule O.K these days. By contrast a vast amount of democrats and independents are so because they don't agree with everything they're told and see lots of things they want to change, so they�re going to be less happy than those who perceive everything as hunky dory.

Or maybe they just have more of a conscience.

Here�s another happiness - politics related survey:

Government corruption and incompetence can make us less happy, but giving the public a greater democratic say adds to people's well-being, says the report.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And another that claims the top five countries in terms of happiness are:

Nigeria
Mexico
Venezuela
El Salvador
Puerto Rico

Some pretty poor countries there�

Both surveys claim money, materialism and consumerism are an antithesis of happiness. Presumably the perception of these as driving forces in your society would also make you unhappy...

The U.S is 16th and the U.K is 24th.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 8-1-2004 by kegs]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Amazing!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
In a new Gallup poll showing Americans are happier today than they have been in decades

where do they come up with this garbage?? if americans are happier today than they have been in decades it can only be because of the mass distribution of zoloft..
personally..I dont see the general public as happy as they use to be...sounds like hmmm..whats the word im looking for?? oh yeah..propoganda

new topics

top topics

join