It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Push for Blair as new EU president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Push for Blair as new EU president

www.ft.com

Tony Blair, the British prime minister, could end up swapping Downing Street for a job as the first full-time European Union president, under a plan being actively touted by Nicolas Sarkozy, the French president.

Mr Sarkozy is understood to have discussed the idea with other EU leaders ahead of next week’s European summit, Mr Blair’s last major international event as prime minister.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailyexpress.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This story along with another story released today: 'Secret Plan For EU Superstate', strikes fear into me.
These stories cant be a coincidence.
Blair is in Bush's pocket.
With the EU under Blair's control, and Bush controlling the USA....
…then nothing can stop the NWO

It will be World War III:
West (USA & EU) vs. East (Iran, Russia, China).

Future historians salivate at the chance to be alive today on the brink of WWIII. It will come before Bush leaves office. The current Presidential debates and campaigns are a distraction and waste of time. For no new US President will be elected.
It is all NWO from here on out.

George W. Bush.... the last US President.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thats pretty scary, I would hate for Blear to be head of the EU. But then its all being controled already by the NWO. Maybe they just need people in there that they know will do exactly what they want.

-fm

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That is just what Europeans need, a half-retarded Dictator.

Napoleon anyone?

This whole business of having one leader of a whole continent is complete and utter lunacy.

Its bad enough we have the Bush/Cheney cabal running our country.

What will happen if there is one leader of the whole of Europe with a hidden agenda?

Are people honestly that retarded?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Im wondering why you have the same topic posted twice in two different threads with the same exact posting content. Just wondering.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Blair has publicly stated he want no further role in Politics.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by realyweely
Blair has publicly stated he want no further role in Politics.

Yes, but he has changed his mind on many occasions. This is not the first time Blair has been linked to the role of EU President.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Blair's a good leader, why do people criticise blair over Iraq more than bush?
Before Iraq, Blair was the best leader of the UK, the economy was booming, their was consistant growth, employment was falling... Why couldnt he of been as sucked in as all of us were about the realities of sept 11 and Iraq wmd's?..

I like the europeans, their mentality differs greatly from the west, they arent as enticed with greed and material value like we are... IF they are declaring blair as the one they want, to me, its a reflection on the 'business/management' skills blair has.....

... I dunno... when you see people argue for wolfowitz to keep his position yet criticise blair over this EU leadership role... it sounds like mindless chestpuffing to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As a European i'm utterly disgusted with the pathetic attempts to smuggle this in. Two years ago our voice was made clear, No against the new EU constitution. Everywhere politicians encouraged us to vote "Yes", and if we didnt, nasty things were sure to happen. They even went as far saying that if this were to be rejected, a new Auswitz would come, or a new world war. In short, they tried to make us vote by force of fear and intimidation... I can safely say that the obsessiveness about this constitution by the politicians was downright suspicious, even though it was never really explained during their campaigns why we should've voted yes.

This is just the same package with a different name. But if our governments want something done, they will get it done, i dont think they care about disrespecting our votes and opinions when it comes to having more power. But i seriously doubt the no-voters will take this lightly...

There's a hot and nasty future ahead, i'm sure of that.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My only gripe with Blair is that he comes across as a bit of a 'puppet', letting himself be manipulated by Bush.

But he has spoken out against that and I can't honestly think of one thing that has made this country any worse a place than it already it is. Of course there's the terrorism, but then that could have happened regardless of who was leading the country.

Many people have taken to the habit of blaming every little thing that goes wrong on Blair and it's starting to get boring, he has done a good job and I can look past the mistakes and happily say that I think he would do well in the EU.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I cannot believe anyone like Blair who took the UK to war based on an outright lie.
A Lie which he knew was a lie.

That to me is totally unnaceptable.

If he had said "Look Saddam is a a murdering nob, what do you think". I think we would have supported him. But he had his people invent a littany of lies. He didnt trust the English people, that was his biggest mistake.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh please please don't let it be so, why can't he just go and fade into History. That man is the biggest hippocrite and he doesn't even realise.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh please please don't let it be so. That man just needs to bugger off and fade into the sands of time. He is such a hippocrite and he doesn't even know it!! Did everyone see what he said about the media the other day, unbelieveable

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Blair as an EU president?!? Man I can't decide what's worse, the bush administration taking over America or this guy taking over the EU. Nott o metnoin that he's a US lapdog as it is....

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
B'Liar is an ass all 33 degrees of him, a man who offer to the british people "the third way", check out the german literal translation and you get an idea. The fact that he sold out the UK to get "the promise of a EU presidency" shows what kind of ass he is

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have to admit, that one really floored me.

It was my understanding that Blair HAD to step down from his PM post.

It would really blow my mind to have him removed as PM and put as EU pres.\

Well, they say that truth is always stranger than fiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can someone explain something to me?

What would you say as a retort to this:

We already have a European Union. There is already a European Union President. Everybody knows they want Tony Blair to be the president which is why he tried to sneak the constitution in before he left. He failed. He will fail. President of the European Union is basically powerless apart from the power that Tony Blair granted the roll during his tenure. Gordon Brown is not about to relinquish any more power to Tony Blair and David Cameron definitely is not.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well it should not be surprise that this may become reality, Blair the EU president, and when the US corporate elite gets their North American Union then Bush can become the NAU president.

They will rule the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Can someone explain something to me?

What would you say as a retort to this:

We already have a European Union. There is already a European Union President. Everybody knows they want Tony Blair to be the president which is why he tried to sneak the constitution in before he left. He failed. He will fail. President of the European Union is basically powerless apart from the power that Tony Blair granted the roll during his tenure. Gordon Brown is not about to relinquish any more power to Tony Blair and David Cameron definitely is not.

can someone answer this?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

There is already a European Union President

there is no President of the EU.

it will only come about if the new treaty is agreed. Which it will not be. Too many countries in Europe oppose it due to its constitutional like features.

the council has a president, but thats completely different.

there has never been a President of the European Union.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join