It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undercover Team Exposes Network Of 400 to 500 Radical, Anti-U.S. Islamic Centers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Undercover Team Exposes Network Of 400 to 500 Radical, Anti-U.S. Islamic Centers

www.insightmag.com

Hundreds of Islamic centers in the United States have become a hot-bed of extremist activity; they promote violence, terrorism and hatred against America.

“Our initial investigation has concluded there are between 400 to 500 radical Islamic centers in the U.S.,” said David Gaubatz,,….
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

[edit on 6/16/2007 by shots]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
David Gaubatz, for those of you who do not know him once alleged there were still WMDs in Iraq and we had several threads ongoing at one time last year, however, they are now in the trash for some reason.

Does anyone know what happened last year with Dave? Was he debunked as a hoaxer/disinformation agent or what?

www.insightmag.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Now why did I know Israel had something to do with this?

www.saneworks.us...
From their about us.

Given this state of affairs, Mr. Yerushalmi turned to Robert Loewenberg and the Institute for Advance Strategic & Political Studies (IASPS), a policy think tank established in 1984 in Washington D.C. and Jerusalem. Mr. Yerushalmi had been a student of Professor Loewenberg for over 30 years and has served faithfully as legal counsel and on the board of trustees of the Institute for nearly two decades. Professor Loewenberg informed Mr. Yerushalmi that he was now several years into a major work on this very question but that it would require a few more years to finalize. Eventually, in 2005-2006, the Institute sponsored a seminar that was designed for select participants, mostly former students of Professor Loewenberg, to explore the key issues raised by Professor Loewenberg's work. As the seminar progressed, it was clear that an organization such as SANE was critical to give voice to the lessons learned in the act of war perpetrated on 9-11, in the reality of the West’s mostly weak-kneed response, in the liberals’ efforts to destroy the war effort and President Bush for taking up the threat, and in the work of the seminar itself.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mr. Gaubatz is something of an opportunist and a bomb thrower. In this case, he's cashing in on a growing fear that actually does have some basis in verifiable fact. I've been warning against this sort of thing for awhile now. More and more exploiters will be coming out of the wood work to tell us just how 'boned' we are and how the terrorists are going to kill us from right in our own back yards. Naturally, they'll have books and videos for sale that purport to tell you how you can save yourself from these horrors.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Naturally, they'll have books and videos for sale that purport to tell you how you can save yourself from these horrors.

Not to mention some creepy new legislations to push through in the interests of protecting the citizens from this threat. We might even see some false fla... er terrible examples of what these groups are capable of in the comming months.
Your next door neighbor might be a terrorist, better keep an eye on him, what about that old lady down the road, she closes her blinds all day, she's obviously making bombs... that guy at the quickie mart is definately out to get me... That guy that installed my carpet was kind of olive skinned... Hell it could be anybody, anywhere.
War on Terror (noun).
What a world.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It does seem like our elected leaders WANT a return to the days of the Red Scare. I wonder if they will re-activate the Committee on UnAmerican activities?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mr. Gaubatz is something of an opportunist and a bomb thrower. In this case, he's cashing in on a growing fear that actually does have some basis in verifiable fact.

Justin,
Ok so Gaubatz is something of an opportunist. I did read the article linked, and it did not came across as sounding to opportunistic. It came across as being rather well thought out while not trying to put any law abiding person down. So do you think the concerns raised by this man should be take at all seriously by the government officials who are tasked with protecting us?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I wonder if they will re-activate the Committee on UnAmerican activities?

Not a bad idea if you look back at what the Truman administration did with Julius and Ethel Rosenberg in 1950. That alone is an excellent example of how a committee like that can work. Started by Republicans put in force by Democrats.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
So do you think the concerns raised by this man should be take at all seriously by the government officials who are tasked with protecting us?

As a purely practical matter, he's not wrong. I think that any citizen of this country should be concerned by all of the points that he makes. There's a fine line between investigation, revelation, and exploitation. I've been accused of crossing it, myself. We are all vulnerable to the threats he outlines, and we've all got the same obligations to stand up to the government they it attempts to overstep its Constitutional limits. We just needto watch out for those who would feed our fears to line their pockets.

(Mod edit: Fixed a slightly confusing nested quote. --Majic)

[edit on 6/18/2007 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Now why did I know Israel had something to do with this?

Oh right...either Israel or the U.S. are part of every evil in the world heh pieman?...

I guess it has not been proven that "Islamic extremists" have committed atrocities around the world, and quite often for no other reason than trying to spread their doctrine of hatred...

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Mr. Gaubatz is something of an opportunist and a bomb thrower.

Arent' you an author too? Don't you sell books, and have in mind even running for office?

Isn't that kind of oportunistic in your part? More so when you use certain issues these days to your own advantage?

I cannot say for certain if Gaubatz has some "ulterior motive", what i do know is that what he says is true.

Yes there are Islamic extremists who want nothing more than use "freedom of speech" to spread hatred and violence against the U.S., and in the U.S.

But my guess is that some people will only get their heads from under the sand, and stop being "sheeple", a term they usually try to project on others..., when it is too late.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the persecution of muslin practicing Islam will be the next step on the fight "against terror" what are we going to do with all the muslin in America.

I guess concentration camps will become handy.

After all this "people" that are muslin and practice Islam in our nation could be the next terrorist in the making.

!!!!!!We need to close of muslin centers for good!!!!!!!!!

If this is not some type of propaganda to turn against your fellow muslin with fear-mongering . . . what can it be, after all even us American none muslin or practicer of Islam could be also terrorist in the making for opposing and complaining about our government.

I guess I can become the next in the persecution against "possible terrorist in the making" and so any other American that disagree with the policies of our elected officials.

Justin you are so right is not funny.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Noone is talking about "persecuting all Muslims" Marg... but i guess going after the extremists is a bad idea according to some...

Perhaps we should also allow the White Supremacists to spread their hatred and violence around the U.S....

Hey they are exercising their "freedom of speech" right?....

Why not let all extremists have their say and spread violence and destruction huh?....

All forms of extremism are bad, more so when they spread violence and hatred.

BTW Marg, you do know that even moderate Muslims have been killed by the Islamic extremists" for not following their extremist views right?....

Or is that also "part of a conspiracy' to take away freedom from the good people?...

C'mon Marg...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I wonder if they will re-activate the Committee on UnAmerican activities?

If they do, I hope they have a leader that has read Walt Kelly and starts in Washington DC. I see many un-American agendas being pushed there. The remaining ones can then start on the lobbists.

We have many groups in America that would love to topple the government as it stands. Very few requires Islam to be an entrance requirement.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tie this with the Islamberg communities that are in the country, and this is no longer a conspiracy. There are people in this country who do not like us, and hate us for the freedoms we were born with. we have been offered a chance the convert, to allow Islam to penetrate America and we have not allowed this to happen, well at least not openly.

Look into CAIR, fund raising charities or the other numerous mosques in this country linked to radicalism. This is not about freedom of religion, it is purely about freedom.

link

Please read this article if you do not think there is a growing problem in this country.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It does seem like our elected leaders WANT a return to the days of the Red Scare. I wonder if they will re-activate the Committee on UnAmerican activities?

This statement did make me thing of the Mccarthy era. If any one would like to know what that was here is a reference

McCarthyism is the term describing a period of intense anti-Communist suspicion in the United States that lasted roughly from the late 1940s to the late 1950s. This period is also referred to as the Second Red Scare, and coincided with increased fears about Communist influence on American institutions and espionage by Soviet agents. Originally coined to criticize the actions of U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy, "McCarthyism" later took on a more general meaning, not necessarily referring to the conduct of Joseph McCarthy alone.

sorce
I dont really think we will return to something similar to the Mccarthy era or the hearings. But I can say I feel the treat of terror in the U.S. by way of being supported by out side capital and influence is a much greater danger the Communism was. I hope the leaders can protect the people from it.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Perhaps we should also allow the White Supremacists to spread their hatred and violence around the U.S....

Hey they are exercising their "freedom of speech" right?....

Well actually, we do.
When was the last time you saw a Neo-Nazi arrested for simple speech?

Once they cross the line into planning/executing acts of violence, they're fair game, but there's no room in the Constitution for penalizing simple speech..

Neo-Nazis, radical Islamists, pedophiles, and anyone else are free to advocate whatever positions they want, as long as they're not committing other crimes.

Don't like it?
See about getting the First Amendment repealed...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Your next door neighbor might be a terrorist, better keep an eye on him, what about that old lady down the road, she closes her blinds all day, she's obviously making bombs... that guy at the quickie mart is definately out to get me... That guy that installed my carpet was kind of olive skinned... Hell it could be anybody, anywhere.
War on Terror (noun).
What a world.

Haha that's some gold sarcasm right there.

What's even more funny is that, just by looking at the name of the thread on the side of ATS front page, I knew who the OP was gonna be.

Things are getting so predictable around here.

By the way, don't forget to FEAR everything people and don't get out of your houses or, you're doomed. (sarcasm.)

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Neo-Nazis, radical Islamists, pedophiles, and anyone else are free to advocate whatever positions they want, as long as they're not committing other crimes.

Spreading violence and hate crimes against others is not protected under the First Amendment, more so when a less known Amendment clearly states...

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

www.law.cornell.edu...

A pedophile spreading his/her sadistic/pervert ways, through whatever medium, and more so when their audiences tend to be "minors", is not protected by the First Amendment either...

BTW, yes, there have been people who have been arrested for spreading hatred and violence against others, although it is also true that groups like ACLU have defended White Supremacists and other hate groups and have even sued the government for going after such extremists...

Originally posted by xmotex
Don't like it?
See about getting the First Amendment repealed...

Don't like the 9th Amendment?

Follow your own advice then........

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is freedom of speech, but the people who trouble are the ones who hate this country but hide behind the Amendments to promote an agenda. Freedom of speech was created to allow everyone a voice, not an excuse for their actions. This is where the misinterpretation and use of law is occuring.

link

Hale said, “There are many people who wonder why we would be picking on a mosque, and what we have tried to explain to people is that we have no objection to a mosque, it's the leaders of this mosque that we object to and have concerns about…This kind of teaching plants a bomb in the heart. There is such a thing as radical Islam. It's real. It's everywhere. It's first victims are moderate Muslims who feel left out of these radical mosques.”

But the mosque in Roxbury will be built, and it will be one of the largest mosques in America. Dr. Mansour says the Wahabbis teach that mosques in Christian nations are viewed as outposts ... in the land of the infidel.

As stated in the article, if teh KKK wanted to build a Church of Christ in downtown Boston, it would NOT happen, not even in Alabama.
This is the spread of radical Islam and the preaching of a very non tolerant branch of Islam not is not fringe but mainstream. As a nation we must be conscious of what is going on around us and vigilant, not paranoid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join