It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012: The War for Souls

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was looking at Michael Bay on Wikipedia, Thought it was pretty funny to see this:

2012: The War for Souls (2010; currently in pre-production)

Considering he's work on Pearl Harbor and his current movie Transformers coming out among these other fine quality films:

# Bad Boys (1995)
# The Rock (1996)
# Armageddon (1998)
# Bad Boys II (2003)
# The Island (2005)

It's going to be a summer BLOCKBUSTER!

I was hoping there was a forum on ATS dedicated to 2012. There's a forums on the net that are Insanely active with topic after topic just on 2012... unfortunately, it looks like 2012 seems to be a sleeper for ATS folks.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've heard about 2012 being an 'end date'. Our solar system (going by the location of the sun) WILL be crossing the ecliptic line of the Milky Way on December 21, 2012.

What that means is that we will be crossing over to the other side of the galaxy's equator. As 2012 approaches I think that it will be the disclosure date of life forms from places other than Earth (Hopefully. My brain can't handle just humans anymore. They are close minded and backwards thinking, while being not that intelligent, even though they believe otherwise).

Only a little over 5 years left to see what the hype is all about. I can't wait.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Most people fear the end of the world, but what if it's the beginning to something new? That's what I truly look forward to.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here we go, a plot summary:

Plot summary for
2012: The War for Souls (2010)
advertisement

2012 is supposedly to be a year of either great spiritual transformation -- or apocalypse. The Mayan calendar held that it would be a time when the existing world order would be reversed. Nostradamus fore-casted that a rather large comet would rudely arrive on Earth's doorstep no later than 2012. The Roman Catholic Saint Malachy predicted that in 2012, the last Pope would arrive, triggering Judgment Day.
Source

Seems they have grabbed a few conspiracy idea's and made a movie....

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Egyptian prophecies have talked of the end on the same year...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironside
Most people fear the end of the world, but what if it's the beginning to something new? That's what I truly look forward to.

Well the end of the old would give birth to the new. A new beginning naturally follows an end. So some people fear a new beginning will take place on 2012

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm kinda looking forward to it myself.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Egyptian prophecies have talked of the end on the same year...

Can you link your sources on that?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
It's going to be a summer BLOCKBUSTER!

So what's your conspiracy exactly? 2012 interests me so I don't mean that offensively. I'm just not sure what it is.

I was hoping there was a forum on ATS dedicated to 2012. There's a forums on the net that are Insanely active with topic after topic just on 2012... unfortunately, it looks like 2012 seems to be a sleeper for ATS folks.

There should be a 2012 forum on ATS, and have all the old 2012 threads moved there as well.

However, most aspects of 2012 and Mayan prophecy have been beaten to death on ATS, which is why it's relatively quiet.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
www.etheric.com...

Here is a page on Paul LaViolette's theories on Galactic Superwaves, which send huge jets of cosmic rays and dust shooting out from the galactic centre, and which are responsible for every field reversal, mass extinction and global climate shift in this planet's history.

Here's Gary Vey's page, linking it all up to HAARP, the Maya and UFO's:
www.mondovista.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Here is a page on Paul LaViolette's theories on Galactic Superwaves, which send huge jets of cosmic rays and dust shooting out from the galactic centre.

Although I believe something similar to this, it is far from being proven. It's a little premature to say "which are responsible for every field reversal, mass extinction and global climate shift in this planet's history".

Trust me there are a few Moderators on this site that will throw a mountain of evidence to the contrary, on many aspects of that theory. Again, I believe something similar, I am just giving you a heads up.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Cloak and Dagger]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

www.life-cycles-destiny.com...

Seems like a very interesting read, I will probably get that book. It's a book though so that website didn't show the evidence. Do you own the book The Orion Prophecy?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I wish. I've been looking for it around here, but no bookstore has it. I guess I better start looking around Amazon.com

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloak and DaggerAlthough I believe something similar to this, it is far from being proven. It's a little premature to say "which are responsible for every field reversal, mass extinction and global climate shift in this planet's history".

Hmmm, I should have added a caveat there, but it certainly seems as though his theories have had a fair bit of recent verification. Which of the current theories is flavour of the month, I don't know, as they ALL have holes you could drive a bus through. A recently discovered galaxy has called the whole big bang theory into question, for instance.

Besides which, a mechanism for gravitation has yet to be found which means that any pronouncements on it's nature are still in the realms of speculation.

As can be seen in the link above, this guy is at least making predictions, and those predictions are being verified by later discoveries. This is the hall-mark of a decent theory.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I think its wonderful that everyone is very upbeat and happy about our future. When our brothers and sisters will come from the stars and even spend time talk with us. Its a time that will need great care for the world and all its people. Im sure everyone beens feeling the shifts and frequency changes in our own D.N.A. This era will also require courage and some of our own energy to elbow grease to help usher in this special time. Look forward to the future, keep our footing here to stay grounded

[edit on 16-6-2007 by Here Now]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I started looking at this topic a long time ago and it seems like the only scientific info is astrology. Has anyone got a link to a real scientific source to show this transition?
On site I found showed an animation saying we had already passed the section of the galaxy in 1997, and the mayan 2012 date was incorrect. I'll see if I can find the link.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have to admit, I'm a tad bit frightened concerning 2012.
Not just because the "end of the world" talk, but because of my child.

However, when one looks at the past, dates for the end of the world have always been around. (2000 anyone?) Worried over nothing. I am starting to feel like that about 2012. However, I feel that maybe it's not meant as a cataclysmic advent that will change our world (physically) but one that will change human kind. For the better. I can't help to wonder that maybe we'll finally get some visitors that'll help us mature, both spiritually, mentally and technologically. So in that aspect, I'm very excited.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
I started looking at this topic a long time ago and it seems like the only scientific info is astrology. Has anyone got a link to a real scientific source to show this transition?
On site I found showed an animation saying we had already passed the section of the galaxy in 1997, and the mayan 2012 date was incorrect. I'll see if I can find the link.

Depends on what specifically you're talking about. What transition do you speak of? The solstice Sun aligns with the Galactic Equator via a process called procession of the equinoxes. Is there scientific evidence this rare astronomical event is taking place on 2012? The galactic alignment I'm speaking of is a gradual process, so sure it may have begun in 1997, but I am pretty sure the Sun is even more aligned with the galactic equator around 2012. Did the Mayans believe destruction of sorts took place at the end of a great cycle? Yes. Is there scientific evidence to back up the doomsday theory of 2012...not really.

The Mayan Long Count calendar does indeed end in 2012. This has been discussed on ATS many times.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

www.life-cycles-destiny.com...

You might not want to use that one for reference, because the book makes up a lot of things and takes for granted other badly researched sources.

The Mayan calendar ends, yes. However, the world didn't begin with the beginning of that calendar (as was also believed by these people) and the ancient Egyptians didn't have any prophecies for 2012 or any other time point thousands of years in the future.

The suriving Mayans and Aztecs don't have any teachings or beliefs about 2012 (or didn't until New Agers showed up and started promoting the idea.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join