It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alli, the new weight control pill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I guess it was supposed to be RX and now its going to hit the market with FDA approval.

Another scam to make your wallet thinner? I never heard of it before, i guess its name is Orlistat- It will be in 60 mg tablets.

Anyone know about this? What are the risks?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
do you know what chems are in it......im very well versed on dru.....err.....chemicals

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here's the initial FDA report (btw, I've heard of this drug before):
www.webmd.com...

The pharma company that makes this is concerned that not enough long range studies were done.

Mayo Clinic has a review of the pill and the side effects. Note that you still have to diet and exercise ... it just speeds up the weight loss. Side effects basically include :
Gas with an oily anal discharge
Loose stools or diarrhea
More frequent bowel movements
Hard-to-control bowel movements

This is from the uncontrolled fat and is treatable by eating a low fat diet while on this.

www.mayoclinic.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Thank you, Byrd. I wanted to get it but i dont want to be in a position to have the nasty side effects they're talking about!

Anyway, i will do more research. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Is this the one Stephen Colbert talked about on his show? He said the actual website for the diet pill advises to wear dark pants? Anyone got a link to the website?

[edit on 22-6-2007 by goose]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.Myalli.com

And yes, wear dark pants if you're intake of fat is going to be more than they recommend!!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I checked out trimspa on amazon.com just to see what customers who had tried it had to say. Surprisingly they had a lot of good comments so to the op you might want to check them out as well.

I watched Anna Nicole Smith's show and saw where she was interviewing some chefs and said she was going on a diet, so I was not too sure if the Trimspa was the main reason she lost all of the weight. I did see recently where someone said she learned about the trimspa from a show she did, where someone told her they had lost a lot of weight on Trimspa and she tried it and then became a spokeperson after losing the weight.

I also wondered if she had the weight reduction surgery, but after reading the reviews I think I will try it soon myself. Good Luck on the weight loss, let me know what you try and if it helps.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think Anna Nicole had to make a cover story for her 'rapid' weight loss due to the cocktail of drugs she was taking.
I know because I did this myself at one point many years ago. People would ask me "how are you loosing sooo much weight?" I had a pretty good reputation at the time so I could not say "Oh I met a new boyfriend and he feeds me speed". So instead I made up this big fat lie about low fat diet and exercise...
Well getting down to about a size -0 it eventually caught up with me and at least my bosses knew it was due to drugs and fired me with love.
I got pregnant with my now 12 year old son and thank god due to an overly loving Mom, and a very cool Doctor, I cleaned up my act once and for all and have remained clean by absolute desire and strong will, but the side effects were weight gain.
I dabble with weight loss all the time and have tried everything from Atkins to juice fasting.
I found that after all the drugs and starvation my system is stuck on "Store" mode.
So the moral to this story is that doing anything which changes the natural mechanics of your body comes with risk.
I have found the best way to loose weight and keep it off is to love yourself and work on the issues that made you over weight in the first place.
When you are accepting of your individual body weight and look, then finding out what your allergies are such as wheat or gluten is the first important life step.
Once this is accomplished I highly recommend looking into a diet which meets with your personal food choices and building around that.
The final step would be to investigate which foods are high in alkalinity.
You want to keep your body at its optimum by eating 90% low to no alkaline foods and beverages. You can even ward off and heal certain illness's by staying with High PH foods and beverages.

Alkaline =Bad***PH=Good

I am still struggling with my weight, but at least I know how to maintain what weight I am now. A few here have seen pictures of me, I'm no skinny Minnie, but I am healthy and feel good about myself no matter what the scales read!

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
OOOps ! I screwed up on that one, got the chemical words askew,,, here is a list of low "Acid" foods verses Alkaline. Sorry how embarrassing, I have a really good list some where stored I will try to retrieve for you. Once you learn the basics its pretty easy to live by and like me, just forget the outline of this new way of living, I post a partial list of low acid high Alkaline foods along with the best of the immune boosters on my fridge... Ok now you know I am a bit dyslectic

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is that partial list...

askwaltstollmd.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Side effects basically include :
Gas with an oily anal discharge
Loose stools or diarrhea
More frequent bowel movements
Hard-to-control bowel movements

Those are "side effects"? Just sounds like morning, after coffee with the sports page, to me.

[Had to beat Dr. Love to it]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I see this drug is called Orlistat.

Does anyone recall an FDA approved food additive called Olestra that was eventually pulled from the market ?

Olestra was approved by the association of Food and Drug Administration for use as a food additive in 1996 and was initially used in potato chips under the WOW brand by Frito Lay. In 1998, which was the first year Olestra products were marketed nationally after the FDA’s Food Advisory Committee confirmed a judgment it made 2 years earlier, sales were over $400 million (Nestle 338). However, by 2000 sales slowed to $200 million, largely caused by the unappealing health warning label, which was mandated by the FDA:

This Product Contains Olestra. Olestra may cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Olestra inhibits the absorption of some vitamins and other nutrients. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added.

This condition became popularly known as "anal leakage," though this term never actually appeared on the label.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is it odd that they have similar names and they both cause anal leakage ?

I'd be afraid to go more than ten feet from a toilet, or I'd start wearing Depends diapers if I was on this stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeahright, don't ever infringe on my territory again!!

My question is how do you know if an anal discharge is "oily" if you don't work it a little with your fingers?

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
how do you know if an anal discharge is "oily" if you don't work it a little with your fingers?

Alright folks, nobody start playing with their poop in this thread.

I'm starting to get a little gag at the back of my throat just thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
this drug appaerntly only works if you eat properly and exercise. in other words, you do what you should do to lose weight and you will lose weight, maybe faster because you'll be pooping more often (and from the sound of it, more uncomfortably).

I'll take an atkins stone over some kind of uncontrollable sweet crude any day of the week.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you eat right, exercise, and carry this magic crystal in your pocket (only $49.95) you will lose weight.

Brilliant!

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'll take an atkins stone over some kind of uncontrollable sweet crude any day of the week.

Dr Love wants to know how we discern "oily". I absolutely don't want to know how we determine "sweet".

top topics

join