It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Public Banning Today...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Is banning enough? Won't killtown just come back under another alias.

What we need is a cyber "burning at the stake" kinda action!!

Yeah, I'm afraid you'll have to move on to public beheadings before that forum is tamed.

Heads will

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow, what a victory.....

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
To be honest, this is the first time I had even heard of this poster.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicRH
Public banning? This is almost like a public execution - and they say the Nazis haven't taken over? You will be silenced for your opinion Killtown, freedom of speech will not be tolerated! (even if it is deluded pap)

The internet is no longer a series of isolated communities held together with hyperlinks. It's a vast inter-connected cosmopolitan environment. A Virtual Reality all its own, with real-time consequences. A few years ago, some people did actualy debate the potential impact of off-site activities. Could you really be banned from one web site becuase ofw hat you did on another? I was in the minority. I said "yes."

Words and deeds have consequences. This holds true in the real world and in the online world. Even in the real world, some people like to be too poliitical or manipulative for their own good. It's considered bad behavior to play groups off against each other. Modern search engines and real-time stream monitoring make this much harder to do than it used to be. I's going to take a while for that lesson to be learned by the people most likely to do it, but there it is.

Because it is possible to put up a specifically groomed 'front' on the internet, credibility can be earned and lost very quickly. If what you post or upload isn't consistent, you will be found out. It's one thing to change your mind, or have a change of heart in some other way, but the links don't lie when you seek to deceive. There are just enough people looking for the fudge to catch you and spread the word.

In the future, there will be more policing of the internet. Some of it will be done by site owners. Some of it will be done by Federal and State law enforcement. Long after those measures are in place--for better or for worse--there will still be people will want to try and game the system to manipulate the online communities.

I'm glad to see it when any web site owner makes this type of decision. We don;t tolerate this kind of behavior in the real world. We should tolerate it online. There's no public execution here. This is a public airing of the truth, and that's why I'm here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It seems someone's angry that his links never contained any pr0n.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Guy
It seems someone's angry that his links never contained any pr0n.

You can never get enough pr0n

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ok, it's never good when someone is banned, with that said:

Mr. Oldham has said it better than I ever could. Some have found the 9-11 forum as a medium to 'throw' any idea that would otherwise be repulsive into a context that we are all supposed to accept. Theories that would otherwise be considered candidates for the junk pile, are finding some sort of legitimacy under the 9-11 umbrella.

Originally posted by Justin Oldham:

Words and deeds have consequences. This holds true in the real world and in the online world. Even in the real world, some people like to be too poliitical or manipulative for their own good. It's considered bad behavior to play groups off against each other. Modern search engines and real-time stream monitoring make this much harder to do than it used to be. I's going to take a while for that lesson to be learned by the people most likely to do it, but there it is.

Originally, Internet theives were not judged on the same plane as traditional ones. However, in time the lines between their crimes has disappeared.This may not be the best example, however, I do believe it serves a purpose of showing that we are not exempt from acting decently online.

When I joined ATS it was because I heard an established member talk about how 'amazing' the members were. This I found was the truth and is still the case for the most part. ATS stands for something in my mind: It is a safe place where we can have a 'meeting of the minds' , where we are able to intellectually 'joust', and test theories, in a safe and organized place. ATS is an amazing place.

Let's keep it the special place that it is and respect it for that.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello, I'm a bit new to ATS, Ive been coming her for over a year but wasnt until now I thought I might be of assistance.

Ive been having a duel of the wits with a guy on Youtube. His videos are the famed September Clues, which are pretty good, they make you think. I really dont know much about it other than that, and that hes a bit angry, hence the feud.
Checking his Profile space on youtube , I found this;

i am a no boeing theorist. it may sound crazy at first, but maybe you should investigate first. the truth movement will tell you we are 'disinfo agents' lol. maybe you should just think for yourself and research it

911closeup
killtown
webfairy

Heres the addy for those who want it
www.youtube.com...

Now I am not following the "Killtown" thing too closely, it caught my eye because its on the front page. But might this be his other names? Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am wondering ... And by all means ... This is just a question ... and might not have any incite on anything ... But if the government did take control of cyberspace ... Would they be able to take control of this web site ????And monitor everything that goes on here ??

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Praise God. A light shines through.
I had just given up on ATS over - 'them'. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well, I can't say I have a great interest in 9/11 personally, but there does seem to be a lot of weird and wacky stuff - both official AND un-official - all over the Net about it.

On a completely UNrelated topic....I have to say a big 'Thanks' to the people who run this site. I've been on hundreds of Crypto/UFO sites all over the web - and this place is a real pleasure to visit! Well thought out, nicely presented, logically constructed ....just plain good!

Cheers guys and keep up the sterling work.

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know why but the Thread tittle "A Public Banning" sounded to me like Public execution the first one in ATS.

Don't get me wrong but it was just one of those things that happens sometimes.

I do not doubt that it was justified.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm glad Killtown is dead. I come to A.T.S. for all the hot action.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow, this is just bizarre! I read over killtowns threads, and I even visited his blog. I did notice that he spent a lot of time at his blog bashing ATS which seemed like a waste of time to me, but when I read his threads I noticed that it was only a handful of people that constantly refuted and fought everything he said. As far as I'm concerned, they were worse name callers than he was...And to admit monitoring his activities at other sites seems really really creepy to me...I know he was bashing ATS, but it seems to me he was doing so because he felt he was getting an unfair rap.

BTW, I know I'm a new register, but I've been reading here for quite some time. I know I don't know all of the details that went into this decision but it just seems odd to me. And as others have already said, it does remind me of a public execution and censorship.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This last POST is exactly what I am talking about I didn't want to go into it that far out of fear of being banned on this site myself ... But why, how, and WHO was monitoring his postings on other sites as well as this one ?? Seems like a lot of work for an ATS mod to do on his/her own. Seems like ATS may have been contacted and told by a member of the Government or someone with the Power and Knowledge and TIME to keep up with every post on every Conspiracy site ... Hmmmmmmmm ... Is there more to this that ATS is letting on ?? Would we ever really truly find out ... My guess is "NO". ... My guess is they could literally shut off all access to the net with the information of my IP ... That is so readily accesible these days ... it is rediculous ... ..Although they would probably get more information from the real criminals by letting them stay online and just MONITOR every key stroke they make ???

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hallelujah!!

Mister "Killtown" claims to be a 9/11 Conspiracy expert, yet I find it rediculously bizzare that he failed to recognize WTC Core Columns and even told me they were the facades! A man so inept and driven by ulterior motives does not deserve a place in the 9/11 Conspiracies Forum... in my view.

Superb decision.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthalive
And as others have already said, it does remind me of a public execution and censorship.

OK, let me clear this one up for you:

ATS and censorship

This shows that ATS doesn't censor but we DO have rules that everyone AGREES to adhere to when they register. One of those rules from the T&C:

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion.

As to the "public execution", this is just my opinion, but wasn't he the one that was dissing ATS publicly? I think you pointed that out. My science teacher would be annoyed, I don't recall who's law this is but, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

That's how I see it. My opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
This last POST is exactly what I am talking about I didn't want to go into it that far out of fear of being banned on this site myself ... But why, how, and WHO was monitoring his postings on other sites as well as this one ?? Seems like a lot of work for an ATS mod to do on his/her own. Seems like ATS may have been contacted and told by a member of the Government or someone with the Power and Knowledge and TIME to keep up with every post on every Conspiracy site ... Hmmmmmmmm ... Is there more to this that ATS is letting on ?? Would we ever really truly find out ... My guess is "NO". ... My guess is they could literally shut off all access to the net with the information of my IP ... That is so readily accesible these days ... it is rediculous ... ..Although they would probably get more information from the real criminals by letting them stay online and just MONITOR every key stroke they make ???

I've come across other 9/11 sites that killtown and others posted on while doing research. It's not like it's hard to find someone posting somewhere else if you're researching 9/11.

[edit on 6/14/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
After arguing with him on several threads i decided to investigate his other internet activity, and i posted in a thread that he was trying to gain publicity by causing chaos on here, then posting the outcome over the internet that we were shills and slagging of mods and members. A mod asked me for links and i gave them..
So no ATS did not snoop, i blew the whistle on his agenda, so your allegations are BS.. If you look into it, he wasnot for 9/11 truth or educated debate, he had a bannings list like a roll of honour on his Blog to try and look clever and gain publicity for their failing truth forum, that is why they came here, to try and redirect people there.. because to be honest it is dead on its ass, as is his Blog, whilst ATS is succesfull and has muchos traffic..
To do this for publicity on a subject like 9/11 is deplorable, and ATS should be commended not slagged and dissed.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
But why, how, and WHO was monitoring his postings on other sites as well as this one ?? Seems like a lot of work for an ATS mod to do on his/her own.

It's not like ATS went to them, they came HERE. It's happened more than once. Someone wants to take a whack at the best and it become clear pretty quickly.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Calm down, intrepid I was the one that posted the term public execution but it was because actually the tittle of the thread did sound like public execution to me.

I do not know the member that go banned and I already said that I was sure is was for a good reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join