It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What have "LIBERALS" done for America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Obviously you can't read can you? I said he served 12 full years, and part of the enxt 1 because he died! Learn to read.

Also, learn that Two Bush's outspent everyone else. Two Republicans outspent every other president in history.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightstorm
Obviously you can't read can you? I said he served 12 full years, and part of the enxt 1 because he died! Learn to read.

Sometimes it's hard to understand you. Sorry about that.

Also, learn that Two Bush's outspent everyone else. Two Republicans outspent every other president in history.

Congratulations, you can repeat yourself like a monkey. Again, per GDP, that's completely false. FDR wins there. But apparently, you can do nothing but repeat the same thing over and over again as a troll.

I give up, it's worthless trying to explain things to something like you.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal
Liberals are for abortion, but against the death penalty.
Kill a baby, save a criminal.

To play your game, today's conservatives are for fetuses and against the living (Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina victims, Darfur).

]They are for afferimitive action.
Give someone a job based on their race, not qualifications.

I've never been a fan of affirmative action, but let's face it, white establishment and its suckled middle class fear any kind of seismic transfer of power from white folks to colored.

That's the God's honest truth, however tasteless it is.

Love taxes.
More money in the goverments hands and less in yours! No wonder why we have the lowest savins rate in how many years. The govt knows how to spend your money better than you!!

Profligate spending and no oversight. A pox on we the people for putting up with it. They burn through our tax dollars as we amuse ourselves to death and act like chattle.

Illegal Immigration.
The keyword here is ILLEGAL, Whats next to slide down this slope, child molesters?

Pre-9-11, I was really hardcore anti-illegal immigration. But honestly now, in the face of this absolutely amoral Cheney administration ruling the earth, with torture as its tool, illegal immigration doesn't mean much to me anymore. Seems like we should be way more afraid of the enemy within our gates.

Gay marriage benifits.
Marriage is defined by the union of a man and woman, not man/man or woman/woman. You want the benifits play by the rules.

By who's rules? Yours? Who tf are you? God? I'm a Christian, a Baptist, no less, but I ask you, if joe and Mo get married, how does that affect you? It doesn't affect me at all. Personally speaking, that is. I just don't see what the big deal is. Pigs will fly before the church sanctions gay marriage. So if your beef on it is religious, don't worry. Civil unions, which is sure to become the next new thing legally, isn't sanctioned by the church. Its just a business matter. Legally.

Reperations.
You want me to pay for something my great, great, great, great grandfolks may or may have not done? Well then it stands to reason you should pay for my great, great, great, great grand childrens actions. But dont pay them, I want you to pay me!! Lets just call it even.

This is a subject not even worth discussing.

War in IRAQ/terrorisum.
Along for the ride as long as a Clinton is in office.

The Iraq War is absolutely immoral and should be stopped immediately. Clinton has not much to do with this. Other than laying the soft groundwork (sanctions under his presidency) for an invasion. This is ALL Bush's doing and fault. And Darth Cheney's.

Pork barrel projects.
Way to many to list, I'd be here forever.

Thanks to the George W. Bush administration, the deficit is larger than it has ever been in history. Dumbya makes Reagan look cheap. And I never thot I would say such a thing.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
To play your game, today's conservatives are for fetuses and against the living (Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina victims, Darfur).

Well that's not too fair. Iraq, for one, is "liberation" not outright killing, as abortion can be. Not that I support it. Afghanistan's the same, with the additional fact that it was ruled by the Taliban, with its tied to Bin Laden.

Katrina, we all know how effective the federal government is in handling that sort of thing.

Darfur? Since when did we invade Darfur?

I've never been a fan of affirmative action, but let's face it, white establishment and its suckled middle class fear any kind of seismic transfer of power from white folks to colored.

Eh, I don't think it's as racial as you put it. I think the "establishment" wants to keep power regardless of what race anyone is.

By who's rules? Yours? Who tf are you? God? I'm a Christian, a Baptist, no less, but I ask you, if joe and Mo get married, how does that affect you? It doesn't affect me at all. Personally speaking, that is. I just don't see what the big deal is. Pigs will fly before the church sanctions gay marriage. So if your beef on it is religious, don't worry. Civil unions, which is sure to become the next new thing legally, isn't sanctioned by the church. Its just a business matter. Legally.

Good stuff.

The Iraq War is absolutely immoral and should be stopped immediately. Clinton has not much to do with this. Other than laying the soft groundwork (sanctions under his presidency) for an invasion. This is ALL Bush's doing and fault. And Darth Cheney's.

Bush, and the congress who voted to allow it. They're as much to blame as he is.

I don't know about stopping it immediately, since I don't know enough about the region to say what would happen if we left. Regardless, I'm very weary of the war.

Thanks to the George W. Bush administration, the deficit is larger than it has ever been in history. Dumbya makes Reagan look cheap. And I never thot I would say such a thing.

Of course, with the inflated dollar and increased national GDP. Like I've said, over and over (not to you, though, to be fair), you have to look at it per GDP. Though Bush is running the debt way too high and spending far too much, I know at least FDR spent more per GDP than Bush.

Doesn't make it any more right, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
Well that's not too fair. Iraq, for one, is "liberation" not outright killing, as abortion can be. Not that I support it. Afghanistan's the same, with the additional fact that it was ruled by the Taliban, with its tied to Bin Laden.

To be quite fair, we didn't go into Iraq to liberate them. We went cos Dumbya told everyone they had WMD.

The script changed as things went from worse to worser.

Darfur? Since when did we invade Darfur?

Darfur invaded Darfur. But being the bigTime Christian nation and all that we are, it is a moral problem. One that we ignore quite effectively, until a$$hats like Bono come along yelling about poor people & stuff.

Eh, I don't think it's as racial as you put it. I think the "establishment" wants to keep power regardless of what race anyone is.

And what race has the prevailing power class in the US of A been? White. That's right. Say it with me brutha, white power.

Bush, and the congress who voted to allow it. They're as much to blame as he is.

The war. Hillary Clinton, et al. Those who voted for the authorization for the Iraq War are absolutely amoral. Intellectually, they knew better. But it was all about politix. Looking strong.

Like Mike Gravel said, anyone who voted for the Iraq war is not fit to lead this nation.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Darfur invaded Darfur. But being the bigTime Christian nation and all that we are, it is a moral problem. One that we ignore quite effectively, until a$$hats like Bono come along yelling about poor people & stuff.

I think it's a bad idea to go in just because it's not our business, as Iraq wasn't both times, as Kosovo wasn't, and as Vietnam wasn't. We can't afford to play world police.

And what race has the prevailing power class in the US of A been? White. That's right. Say it with me brutha, white power.

Yeah. But affirmative action is basically saying that you can't get an opportunity if a "minority" of equal or lower ability applies because you're white.

The war. Hillary Clinton, et al. Those who voted for the authorization for the Iraq War are absolutely amoral. Intellectually, they knew better. But it was all about politix. Looking strong.

Like Mike Gravel said, anyone who voted for the Iraq war is not fit to lead this nation.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I think it's a bad idea to go in just because it's not our business, as Iraq wasn't both times, as Kosovo wasn't, and as Vietnam wasn't. We can't afford to play world police.

I grew up believing ww2 was the war of the worlds and we were the good guys.

Didn't know much about korea.

Grew up disliking Vietnam, tho too young to really know why. Until I grew up and started reading about it. One thing kept surfacing, no mission, too many casualties. Did not form good image.

Then I went into the Army. 1989. Cold War. Going strong. I believed in our cause during the Gulf War (101st Airborne Div. hoowah.)

In college, I totally disagreed with our involovement in Bosnia. I thot that was Europe's problem, personally, and that our losing soldiers lives wasn't worth that.

And I totally opposed invading Iraq.

Yeah. But affirmative action is basically saying that you can't get an opportunity if a "minority" of equal or lower ability applies because you're white.

To be fair, its a leg up to exceptional people of different backgrounds than mainstream americans (read: white people). White people, I believe are the most spoiled complacent people on earth. And have been more numerous than any group in America since its founding. Until now anyway. Seriously, tho, I thank God every day that I'm a white american ( I kid you not). Not that I have anything against people of other races - being white just seems to be the most easy existence on earth. :shk:

[edit on 6/25/07 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Except Bush 43 has spent more then every democrat and he still has a year left! So, Bush 43 outspends every democrat, and both Bush's outspend EVERY presidnet EVER. So, who are the big spenders?

Well, firstly, you make the mistake of labeling Bush a conservative. Pfft!! He is not a conservative. His spending habits and border policy proves that. If he were a conservative, he would have secured our national borders within months after 9/11, not wait until five years had went by, and try to use it as a method to get "legacy" points.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
liberals defend our libertys and even if they arent in office to enact major paper signing they still hold down the "correct" side of politics (for humans and environment)>

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
liberals defend our libertys and even if they arent in office to enact major paper signing they still hold down the "correct" side of politics (for humans and environment)>

More generalizations, if you're talking about capital L Liberals and not lowercase l liberals.

Hilary Clinton, I think, is a capital L "Liberal". She believes, for example, in gun control, and was one of only sixteen senators to vote against the Vitter Ammendment. That's an amendment to the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 that states that weapons can't be confiscated. I'm guessing it was partially a response to things that happened in the aftermath of Katrina. She wants to make flag burning illegal. I could go on.

Point is, generalizations don't work. And the traditional "Liberal" position is more anti-rights than anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

More generalizations, if you're talking about capital L Liberals and not lowercase l liberals.

Hilary Clinton, I think, is a capital L "Liberal". She believes, for example, in gun control, and was one of only sixteen senators to vote against the Vitter Ammendment. That's an amendment to the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 that states that weapons can't be confiscated. I'm guessing it was partially a response to things that happened in the aftermath of Katrina. She wants to make flag burning illegal. I could go on.

Point is, generalizations don't work. And the traditional "Liberal" position is more anti-rights than anything.

This from the guy who thinks FDR should have let Hitler kill all the jews and take over the world all because FDR was a democrat. If FDR had been a republican you wouldn't care how much money he spent, just like you don't mind two Bush's have spent more money then every other president combined.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This from the guy who thinks FDR should have let Hitler kill all the jews and take over the world all because FDR was a democrat. If FDR had been a republican you wouldn't care how much money he spent, just like you don't mind two Bush's have spent more money then every other president combined.

Uh...what? We didn't join for anything related to the Holocaust, not at all.

I don't give a damn what party FDR was part of, he was a terrible leader. But of course, if you weren't too arrogant and immature to read the thread before you post, you would know that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join