It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy boats acting chlldishly... collide at full speed *video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This Video shows some sailors having fun on the ocean, and at full speed two ship collide uncontrollably.

I'm sure some captain is in trouble.

Mods, I'm sorry, wasn't sure where to place this.

AAC

Mod edit: cap title

[edit on 6/13/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Somebody is in biiiiiiig trouble.
Funny I never seen this on the news, go's to show you who is runnibg the news.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Without more information, how do you know that these were childish acts and not the result of some malfunction.

You can bet someone paid a price for that event, but passing your own judgement on the incident without knowing what happened is childish.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Without more information, how do you know that these were childish acts and not the result of some malfunction.

You can bet someone paid a price for that event, but passing your own judgement on the incident without knowing what happened is childish.

It was the giggling and fascination that was apparent in the video. From the way they reacted the previous time when they "almost" wrecked, was an indication that they were flirting with danger. Nevertheless, that it semantics, the video was just to reveal an unfortunate accident.

Didn't mean to offend.

AAC

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't even think those are US Navy ships. US ships usually have the hull number painted on the bow, and they don't look like ships that I've seen. The bigger ship doesn't look like any of the major US classes. It looks like a cruiser sized ship, but all the US cruisers are Aegis, and that's definitely NOT an Aegis.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Looks British. We don't have that golf ball looking radar.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
They're German, you can see the German flag on the sailor's shoulder just before the video ends:

[edit on 13/6/07 by Implosion]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I think it's Canadian or USCG.

Is it time to change their diapers?

Edit: They certainly don't sound German, perhaps a coalition?

[edit on 13/6/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Implosion is right. I looked at the comments under it, and someone else noticed the German flag too. They're German Navy. They're definitely NOT USCG, and the Canadians use a blueish color for their ships.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Nope the Patrol boats are Gepard Class Fast patrol boats and the frigates are Meko Class.

Definitely German hoons

Scheinhoons!

[edit on 13-6-2007 by sy.gunson]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I found it odd that nobody in the entire video spoke a coherant word the whole time. It was almost eerie.

AAC

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
coherant word...thats because they are not speaking English.

I could tell from the begining they were not English or USA. While I did not at first see the flag...thanks for this info to the poster by the way....the foreward deck gun did not look like the ones we have on the US Navy ships. Also this is a very small ship. I suppose it could be classed as a corvette. Smaller than our basic FFG or destroyer type ships.

These guys however were very much like sailors world wide...young and enthusiastic. THe zeal of youth.

Agree..something could have gone wrong with the steering or such. We dont know. It was not reported here because it did not happen to a US Navy ship.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The boats are Gepard class fast attack vessels - im trying to work out the number seen at 48 seconds - i *think* it is P6125 which makes the ship hit as the S 75 Zobel

edit:

image i found

homepage.eircom.net...

the box on the rear is the RAM launcher.

[edit on 14/6/07 by Harlequin]

new topics

top topics

join