It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 allowed Bush to become Hitler? (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
Unless you are a terrorist, I'm fairly certain you don't need to worry about this stuff. I can also assure you they aren't going to come after you for developing conspiracy theories either.

Tell that to Maher Arar.

Maher Arar is a 34-year-old wireless technology consultant. He was born in Syria and came to Canada with his family at the age of 17. He became a Canadian citizen in 1991. On Sept. 26, 2002, while in transit in New York’s JFK airport when returning home from a vacation, Arar was detained by US officials and interrogated about alleged links to al-Qaeda. Twelve days later, he was chained, shackled and flown to Syria, where he was held in a tiny “grave-like” cell for ten months and ten days before he was moved to a better cell in a different prison. In Syria, he was beaten, tortured and forced to make a false confession.

www.maherarar.ca...

It can, and does happen to innocent people. So, I do think you need to worry about this stuff.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
i believe the pictures are symbolic.....idonno about him being a ruthless dictator but hes infringed alot on our rights...imean really i support alot of the things our governements doing ((aside from the whole border issue i live in new mex and most of the immigrants are bringing drugs over the border and guns i would know i bought some once)) but i believe a president of ours once said "those who would trade freedom for security deserve niether"

It was B franklin who quoted that.

And if we as a nation called a vote to end the drug war and distribute addictive drugs through registered hospitals, with armed guards, and left the soft drugs to be grown freely, I think it would be a fair system and the drug crime rings will be deligitemized instantly. But drugs are more available now than if they were regulated I think, to kids that is. somehow this chaos is being intentionaly created by disobedient childish leaders and corrupt politicians though, to keep you the taxpayer, paying taxes. we could easily micro-nuke the drug production facilities in mexico, why dont we? because our leaders are likely getting cash from it all like we suspected they are..

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Unless you are a terrorist, I'm fairly certain you don't need to worry about this stuff. I can also assure you they aren't going to come after you for developing conspiracy theories either.

Tell that to Maher Arar.

Maher Arar is a 34-year-old wireless technology consultant. He was born in Syria and came to Canada with his family at the age of 17. He became a Canadian citizen in 1991. On Sept. 26, 2002, while in transit in New York’s JFK airport when returning home from a vacation, Arar was detained by US officials and interrogated about alleged links to al-Qaeda. Twelve days later, he was chained, shackled and flown to Syria, where he was held in a tiny “grave-like” cell for ten months and ten days before he was moved to a better cell in a different prison. In Syria, he was beaten, tortured and forced to make a false confession.

www.maherarar.ca...

It can, and does happen to innocent people. So, I do think you need to worry about this stuff.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by TheComte]

It's unfortunate that this happened but lets also keep in mind the guy was from Syria with a name that likely was similar to someone who was connected to terrorism. It sucks that this happens to the Maher Arars of the world but I highly doubt John Smith from Arkensas has anything to worry about.

Again, I'm not defending this mistake at all. It was a terrible thing to happen...But I still don't think the average American has anything to worry about in this case. It isn't an example of a dictatorship government, it's an example of a mistake that unfortunately happened.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It's unfortunate that this happened but lets also keep in mind the guy was from Syria with a name that likely was similar to someone who was connected to terrorism. It sucks that this happens to the Maher Arars of the world but I highly doubt John Smith from Arkensas has anything to worry about.

All I can say is WOW. I can't believe people actually think this way. Good thing your name is Dave and not Mohammid huh? Boy are YOU lucky. But, just wait. What happens if I were to anonomously point the finger at you and yell terrorist?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
All I can say is WOW. I can't believe people actually think this way. Good thing your name is Dave and not Mohammid huh? Boy are YOU lucky. But, just wait. What happens if I were to anonomously point the finger at you and yell terrorist?

You're missing the point. All I was saying is that these policies have little to no effect on the majority of the country, and that people tend to blow them way out of preportion as if their personal freedom is being compromised.

I don't even live in the USA so point all you want. I doubt anything would happen even if I was American anyways.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Ya, I'm white too so I don't think I'll ever get mistaken for a terrorist either, let alone a middle eastern man. But the point is if it happens to one person it's too many. To be able to ship some guy off to another country's dungeon, without so much as a hearing or disclosure of the evidence, that is too much power for a government to wield. Any government. Even the US government.

Lot's of people have the same name in the world. To use that as an excuse is not valid. That is why some kind of hearing is necessary, to prevent these mistakes.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ya, I'm white too so I don't think I'll ever get mistaken for a terrorist either, let alone a middle eastern man. But the point is if it happens to one person it's too many. To be able to ship some guy off to another country's dungeon, without so much as a hearing or disclosure of the evidence, that is too much power for a government to wield. Any government. Even the US government.

Lot's of people have the same name in the world. To use that as an excuse is not valid. That is why some kind of hearing is necessary, to prevent these mistakes.

The system is not perfect and I never claimed it was. All I said was that the average person need not live in fear, and that to claim their personal rights are being invaded is silly.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I started this thread just to show the similarities between Hitlers rise to power and what Bush has put in the pipeline since 911 that COULD lead to a dictator ship.

Bush used 911 to destroy our Bill of Rights. He used the same excuses as Hitler.

Keith Olberman said it best

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
we have now made it legal to declare somone a illegal enemy combatant and hold them without due process...which is in our bill of rights that you are garunteed a fair trial.

believe it or not, it was overturned, thank God.

Full Article

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is another video from Keith that breaks it down Barney Style.

This parallels Hitlers destruction of the German Constitution

[edit on 13-6-2007 by acmeartifacts]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The system is not perfect and I never claimed it was. All I said was that the average person need not live in fear, and that to claim their personal rights are being invaded is silly.

you're joking right? since it's inception, every citizens' right to privacy has been invaded.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmeartifacts
Bush used 911 to destroy our Bill of Rights. He used the same excuses as Hitler.

What excuses were those, exactly...

The jews are ruining our society?
Communists can't be trusted?
Economic sanctions have unfairly weakened our country infrastructure?

I'm sorry...your comparison, as far as I can tell, is Bush-bashing shockery.

Bush has provided us all with plenty of fodder. There's really no need to make a reach like this.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In the video I posted in the first post, it showed Hitler staging the false flag operation of blaming the Dutch for burning the German building.
It then showed him making an act similar to the Patriot Act as well as the military commisions act to destroy the people rights in trade for security.

That is the same excuse. Never did I mention nor did the film mention anything you just did. Frankly you just put words in my mouth in an apparent attempt at bashing me.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What is this doing in the 9/11 forum?

Please remove.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It then showed him making an act similar to the Patriot Act as well as the military commisions act to destroy the people rights in trade for security.

Here is text from the Reichstag Fire Decree, that you are comparing to the Patriot Act:

It is therefore permissible to restrict the rights of personal freedom [habeas corpus], freedom of opinion, including the freedom of the press, the freedom to organize and assemble, the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications, and warrants for house searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.

The Fire Decree literally removed FREEDOM OF OPINION from Germany. Comparing the two acts is like comparing a nerf ball to a nuke.

Frankly you just put words in my mouth in an apparent attempt at bashing me.

I admit it, I was attempting to bash you.
Please don't compare me to a genocidal maniac.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The comparison is accurate. When you create an act like the patriot act that removes even 1 of our rights, you are trashing the entire constitution and opening up the door to remove them all.
How Bush got away with even removing a tiny bit of our rights is the same way he can remove them all.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Keith Olberman said it best

Keith Olberman is spewing for ratings. He found his shtick .. nothing more.

gave Bush the power to become Dictator of America.

The President of the United States is NOT a dictator. He was elected. He has to deal with congress. etc etc If he was dictator he would have changed the Constitution to read 'no gay marriage' like he wanted to.

Your statement is bunk.

I have no problem saying sorry if Bush does not follow the Hitler path of dictator.

Start apologizing.

You denigrate the 6 million murdered Jews, Catholics, homosexuals, and physically impaired people that Hitler murdered. You denigrate the tens of millions who died or who were killed in WWII.

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Im only comparing how he got to power.
Not the crimes Hitler committed.

Bush Anoints Himself as the Insurer of Constitutional Government in Emergency

This is the actions of a Dictator.

If on election day the country is faced with ANY emergency Bush can suspend the elections, and remain in power.

He can maintain that position until he feels the country can resume under the constitution.

I read it, did you?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The President of the United States is NOT a dictator. He was elected. He has to deal with congress. etc etc If he was dictator he would have changed the Constitution to read 'no gay marriage' like he wanted to.

True he was elected and months later we were attacked. Which is very odd I thought.

I feel that Bush has Congress over a barrel over the Iraq funding. And despite many people in opposition of the immigration bill he's now pushing the immigration bill. (Any news on that btw?)

We have to wake up I don't like this either but Bush is vagrantly disregarding us. And thats wrong.

He now has the US Patriot act it first came out in October 2001.
I have two articles stating Bush's remark on the Consitution. I would put them here but there too long.

(I'm sorry if I got off topic.)

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I read it, did you?

Okay...so you're talking about the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive right? Because yes, unfortunately for you, I did read that.

For those of you who would rather not take the time to read through it...and I don't blame you...here are a few excerpts that apply to this conversation:

from Section 5a describing ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the act...

(a) Ensuring the continued functioning of our form of government under the Constitution, including the functioning of the three separate branches of government;

(c) Defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic...

This applies to assertions that the President would have sole authorship of a national continuity program:

(9) Recognizing that each branch of the Federal Government is responsible for its own continuity programs, an official designated by the Chief of Staff to the President shall ensure that the executive branch's COOP and COG policies in support of ECG efforts are appropriately coordinated with those of the legislative and judicial branches in order to ensure interoperability and allocate national assets efficiently to maintain a functioning Federal Government.

And leave it to the government to be redundant...

(21) This directive:
(a) Shall be implemented consistent with applicable law

Im only comparing how he got to power.

You have to admit, this act reads a little different than the Reichstag Fire Decree, no?

If on election day the country is faced with ANY emergency Bush can suspend the elections, and remain in power.

There is NO mention of suspended elections or anything else regarding the term of a President in this act.

Please give your source for this assertion.

He can maintain that position until he feels the country can resume under the constitution.

Again, I don't understand how you came to this conclusion. It certainly wasn't from the text of this act.

I read it, did you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join