It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw " Sicko "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just watched a dvd copy of Mr. moore's " sicko " , and , as expected ,
he does what he does best , Exploit unfortunate people for his own personal gain . A hypocrite in every sence of the word . For those who
don't know the dictionary definition of hypocrite , here , from dictionary.com , is the definition -
hyp·o·crite /ˈhɪpəkrɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hip-uh-krit] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

And that is Moore to a T . But , as with anything , there is some truth , some half truth's and a ton of things to think about . But he wants us
American's to think the rest of the entire world has better health care than
we do . Now , i would never say that our system is perfect . Not even
close to it .
And there are tons of people who will never get the care that they need but ask youself this question -
If you were sick or injured and in dire need of medical attention , in what
country would you want to be treated ?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, if I had no private insurance at all? Canada...I'd be able to keep my house.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
How did you get a dvd copy of this movie? Just curious.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disarayneed but ask youself this question -

New Zealand, Australia, Most European Countries, Canada

People are now even going to Thailand and India for some procedures.

Even some US insurance providers are sending people to India and Thailand, because of the cost difference.

google is your friend!

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos
How did you get a dvd copy of this movie? Just curious.

well ive just found a dvd rip and a dvd screener on the emule network

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray

Let's see. This week saw the doctor twice. Once to get test requisition, once to get the results. Had the tests done. Time spent, about 45 minutes total(including the doctor's visits). Time from test to get the results 4 days. Result, type 2 Diabetes. The cost out of pocket $0. Gotta go with Canada.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Depends on the type of treatment.

If it was pioneering treatment and I had the money, then US.

If it was a long/medium term problem requiring no special treatment, just meds then UK cos it's free - there's still a lot to be said for the NHS, despite the mess the government have made of it, and our A&E places are still some of the best - depending of course on where you are in the country.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's some info from CNN on infant mortality rates in the U.S.:

www.cnn.com...

"...the United States has the second worst newborn mortality rate in the developed world, according to a new report....
The United States has more neonatologists and neonatal intensive care beds per person than Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, but its newborn rate is higher than any of those countries," said the annual State of the World's Mothers report."

We have the second worst infant mortality rate in the world. Latvia is the only one who is worse and they're not a very rich nation.
Wonder what this says about America's priorities on where money is spent?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was a huge fan, but now I question many of his methods and film edits. I would like to see more docs like his though in the mainstream.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Here's some info from CNN on infant mortality rates in the U.S.:

www.cnn.com...

"...the United States has the second worst newborn mortality rate in the developed world, according to a new report....
The United States has more neonatologists and neonatal intensive care beds per person than Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, but its newborn rate is higher than any of those countries," said the annual State of the World's Mothers report."

We have the second worst infant mortality rate in the world. Latvia is the only one who is worse and they're not a very rich nation.
Wonder what this says about America's priorities on where money is spent?

Maybe its all the POISONS americans put in their children when they are infants...SHOTS. The other countrys with lower mortality rates do not do this. "Why do you put diseases and poisons in your children?" My friend from Paris asked me? HMmmmmm

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I havent seen it yet but the biggest complaint so far is that he's showing the Cuban healthcare for the wealthy and privaliged to make it seem like more than it actually is but not showing the poor and nearly nonexistant healthcare that the everyday pesant is getting. Is this true? Gotta love oligarchies.
I'll look to snag a copy of this over the weekend.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The American health care system is a disaster and leading the country into economic collapse. 50 percent of personal bankruptcies in the US are due to medical expenses.

The drug companies are becoming very wealthy because of the high cost of health care and the ridiculous markup of prescription medications... most of them being pushed on people who don't even need them.

Meanwhile, the American people are the most diseased people in the world among advanced nations. We spend more on health care than anyone, we pay the highest prices for medications, and we're constantly told that we have the best medical technology in the world. But if our health care system is really so good, why do 50 million Americans have no health insurance? Why are hospitals literally dumping uninsured patients on the street, abandoning the sick to protect profits while our politicians actually negotiate on behalf of Big Pharma to make sure Americans keep paying the highest prices in the world for medications?

Source: Why Michael Moore's SiCKO is a health care documentary every American must see

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Great, another Michael Moore propoganda film. I will, of course, watch it for research purposes and so that I can break it down and post the misleading and downright false information that is without a doubt sprinkled throughout. I will definitely not put a penny of my money towards it though, looks like I'll be hitting emule as well.

In answer to your question, I'd take the good old US health care system. It may be expensive, but IMO it's the best in the world and my insurance covers most of the cost anyways.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray

In my country, Italy.
Italian SSN (mean National Health Care) covers every treatments, even superspecialized, for free even if you are foreing, extracomunitarian (from non european country, included many warzone's patients in the end lead back in their country) and hundreds of illigal immigrants who reach our coasts every day.

If you search opinions about italian NHC, many make bad toughts because Italians love criticize every thing in their country like a national sport.
I don't know outher peoples do that. Perhaps we are strange.

Oh...I'm doctor and NHC let me use RMI 1,5 & 3 Tesla and TC 16-64 slides whitout limits, so my colleagues use SPEC, PET, SQUID, Gamma Knife ... and performs chemoterapy, surgical treatments ... whatever they think necessary without an insurance company on the neck.

About France and UK their NHS are much like mine. Only UK has doctors lacking in some zones, but never like Canada where many canadian doctors go to US looking for better earnings. And then who wants live in Canada? They have the permafrost, while we the sun for the most part of the year.
Beside this, dental treatments aren't free in Canada.

Joking apart, I know US citizens are afraid of socialized health care, but they must consider the things don't go always in the ways we want and sometime we need help without worries because we don't have the energy to do that.
In the same way we must take care of the our fellow creatures chiefly because we can be the next.

Certainly a national health care isn't free. It drawns from taxes differently on the basis of income brackets, but it will give the same level of treatment to everyone.
The defect is sometimes some people take advantage of the system like in my country, but this is only issue of public spirit.

Ciao,

Andala

PS

Sorry for my weird english, I hope you understand what I wrote.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by Andala]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You can see the entire movie at here:
files.filefront.com...;7822955;/fileinfo.html

People who have medical coverage think they have it made until something catastrophic happens, then find out that the insurance companies refuse to pay for the treatment that they need.

Another issue with the whole medical industry (and the food industry and the FDA and countless other organizations) is that we are being secretly poisoned in order to induce the medical conditions that require drugs and treatment in the first place. It's a complete scam to make as much money off of us as possible before we die. Any situation that would cause these companies to lose money, are denied treatment and left to die.

Michael Moore is exposing these greedy criminals for what they are and I applaud him.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The gas prices europeans pay for their healthcare system or other taxes for the matter of healthcare are through the roof. Americans are less taxed and can take out a damn loan to pay off bills. Unless you are lazy italian or german with no job begging on the streets for my spit. Lol!!!!!1

top topics

join