It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory of why Sasquatch is never captured nor bones found

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

explain its movements i'm interested and not makin fun as you could make fun of me for my belief that i've seen grey's! so were in the same boat!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You're not alone, I've heard this theory before and for a while it made sense. One of my close friends theorized that bigfoot was a psychokinetic manifestation, a real world manifestation of mental energy that had leaped from our subconscious fears about reverting into a feral state.

My theory as for why bones are never found and Sasquatches never caught is a much simpler more naturalistic one:

Decomposition tests in forest ecosystems have shown that within a little over a week the corpse of an animal is almost unidentifiable to any but those knowledgeable in wildlife. My guess is within a month the bones have been scattered a great distance and damaged by scavengers. That is true for all animals, even the common ones. When dealing with Bigfoot/Sasquatch we are dealing with an animal that is likely very rare thus reducing the chance of ever finding remains. As for never catching one its really simple, these aren't dumb animals. We're dealing with an ape and they are very intelligent and can be as elusive as they want to be. Chances are we are dealing with an unknown evolution of some ape ancestor, so if one of our ancestors did break away and evolve on their own there's no telling the changes it has undergone...

Thing is it doesn't have to be supernatural in order to be elusive, it just has to be smart....

Also, as for it having "powers", I was watching Monster Quest the other day and they mentioned the use of infrasound by animals saying that its possible to induce a fear response and even an almost supernatural feeling

Infrasound

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

These were old dude ranch horses and yes, a horse does react or not, to it's "leader" being the rider. Plus we were high up as well. Things may have been different had been looking right at it though. These horses we had rode on many breakfast rides and encountered bears on the trail. Their ears would perk up but never anything out of control wise.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

I wouldn't make fun of anyone. I'd love to see an alien...or would I????

Kinda hard to explain other than it moved pretty "flowing like" if that makes sense?? We could see it had legs though (not saying it was floating or anything like that) But the way it moved...just compared to a human walking on the same ground, which I have had before, just seemed very smooth & effortlessly. I hope that answer was sufficient enough.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

i would gladly switch experiences so therefor be glad you havent yet! seeing one is like going your whole life believing there arent ghosts and then waking up in the middle of the night and seeing some ghost standing at the foot of your bed just staring at you if you can imagine that type of fear thats the fear you get seeing a grey!

and yeah when you described that movement my mind instantly went back to that famous bigfoot clip where its walking looks back and disappears into the woods when i was a kid and first seen that it shocked the hell out of me because it seems realistic and it moves how you described effortlessly and flowing!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

like going your whole life believing there arent ghosts and then waking up in the middle of the night and seeing some ghost standing at the foot of your bed just staring at you if you can imagine that type of fear thats the fear you get seeing a grey!

Oh my! I don't think I want to see one that way at all. Just thinking baout that gives me the chills

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
to clarify on the post before i havent seen a ghost but dont rule them out just my way of explaining a fear thats far beyond the normal fear that one might experience from time to time

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Gotcha, I knew what ya meant

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i think that it just eludes humans because if it does exist it may be almost as, if not, smart as humans. when humans go on the hunt for it, they treat it like any other animal so it makes an easy escape.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe Bigfoot, Yeti and others simply stay out of human kind's way on purpose. Unlike say bears, deers (food motivated) and other critters who do not enjoy advanced development like Bigfoot. If we were seeing Bigfoot dumpster diving like Bears then it would be a different story but I really believe Bigfoot is more advanced and has reasoning capabilites also. Meaning it can actually think and that prospect is really a threat to a lot of scientists regarding their conclusions of evolution and related theories.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Meaning it can actually think and that prospect is really a threat to a lot of scientists regarding their conclusions of evolution and related theories.

Not necessarily...if Bigfoot turns out to be a real critter...they'd fall into the evolutionary branch of primates and *possibly* hominids. Science can cope with that. It'd make for great reading and probably a lot more guys would sign up for anthropology degrees etc!

Exactly what it could be is more of a problem. Is it intelligent or alarmed by humans? What motive keeps it hidden? It isn't a tool-making hominid...no stone points or blades are found, fresh on the forest floor. Intelligence is unlikely to be higher than a chimpanzee....

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

No "tools" is a strong concept for sure. And it would as you say, suggest the idea better than I presented that a reasoning ability is present.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join