It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camo comparison with the environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Here are some pics of comparison between the uniforms and with the environment. Of course that does not include every environment that you see in the pics. The uniforms comprise of the (top pic--left to right)Woodland, ACU, and the Multicam. The 3rd pic was the people goofying around.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey where is the third guy in picture #2 ?

The picture with the tree in the middle of a field ?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Huh! If he ain't far left then I don't know.

That area will get my first round anyway.

Roper

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The branch that comes down at an angle on the left side of the pic crosses his lower legs. He's laying on his stomach, with his head to the right.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well thanks... That highly commends the camoflage on that soldier.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well at close contact, Camouflage has very little effects, but at a relatively medium range, such as say 100 feet, it becomes extremely difficult to spot for soldiers if you're not actively scanning specific areas or if you don't know what you're looking for.

I think the ACU works extraordinarily well.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I play paintball with some friends and we all use the ACU camo and it works perfectly in the woods. It works realy well in wooded areas too. Given that we dont fight against professional soldiers. But the uniform is really hard to spot at least for me.

I'm thanksfull that the other guys we play with dont have camo uniforms... we win almost every time in scenarion games cause they have a hard time finding us through all the woods. I'll post a video some time to show ya.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You might want to take a look of Roggenwolf's digital camouflage patterns:
www.roggenwolf.com

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Wow you can barely see the guy on the left in the second photo.

[edit on 21-6-2007 by Texxx]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
From those three I would chose Multicam. I currently use Tiger Stripe or Urban Tiger Stripe, or Solid Black.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I prefer BDU. That and the land surrounding Reno is all green and thick. Especially over the border in the People's Republic of California. I have had nothing but success when training with it. And if you keep it from fading you have better chances of being spotted.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow, the Multicam works great in that scenario.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Not one of those three shown, but Brittish DPM is amazing in woodland.

I had some on for my media project, and there was one shot where the camera is a good sitance from me to do a long pull back shot...but my friend couldn't see me. I had to take my helmet off and jump... the camoflague hid me too well

I also used it to play a prank on him..I ran off and sat in a bush right next to a path...he should have seen me easily but walked right passed.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good day,

Great topic on camouflage. It's nice to see that you found photos where there were different models of camo being used in the exercise.

The Canadian Forces developed a digital camo pattern and designated it CADPAT.

Here is the link to the cloth the soldier program for the Canadian Forces.

Clothe the soldier program

I apologize if the link doesn't work because it's been a long time since I've been on the boards.

Thank you for time.

Arcticnull

[edit on 2/20/0909 by Arcticnull]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
multicam straight up disappears in any king of break-up cover.

Fading will help you blend in in daylight, but under NVG sticks out like a sore thumb.

Use that sportsmans's soap that kills UV reflectivity to wash your cammies.

top topics

join