It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baggy Pants ban!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.katc.com...

Monday night, Delcambre's town council voted to outlaw sagging pants that expose underwear. Men and women found in violation could be fined up to $500, or be sentenced to up to 6 months in jail.

The law goes into effect when the mayor signs the ordinance - which could be sometime this month.

Hopefully this is something that catches on nation-wide! It's called underwear for a reason!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That is retarded, How can you enforce such a law like this?

I think its the persons own decision to decide how far to pull up there pants :bnghd:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mods...need a little help in the above post!

For some reason I can't edit it on my own? Thanks

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
That is retarded, How can you enforce such a law like this?

I think its the persons own decision to decide how far to pull up there pants :bnghd:

It is awesome! How do you enforce it? Easy! A cop sees you with your pants down, he issues a ticket, and we'll see you in court, or you pay the fine! Much like a traffic violation!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's been tried in some locales, without much success.

I have to admit that if you have a population so stupid and uncivilized that they don't know it's wrong to walk around with your pants below your butt, then it's really too late for that population. If even basic decency is over the heads of a significant percentage of the populace, law enforcement won't work.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I would personally like for this law to catch on in most places. There is no need to wear pants below your waste, otherwise, why even bother putting them on in the first place. If you "need" to low ride, buy longer pants.

One of my friends told me how this fad started and if I can find out whether or not he was telling the truth, I will come back and tell everyone. I think it may suprise most of the people following this "trend".

[Edit just because I felt I needed to]

[edit on 12/6/07 by secret titan]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There was actually a article I was reading the other day that dealt with this very topic. As quoted from Judge Mathis of the "Judge Mathis "show.

This fashion actually transitioned from prison culture. In prison you aren't allowed to wear belts to prevent self hanging or the hanging of others.

I was unaware that saggin' also has sexual connotations in prison. The inmates who pulled their pants down the lowest and showed their behind a little more raw, that was considered an invitation to other men.

I sag sometimes too but it's normally just around the house.

apc

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Pants in prison are elastic...

But that second part is accurate. Inmates who sag are advertising their availability... it means "Open for Business".

I say pay some rappers to wear bullseye boxers in their videos. That should set a productive trend.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by apc]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think if you're a fat plumber with butt crack showing you should be exempt from this law, but all others should receive a tasering from police.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
...all others should receive a tasering from police.

I think that's an excellent idea. In fact, it should be legal for anyone to taser anyone who's trousers sag below his butt.

Fat plumbers, excluded, of course.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ugg, don't ban them, then they'll just switch to something thats easier to run away from the cops in.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't know...I really don't care for the check-out-my-underwear style, but making it illegal? Seems a little too intrusive..

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
...but making it illegal? Seems a little too intrusive..

That's why I like the taser idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The government, and the police who subsequently are the enforcement arm of them
have no place telling a person how they can and can not dress.

Today it's baggy pants, tomorrow its women wearing pants.

Personally I don't participate in this style, I may wear baggy pants, but I wear a belt
(I have a thing about being naked in any form), however if a cop got on my case about it,
well he'd end up in the hospital.

apc

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
hahahahahaha whatever you say iori

I've seen saggers with belts... as if you couldn't get any dumber than sagging...

I love watching them run to get on the bus. They look like little ghetto penguins.

This is being proposed as an indecent exposure criteria, yes? I don't see how that will fly. Unless the genitals or bare buttocks are shown, as far as men are concerned, it's not indecent exposure.

Nope... it'll get shot down or overturned later.

Now what would be a good idea is to encourage shops and restaurants to deny business to saggers. Sure they'll pull their pants right back down as soon as they walk out... but we do need something to laugh at these days, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Screw this law. What bs. First of all, I like baggy pants. Second of all, I sag a little bit WITH a belt. The belt controls how much they sag, I sag them just a little, not to expose my underwear (which is usually part exposed even if you don't sag your pants) but to make them a bit even more baggier. To me, tight pants that take the shape of your legs are hella stupid looking, and definetley far from my style. And I don't sag that much.

Also,,6 months in the pen for sagging your pants? WTF!?!?!??!?!? So a guy sags his pants, then ends up in a cage, worse then hell, seperated from humanity with his soul broken, and his body, too, by inmates who will beat, rape, and might even kill them. Oh man, the system is going wack. Instead of giving the proper treatment to real threats to society, they try to lock up normal people.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
The government, and the police who subsequently are the enforcement arm of them
have no place telling a person how they can and can not dress.

Today it's baggy pants, tomorrow its women wearing pants.

Personally I don't participate in this style, I may wear baggy pants, but I wear a belt
(I have a thing about being naked in any form), however if a cop got on my case about it,
well he'd end up in the hospital.

I think this is an excellent idea. Stop the stupid kids from practically exposing themselves. We're supposedly the greatest country on earth, lets start acting like it, huh kids? and iori_komei, your comment on putting a police officer in the hospital? hahahahahaah. im sorry, but I find it hilarious that you think you could put an armed officer of the law in hospital. even unarmed, they are fully trained, I'm sorry, but i'd love to see you get a beat down from an enforcer of the law. Nothing personal, just i dont like bloated, ridiculous statements.

top topics

join