It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIcrosoft Excel Help needed, please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can help me with a little Excel problem I have.

I've got 2 columns of data on a spreadsheet - one is dates, and the one beside it is sales.

I need 2 functions.

One is to total the sales within a given time period e.g. 1st January - 31st January

The second is to count the number of days within that given range that there were sales e.g. 5 days between 1st and 31st of January.

If you need any more info, please U2U me and I can mail or IM you a sample copy of the spreadsheet I'm trying to create.

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards,
FLC

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So are you doing multiple months on one worksheet or the whole year on one page?

The first formula is easy. Its pretty much a sum of a set range of cells.

The next one is gonna be a bit tougher with the info provided. If you could email it to me, i can take a look and see what i can do. Or there might be a more savvy Excel guru here that can whip it out in no time.

Either one of the links down below here will work, or send it to [email protected] and i will whip something up for ya and shoot it back to ya.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
thanks for the reply. I've mailed a sample of what I need to you. I don't imagine it's a particularly hard problem, but I#m so rusty with excel lol

thanks again

flc

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Check your inbox man.

Check sheet 2 of the spread sheet I just returned to you. I made a monthly setup kinda. Do with it what you will.

The totals will be a sum. The formulas for the totals cell will look like =SUM(B2:B31) Where the squares will be whatever starting cell and ending cell you want.

The amount of days will be a count. =COUNT(B2:B31) Same goes for this one. It will add up which cells actually have data in them.

Hope this helped some. The colon is from cell 2 to 31. if you need to add more cells to it that are not inline with the rest, use a comma and then the cell number. Like =SUM(B2:B31,B33,B42)

Hope this helps ya some(SUM) lol.

Now since you said you have multiple people data, i would also suggest a new worksheet page per month that way you can go across the page with users in the similar fashion of months on sheet 2. BTW its coming from my gmail account. Girlfriends SBC wont let me route outgoing mail from my domain outlook.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hi Doug, thank you very much for your time and help.

kind regards
FLC

new topics

top topics

join