It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should ET's make contact?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Homework??

There is nothing but speculation out there ! Where is the concrete proof?

I have books and more books on Ufology but none say anything about a definitive meeting between them and Us.

Do not get me wrong on this i would like nothing more for a definitive answer but as yet there is none !

git

Well, there is evidences, available to the public. If you think that's not enough, you can get your proof somewhere hidden deep black in Unacknowledged Special Access Project, contact SAIC/Skunkwork or any military department, and ask for you proofs.

I am convince, with what I have researched, that we are been visited. There is just too much out there now. It all depends on how much you need. That and personal experiences have to do with this whole subject.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
To keep us in quarantine, making sure we don't bring this warlike attitude to other planets, they are acting as peace keepers.

You interpret my words mistakenly.

They are not here to take over.
They want to make sure we don't bring this warlike attitude outside in space, and threaten our species. And I totally agree with that.
And we are too stupid to stop this war attitude, then We deserve to be wiped off the surface of this planet, before we start hurting other species.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

ET will not make public contact until we are united as one people.

That would seem to be an illogical act for a race that (according to such beliefs) decries war. With THAT criteria, they'd be CREATING the very wars they allegedly detest so much... Hardly seems like the actions of a benign and beneficial race... Not buying it...

As to "some of the most loving beings" comment... Perhaps a little TOO loving...if you call anal probing "loving"... Sure, that sounds tongue-in-cheek, but if you accept the warm, fuzzy alien theory, then you're choosing to dismiss several well-supported abduction cases out of hand, just because they don't fit your belief structure.

I don't pretend to know the agenda, but I do know I'm not approving of the methods....and the secrecy.

If they REALLY wanted to unite us, there'd be no better way than to reveal themselves. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Gazrok, we had this discussion before I think.

The changes have to come from within, not from outside.
We have to welcome these changes amongts us, before they will attempt a first contact.
There has to be minimum amount of poeple willing to make changes.
If changes are forced upon us, they will only last so long, before we fall into our old methods. It's our planet, it's our decision to take the step or not.

My 2 cents.
ETD

PS. ET couldn't care less about your orifices. You are better off check the MIC for that. Cause this type of attitude is definitively earthly, not from space visitors.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by ETDisclosure]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
All the other races ...
They are offering their help to us just to survive ourselves, but our leading governments keep them away by blackmail and physical attack ...

The the lowly humans are able to blackmail the ETs. Just how are humans accomplishing that?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If changes are forced upon us, they will only last so long, before we fall into our old methods

What is your basis for this? (logically, aside from alleged alien encounters)

History has PROVEN just the opposite. Forced changes do not only last so long. They are permanent. Do most Native Americans still leave in teepees? Do the Maori wear blue jeans? Do we still use horses to travel from home to work?

Beings that have the power to end wars, but who stand idly by why people die of war, famine, ethnic cleansing, etc. are not beings worthy of my respect. You can call me "unenlightened" if you like, but I will not revere or respect such beings or their idea of us not being "good enough".

They can end a large portion of these problems with a simple personal appearance and introduction of interstellar travel. Wars happen when we contest for resources. With interstellar travel, resources are nearly limitless, and the impetus for such conflict is removed.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
well if there is aliens visiting us theyre not trying to communicate with the masses thats for sure.

if theyre waiting for us to all live in harmony they will be waiting thousands of years. So i say screw em and stick all our money into SETI- at least if we are detected from light years away they wont have too much detail on us to put them off- someone might try to signal us as long as they dont know too much

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Like the fallen angels of the Bible, why don't they make them selves known? Why awful experiences with Contactees? If they don't do a war of the worlds on us they will definitely combine within like a parasite, that is also know as Satanic and demonic influence and inbreeding like the times of Noah with angels. There is too much Angelic revelations through scriptures that combine with modern ET agenda's of in breeding and their usual lets hide from man scenario pretend they don't exist. If the species of Alien evolved to hide in their jungles across a planet light years away or within the earth then their instincts are to hide and conquer upon their prey, unless that’s seperated some how. But if say 50 different species are known or have been here is that 50 good ones all in one go? Or are you bound to find a few rouge destroyers?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

What is your basis for this? (logically, aside from alleged alien encounters)

History has PROVEN just the opposite. Forced changes do not only last so long. They are permanent. Do most Native Americans still leave in teepees? Do the Maori wear blue jeans? Do we still use horses to travel from home to work?

Beings that have the power to end wars, but who stand idly by why people die of war, famine, ethnic cleansing, etc. are not beings worthy of my respect. You can call me "unenlightened" if you like, but I will not revere or respect such beings or their idea of us not being "good enough".

They can end a large portion of these problems with a simple personal appearance and introduction of interstellar travel. Wars happen when we contest for resources. With interstellar travel, resources are nearly limitless, and the impetus for such conflict is removed.

The source of conflict is when you attempt to force something upon someone. But again, from the way you are talking I would bet that you have that US invading mentality, you are a US citizen? So I understand your reaction.
It's just wrong to impose your ideas on someone, plainly unethical.

With interstellar travel, humans will go and start doing crap on other planet.
That's totally out of question. Grow up, then we can talk about going outside this planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Also to add that what if they are at war and cloaked from each other so that we don't see them and they don't see each other only for us to be in the middle of a new battle because this side of the Galaxy has not caught up and the excuse that we are a hostage station for the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure
But again, from the way you are talking I would bet that you have that US invading mentality, you are a US citizen? So I understand your reaction.
It's just wrong to impose your ideas on someone, plainly unethical.

Also to add that what if they are at war and cloaked from each other so that we don't see them and they don't see each other only for us to be in the middle of a new battle because this side of the Galaxy has not caught up

So you are saying the poster has an invading (war) mentality but also that the ETs are fighting with each other. So the ETs are not too cool either?

Why do the ETs have to force anything on us. They could offer things or help to the human race. They should be aware enough to not just ask a couple of world leaders, they could the common man also. If Ets are so great why are they being given thought processes like humans?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ETs might force things on each other like some evolutionary step to outwit each other, that's what life has been about, but again spiritually that also happens so the next step might not be carnal but spiritually to reach a higher step. Example in Noah's day the fallen angels tried to breed with man so that the saviour known as the Christ would have this Angelic bloodline and God stopped that. So in the same light maybe species even invisible or other dimensions may use 'US PEOPLE' to go up the ladder.
So we may not even know that we are in a prison state of mind like the Bible and many religions try and stress out that we are held captive from the truth, that people know but can not reach.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We don't all have to KNOW it every time the alien races contribute to something somebody does in his profession in order for it to help effect changes for the better.

Anyway, the alien races are offering our leading governments their assistance, and the leading governments are refusing. Instead, the governments do all they can to force the alien races into hiding, and create confusion between what the aliens are really like and what the common people will believe they are like. So the races go to individual humans, but few, yet, are willing or able to work with alien life. And those who do are converged upon with government control.

If the alien races could just take over and run things on Earth themselves, we wouldn't be so deep into this mess already. But they can't, because this is our own world and race, and our own process of evolution.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We will never see any ET's. Why would they take the chance?
Look at us from the outside in, we are a mess. Wars, crime the list is so long.

We dont even like our fellow humans who are "alien". That alone is enough proof for them not to make contact. If they did who knows what we would do to them and they will not take that chance.

And if they do make contact run for the hills because that means they can defend themselves very well and will be on a mission to conquer. Why else would they show there face on such a hostile planet? And im sure we will go to war with them because that is what we have always done, fight.

Maybe because they want an excuse to go to war with us.....*insert Gods of Eden here*

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why is everyone convinced Aliens are nice and God does not exist and he is bad these days? Seems very Biblical in what the followers of Christ were warning as currupt teachings and modes of thought, and the trap people get into. In this day and age I am not sure if its a sign of the times or not but it seems that way. As a believer I wonder if it's not the aliens seeking worship.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The time lord

Why is everyone convinced Aliens are nice and God does not exist and he is bad these days?

It's not everyone- some know both.

Why not alien races AND God? All the races believe in God and in alien life, lol. All the advanced know each other and work together already. Around here, it's only us who live in a bubble.

Religion is not God, and we humans are the only ones with these unique dogmatic beliefs, both in God and in alien life.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Im sure ET is smart enough to also know the risks of contact. You have to take in account for all the virus's, diseases and whatever else they and us have.
For example the american indians were decimated by alien contact and they were all from the same planet. I cant imagine ET diseases.

What would we do if a scouting group of ET's did land for contact, we would immediatly capture and quarintine. Probably keep them and study them and who knows what else. It wouldnt be all peaceful like you would want it to be. Im not saying you as an indiviual would do that, its just the nature of men as a whole.

The only way they would make contact is probably through an individual earthling. Maybe some of the alien abductions are very true.

I would meet them if they promised not to probe me.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Im sure ET is smart enough to also know the risks of contact. You have to take in account for all the virus's, diseases and whatever else they and us have.
For example the american indians were decimated by alien contact and they were all from the same planet. I cant imagine ET diseases.

What would we do if a scouting group of ET's did land for contact, we would immediatly capture and quarintine. Probably keep them and study them and who knows what else. It wouldnt be all peaceful like you would want it to be. Im not saying you as an indiviual would do that, its just the nature of men as a whole.

The only way they would make contact is probably through an individual earthling. Maybe some of the alien abductions are very true.

I would meet them if they promised not to probe me.

I'm afraid that what you are saying is true. But I think that we are in a turning time, and things are changing. There is one of the G8 countries that is working closely with Steven Greer that are going to attempt a contact for landing this summer. So I think there is a change in consciousness and people want things to change.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
... only 10 percent of our brain.

True, I believe. But then, I used to believe a lot that now turns out to be a lie Maybe this is a lie that we only use 10% or maybe the lie is that we don't - who to believe any more? - en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19-2-2010 by RWSCTNUK]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

We will never see any ET's. Why would they take the chance?
Look at us from the outside in, we are a mess. Wars, crime the list is so long.

We dont even like our fellow humans who are "alien". That alone is enough proof for them not to make contact. If they did who knows what we would do to them and they will not take that chance.

And if they do make contact run for the hills because that means they can defend themselves very well and will be on a mission to conquer. Why else would they show there face on such a hostile planet? And im sure we will go to war with them because that is what we have always done, fight.

It is not really in their interest from what I have been told. It is that it is in our interest. We are in desperate need of assistance. We are ravaging our world, seeking to annihilate each other, and we are suffering from so many genetic and pathogenic disorders or diseases.

We might not even have a future in the next fifty years at the rate we are going.

People are free to think for themselves on this subject, but I think we should fundamentally accept the premise that unless something happens, we will doomed species in the near future.

So it should be in our interest to contact extraterrestrials.

Knowing this, we must wonder why isn't it so or is it so that we are trying to contact them. We are already launch the voyagers which have information in regards to us, we have SETI which has been trying to locate them, and we've been sending out hundreds of thousands of radio transmissions deep into space.

Problem is, radio transmissions don't stay in their original form for very long, they end up sounding no different than static the longer they continue to fan out, SETI is questionable on their intentions of finding extraterrestrials, and Voyager is going to take hundreds of years to reach the closest stars. So none of these tactics are truly going to help us achieve contact any sooner.

We should take a more aggressive approach. Just start sending out signals at every single direction we could possibly consider. If there are aliens near our world, we will know. If there aren't, we will know.

Now I bet you are asking, has this approach ever been considered and why hasn't it? Well some people have a legitimate point, what if we accidentally contact the wrong aliens. But my question in response is, "How are you so sure there are any wrong aliens at all, if you are sure there are no aliens near the proximity of our solar system or planet for that matter? Or at least none advance enough to communicate back to us?"

So what is the problem? Is there is a lack of enthusiasm in trying this approach. Why don't we try it? It certainly couldn't hurt if there is nothing there at all.

[edited]

And if you don't really accept this information then I am truly sorry for taking up your time.

As for anyone else who may become a bit fanatical about it, well tough luck.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Dranigus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join