It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should ET's make contact?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Personally how I take it is, if there are aliens, why would they be more advanced then us? And even if they are more advanced then us, like the movies say, why would they honestly be interested in us? We're nothing special, just a race of, according to them, primitive beings who will end up killing each other off.

Just think of it this way, what evidence do we have that shows they don't have the same social problems, and civil wars (as in species)?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   
That's the problem, we don't know anything about them.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Which was what I was getting at. I don't think we need to worry about an invasion, because even if they did have the technology, they would be creating more problems for themselves. And that's never fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You know how people are with outatowners. We don't have any sugar to borrow yet. They keep a low profile because Earth people still beat their wives and kids in their front yards and driveways now, it's sad. If you've ever had bad thug nasty nasty thug neighbours, it's not like you try to attract attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
here we go again....

They'll make contact so they can drop in, point a green finger/claw and laugh at the mess they made.

"Hahahaha, we screwed with your ancestors genome, and now you're riddled with disease, inherant mental instability, and crappy eyesight. We also gave you big brains but left the bloodthirsty primate in there for kicks... EEk-Opp-Ork, ... we're out (for a few thousand years). Later looooooooosers (zips away in mothership)".

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Huh? Are we on the same channel dude? I am not alien but if you don't mind the quasar over there is a lot more interesting than you.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
All the other races in our area are long already allied with one another, sharing knowledge and abilities to help each other advance. They are offering their help to us just to survive ourselves, but our leading governments keep them away by blackmail and physical attack, not only of the aliens but to the humans on Earth who work with them.

The public information pool is being kept flooded by Earth powers with slander and framing of crimes so that humans who witness the alien races will not trust them, and others who hear about will not believe it at all, or believe that the alien races are sinister monsters. Evidence of alien life is hidden and disguised under our noses and in our minds.

None of the 218 races visiting Earth has any intention of harming us. If they did, we'd be toast by now. A few races were taking advantage of some humans because they needed things from us and there was nobody to ask, and nobody to stop them. These races have been corrected by the organization of visiting races, and some were dismissed permanently from visiting Earth.

We do not need protection from the alien races- we need protection from our own leading governments. The only "disclosure" that is allowed is that which further serves the cause of Earth powers, and the alien races are only a threat to the way our world and race is being run into oblivion.

I know the alien races myself and they all work together here now. I speak strictly from my own extensive experience and knowledge.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Oh, no. Not another of those "we're so evil, aliens would never want to contact us" posts.

I don't believe it's got anything to do with "evil". I think it's a matter of maturity.

Would you let a 12 year old drive on the interstate?

With all the "technology" (we can watch television in HD, run computers at 3 ghz, and launch solar system probes/explorers) mankind is still universally primitive. We are still a very emotional and un-reasonable species. Half the world still doesn't believe in other intelligent life in the universe. We still communicate in multiple languages. We wage wars over territory and religious differences.

Just because you give someone the keys to the car doesn't mean they know how, where and why to drive it.

We've got a long way to go before we're accepted as an intelligent species. Intelligence isn't just knowledge. We discovered how to split an atom. Why? To win a war - not to produce a new and improved method of energy (though it was a by-product).

With all the civilazations on planet Earth, we still have yet to learn to be civilized.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ioska
Personally how I take it is, if there are aliens, why would they be more advanced then us? And even if they are more advanced then us, like the movies say, why would they honestly be interested in us? We're nothing special, just a race of, according to them, primitive beings who will end up killing each other off.

Just think of it this way, what evidence do we have that shows they don't have the same social problems, and civil wars (as in species)?

If they are as advanced as us, we'll know about them long before they ever arrive. The first contact will more than likely be radio signals or such methods sent out on explorers, just as we have done.

If they have not yet developed past the maturity of our own species, more than likely they do have wars and disease and the like.

The assumption of another species being far more advanced comes from the idea that if a species can develope advanced enough technology to travel the universe, more than likely they've been around for quite some time and resolved (peacefully or non-peacefully) their differences on their planet.

Who knows how they've managed this. It could have all happened exactly as things seem to be progressing on this planet. Maybe there was a shadow government at one time that eliminated all threats and terrors and unwanteds on their world in order to acheive peace and harmony and advanced their species to one likeness that would not question their authority and orders.

God help us if that's how they came to be a universe exploring species.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

In other words take over our planet. That would be the only way to control us.
That sounds like what gbush is doing. Very familiar.

Why are you quoting me when I said it wasn't to take over our planet, and then say this? Not making any sense.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why should ET's make contact?

Same reason we would if we were in their shoes (or ships)...curiousity and confirmation that we're not alone in the Universe. Of course, they may already KNOW that...but still, going strictly from human instinct (our only basis of comparison), simple curiousity would suffice.

We will never see any ET's. Why would they take the chance?
Look at us from the outside in, we are a mess. Wars, crime the list is so long.

What "chance"? Assuming they have interstellar travel, one can also assume a superior technology. So our threat may be minimal at best. As for being a mess, wouldn't WE try to interfere and assist if we were in their shoes? I'd like to think we would.

We dont even like our fellow humans who are "alien". That alone is enough proof for them not to make contact. If they did who knows what we would do to them and they will not take that chance.

They "may" not take that chance, but difficult to say they won't...especially as if stating a fact. If they are here, they are explorers of some degree...and with that (again, going only on our motivations), comes a certain degree of risk-taking already....

And if they do make contact run for the hills because that means they can defend themselves very well and will be on a mission to conquer. Why else would they show there face on such a hostile planet? And im sure we will go to war with them because that is what we have always done, fight.

Assuming we've been visited for some time, conquest doesn't seem to be the agenda... Overall, Earth is more peaceful than it's ever been, on the whole.... Sure, there are hotspots, but not near as many as in the past. For centuries, the world was in constant warfare...all over the globe. We aren't now...only in a relatively few places. If they came down with advances, solutions to problems, etc., I doubt we'd war with them. Humans war for one reason and one reason only....contesting resources. Sure, you can say it's for religion, ideals, etc., but in reality, it's always about resources. If this contest is taken out of the mix, it stands to reason war will become somewhat obsolete.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister
All the other races in our area are long already allied with one another, sharing knowledge and abilities to help each other advance. They are offering their help to us just to survive ourselves, but our leading governments keep them away by blackmail and physical attack, not only of the aliens but to the humans on Earth who work with them.

The public information pool is being kept flooded by Earth powers with slander and framing of crimes so that humans who witness the alien races will not trust them, and others who hear about will not believe it at all, or believe that the alien races are sinister monsters. Evidence of alien life is hidden and disguised under our noses and in our minds.

None of the 218 races visiting Earth has any intention of harming us. If they did, we'd be toast by now. A few races were taking advantage of some humans because they needed things from us and there was nobody to ask, and nobody to stop them. These races have been corrected by the organization of visiting races, and some were dismissed permanently from visiting Earth.

We do not need protection from the alien races- we need protection from our own leading governments. The only "disclosure" that is allowed is that which further serves the cause of Earth powers, and the alien races are only a threat to the way our world and race is being run into oblivion.

I know the alien races myself and they all work together here now. I speak strictly from my own extensive experience and knowledge.

What she writes here is FACT, they are some of the most 'loving beings' you will EVER meet.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe the space guys find humans entertaining and fun to watch just like humans like to go to the monkey house at the zoo and watch all the chimps, gibbons, monkeys, great apes and orangs. They're funny!!

I know I find human antics very entertaining and interesting. But I'm not from outer space, just next door.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Not dissing anyone here but ,

How n the hell can anyone come on here saying that the moonmen space aliens or whathave yer are here already and are nice ? and , want to pop in for a spot of tiffin ???

Were is the proof of this?? How does anyone know anything about what is out there ?? it IS all speculation!! Great ideals but no proof !!

IF and its a huge if, any being from the ether, dropped in to say HI (it would have to be in the US of course) the poor souls would be shot on sight and all the questions would be asked after, as per usual.

Wonder how many times that may of happened already?? and now none of them want to come near for fear of being branded a demon or a heretic , hmmm sounds like the dark ages a little " burn them" "nail em up" or is it , cut em open and see how they tick??

Sorry i would emplore any other being to stay away! ..... for now !

sorry if this offends as no offence is intended

[edit on 12-6-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Not dissing anyone here but ,
How n the hell can anyone come on here saying that the moonmen are here already and are nice , and , want to pop in for a spot of tiffin ???
Were is the proof of this?? How does anyone know anything about what is out there ?? it IS all speculation!! Great ideals but no proof !!
IF and its a huge if, any being from the ether, dropped in to say HI (it would have to be in the US of course) the poor souls would be shot on sight and all the questions would be asked after, as per usual.

When they land, I doubt it will be in the US. If you need more proof, do like us, and do your homework.
There is a large body of evidence it happened and is still happening.
They landed and met with US officials to ask us to stop using the Nuclear Bomb. US refused to comply.
So, yeah, if they land, it's going to be somewhere they feel welcome, and that's not in US or Canada.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by ETDisclosure]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Homework??

There is nothing but speculation out there ! Where is the concrete proof?

I have books and more books on Ufology but none say anything about a definitive meeting between them and Us.

Do not get me wrong on this i would like nothing more for a definitive answer but as yet there is none !

git

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
Homework??

There is nothing but speculation out there ! Where is the concrete proof?

I have books and more books on Ufology but none say anything about a definitive meeting between them and Us.

Do not get me wrong on this i would like nothing more for a definitive answer but as yet there is none !

git

You see, I kinda agree with him. I want to belive something is out there, but there is no way you can explain to us, because all you can use is your word. Some people like thing to be proven to them, and in this case, I would like proof of our "older brothers" and other races watching over us.

It deffinitly would be cool, but we havn't experinced things, so it's kinda hard for us to belive you.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Ioska]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

Why are you quoting me when I said it wasn't to take over our planet, and then say this? Not making any sense.

Because you said..

To keep us in quarantine, making sure we don't bring this warlike attitude to other planets, they are acting as peace keepers.

If that isnt taking over someone what is?

When they land, I doubt it will be in the US. If you need more proof, do like us, and do your homework.
There is a large body of evidence it happened and is still happening.
They landed and met with US officials to ask us to stop using the Nuclear Bomb. US refused to comply.
So, yeah, if they land, it's going to be somewhere they feel welcome, and that's not in US or Canada.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by ETDisclosure]

And give me a link or something, I am very interested in this evidence.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ET will not make public contact until we are united as one people. That is one of the reasons why the USA is on its quest of world control. The US believes that it has the God-given right to represent everyone on the planet and is going to do whatever it takes and to hell with the more civilised members of humanity. That all the benefits from ET contact will be kept for the industro-military oligarchy to grow fatter, more evil and more corrupt is considered to be a bonus.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Earth2 I am sorry for calling you ignorant, its just that there have been allot of people saying that we will never see alien contact and blah blah blah…but I have to hand it to you this is a good thread you have. And you are right we are a warring nation as a whole but I still feel like even in the hate there is still love and emotion of good, I for one feel that since there have been countless video tapes, and some people telling us stores of seeing ufos and abductions I myself feel that that is a little spec of proof that aliens are visiting our planet ( but if it is the case of government technology without the aid of ET’s then yea we are screwed) the day we make public contact is going to be the happiest day of mylife as long as it is peaceful…lol

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by ATSGUY
your so ignorent

You meant to say, "You're so ignorant," but since you did not, that part of your post is self-contradictory. Nevertheless, why do you feel compelled to call names? Do you really consider yourself that superior? I think we can talk about this and have opposing views about it without the need for doing that. Savvy?

[edit on 6/11/2007 by schuyler]

schuyer, thank you for correcting my error, I will not call people ignorant or other names anymore. and no I did not realize I made that mistake you see because I am human, and let me tell you us humans are full of raging emotions and what not…I mean look at the world, there are racist people, people that hate fat people, people that even hate themselves and call themselves names. I did feel compelled to call Earth2 ignorant because of my emotional status toward him when I first read his post, I felt that he did not want to see or believe in aliens and thought that they would never come to help us…so I called that ignorance. And no I do not feel superior, how does that make me feel superior to call someone ignorant. Do you feel superior because you corrected me, do you feel superior to the other members of ATS that may or may not call people names in their posts. I suggest u keep the “superior talk” to youself because you cant change being human and being spontaneous in emotions is all about being human…so unless you think you can control yourself and are superior because of that then go ahead and be superior.

Right now we don’t know diddly squat about if ufos or aliens are real or not real, so unless you do do not come to conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join