It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should ET's make contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We will never see any ET's. Why would they take the chance?
Look at us from the outside in, we are a mess. Wars, crime the list is so long.

We dont even like our fellow humans who are "alien". That alone is enough proof for them not to make contact. If they did who knows what we would do to them and they will not take that chance.

And if they do make contact run for the hills because that means they can defend themselves very well and will be on a mission to conquer. Why else would they show there face on such a hostile planet? And im sure we will go to war with them because that is what we have always done, fight.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To assist us in our difficulties.
To continue exploring the universe, cataloging species.
To keep us in quarantine, making sure we don't bring this warlike attitude to other planets, they are acting as peace keepers.

On the other hand, I don't believe they are here to take over, eat us or do other nasty things like that. This is all the work of people on the planet.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
your so ignorent about your own people, maybe it doesnt come to you that some people need help, not everyone is bad. Ask yourself this if you saw a planet that had their people killing each other in wars, genocides, hunger, and just so some powerful people can live happily what would you do just sit around or help. Who knows maybe we have a high purpose, maybe there is a force field around the planet that is not letting us unleash our potential, or maybe we have to wait for the certain time.

I for one hope that they come.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure
To assist us in our difficulties.
To continue exploring the universe, cataloging species.
To keep us in quarantine, making sure we don't bring this warlike attitude to other planets, they are acting as peace keepers.

On the other hand, I don't believe they are here to take over, eat us or do other nasty things like that. This is all the work of people on the planet.

In other words take over our planet. That would be the only way to control us.
That sounds like what gbush is doing. Very familiar.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To learn more about us...

To help us mend our ways...

To enlighten us regarding their existence...

To protect us from ourselves...

To let us know we are not alone...

To give us hope...

To warn us of an impending calamity...

To conquer us or take our resources...

To remove us to safety...

To catalyze our evolution...

To provide them sustenance...

To figure out what went wrong...

To collect sample life-forms...

To provide them amusement...

To annihilate us...

To expand our consciousness...

To make us humble...

To warn us...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
your so ignorent about your own people, maybe it doesnt come to you that some people need help, not everyone is bad. Ask yourself this if you saw a planet that had their people killing each other in wars, genocides, hunger, and just so some powerful people can live happily what would you do just sit around or help. Who knows maybe we have a high purpose, maybe there is a force field around the planet that is not letting us unleash our potential, or maybe we have to wait for the certain time.

I for one hope that they come.

I know there are a lot of good people. But look from a different perspective. As a whole we are very much destructve. If I was a ET I would be a little scared to show myself. If I did it would be very much undercover.

Ps dont call me ignorant, Im just trying to think outside the box

[edit on 11-6-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
We will never see any ET's. Why would they take the chance?
Look at us from the outside in, we are a mess. Wars, crime the list is so long.

Oh, no. Not another of those "we're so evil, aliens would never want to contact us" posts.

Look, I'm sorry you feel that the rest of us poor humans are so evil and thuggish. Maybe you're superior to the rest of us. Or maybe you have a lot of self-loathing.

Either way, I suggest that any alien with any gumption probably didn't evolve and eventually develop spaceflight because everything was so wonderful and jolly on their home planet. They did it because they had to. If everything there was hunky-dory, then they wouldn't have much a need to do anything, would they? Sharks have it easy on Earth, and as a result haven't evolved much in 200 million years.

No, I would suggest that if there are intelligent aliens floating around out there, they grew up tough, like we did. And rather than looking for a wonderful angelic contact to enhance our spirituality, they're looking for a square meal or some other species to exploit. The chances of them being berserkers is about the same as them being friendly angels.

So here are a few reasons why they might want to contact us. To eat us. To form an alliance with us. To make us slaves. To destroy us. To harvest the best of our DNA. To study us. Lots of reasons.

However... it might be a big mistake to attribute any human emotions or motivations to any possible alien species. They might want to kill/visit us because our brains may naturally give out a trans-dimensional signal that really pisses them off.

On the other hand, since there is no proof of any aliens interacting with us, maybe there just aren't any.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Look, I'm sorry you feel that the rest of us poor humans are so evil and thuggish. Maybe you're superior to the rest of us. Or maybe you have a lot of self-loathing.

I meant the world as a whole. Our history is filled with war. No I dont feel superior, im just curious and look at all angles. You seem set in your way of thinking.

Either way, I suggest that any alien with any gumption probably didn't evolve and eventually develop spaceflight because everything was so wonderful and jolly on their home planet. They did it because they had to. If everything there was hunky-dory, then they wouldn't have much a need to do anything, would they? Sharks have it easy on Earth, and as a result haven't evolved much in 200 million years.

Thats not true. We went to space to explore, not because we had to.
If they are here or are coming Im thinkibg they will do it very quietly.
But I could be wrong .

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
your so ignorent

You meant to say, "You're so ignorant," but since you did not, that part of your post is self-contradictory. Nevertheless, why do you feel compelled to call names? Do you really consider yourself that superior? I think we can talk about this and have opposing views about it without the need for doing that. Savvy?

[edit on 6/11/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Calling people "Ignorent" is not cool here on ATS- neither is the word "Ignorant", so please refrain.

ET's IMO, are looking out for themselves. They know that we self destroy periodically and they know the time is near. I think we are descendants of them so they are probably looking around to see how they can preserve some genes, etc. They will not show themselves, i dont think, after all, would we walk up to an ant hill and ask "Take me to your leader" or try to talk to them?

They see us as a bunch of losers
I dont get why they would be interested in a gene pool that is obviously bad.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Thats not true. We went to space to explore, not because we had to.
If they are here or are coming Im thinkibg they will do it very quietly.
But I could be wrong .

We went into space because the United States and the Soviet Union were at each other's throats and we were trying to see who could win the high ground, socially and physically. Fortunately, we had some rockets built by the Nazis originally designed to terror bomb civilian populations during a war that allowed us to push into space. It would be nice if our goals for going to space were so wonderful and lofty, but that's not the real story.

In any event, I don't bemoan the fact that humanity is tough and sometimes cruel. That's how we survived. And it's neither good nor evil. It's just the way it turned out.

So if some snotty aliens think they're too good to hang out with us, that's their loss.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

....It would be nice if our goals for going to space were so wonderful and lofty, but that's not the real story.

But thats exactly what they are doing right now, wonderful and lofty goals. Look at what is going on NASA tv right now. Russian and america. And check out this new thread The ISS, Not just for NASA Anymore

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They look after you now and you don't even know it...
they are choosey about contact...cuz we are so arrogant and small minded...
too practice you might look into the alien interview footage...it is legit...
the night vision shots of the "greys" as well...
they are the kindest of the kind and the cruelest of the cruel...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bocephus
too practice you might look into the alien interview footage...it is legit...

Oh really? i thought that was debunked.

I don't believe that all aliens are nice, i believe there are groups. I don't believe that all the aliens want to follow the rules, you have to understand that maybe there are groups that want to contact us, and others that would rather just study us... or abduct us. There are also the others that might rather just stay out of our business.

Id like to see contact, because so many humans are ignorant, and i feel that we are so distant yet IMO we are all supose to be brothers in sisters... (not fond of that saying...) I believe if 'they' are so advanced then us they will have alot to show us, and hopefully soon becuase i also believe we are going to put ourselves into a irriversable place.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If they landed, started helping us, some other country would get jealous, defensive or something and would eventially cause trouble.

If ET's are smart enough to make it here then im sure they would investigate us first before making contact.

First thing they would notice would be our wars and the fact that we take offense to aliens on our own planet and battle them.
What message would that send to you if you were a visitor from another world?
"Stay back guys because these folks are trouble."

I think we are still primitive and its going to be a long time before they make contact with us. Not in our lifetime.

All they do for now is observe.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here is my take.

Do they interfere or not? Well as soon as one ET helps or contacts one person on earth they have interfered, so what do they do next. Do they help a little or a lot?

Well if you see someone that is drowning and you have the experience to save the person, but just watch them drowned is this right or wrong?

Now, if you see someone that is drowning and I have the no experience to save the person and have access to a life preserver, but just watch them drowned is this right or wrong?

Maybe they don't have the intelligence nor the experience to guide us. I really don't know the answer, but I have posed a couple of questions. Excellent thread BTW.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well dark ETs have manipulated our genetics back during the times of Atlantis, and actually rewired us, I guess thats the word, to operate only on 2 stands of DNA instead of the full 12, so thus we were "dumbed down" to use only 10 percent of our brain. This was done for many purposes, on different levels, but most importantly so we experience life in limited consciousness, life in duality, life in 3D, so we can learn our lessons in soul growth.

However, this was allowed to happen for that reason, and there has always been benevolent forces of Light that have kept the dark in check, and made sure they did not take over completely. In fact, the Elite of today are actually byproducts of dark ET genetic engineering, put in power to control the planet on behalf of the "gods". This is where the "Divine Right of Kings" comes from.

But, ahh this was never intended to last forever, and we are in a period now where we will break loose our shackles and claim our sovereignty.

Behind the scenes our "space family" our relatives, cuz thats EXACTLY who they are, they are here now to assist us in the grand awakening, are working diligently to make sure that the dark cabal are kept in check, and unbenounced to the masses, actually have Earth allies who are working knowingly to hault and remove the dark cabal and their plan for world domination, aka the New World Order.

The first domino is set to fall, and when it does, it will unleash a flood gates of Truth, the wealth will be distributed evenly, and that will pave the way for the most important event in human history thus far: First Contact.

It is Divinely decreed, so there is nothing to stop it. Let me reiterate, they ARE here, theyve always been here, both light and dark ETs have been involved in our evolution, for that is what Life is about. We are our brothers keeper, from a family, community, national, global, and galactic level. All evolution is guided by elders, individually and as a species, until you get up to the One Source we call God.

So, why would ETs make contact with us? The answer is: because that is Gods plan. First contact will mark beginning of the end of life in limited consciousness, although the "end" started along time ago. We are at the end of the end, folks, we are at the end of the "end times".

2012 is right around the corner, massive astronomical alignments are taking place which will bring forth the energies needed for Ascension. Our solar system is already entering a huge photon belt of Light, which will reveal all the darkness and change this planet from a prison to a paradise. Already the energies of this belt can be felt and seen.

The second coming of Christ consciousness is underway, the graduation of humanity is right around the corner, the reunion with our extended galactic family is soon. If you cant harmonize with these words, fear not, you will understand in time. We are all awakening at our own pace, and all is in perfect Divine Order.

This universe is teeming with life, many civilizations much more older and advanced than we are. They are in effect our big brothers, and a real smart guide would let the student make his own mistakes so he can learn from them.

This is another reason why they wont come down and fix everything for us, because that would be their karma, not ours. We are the ones who have to fix whats wrong with the planet, and albeit, they are very eager to help. But they cant help if we dont ask for it, its cosmic law, and we are too ignorant to ask, hell we deny they even exist.

The time of awakening is upon us.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
awww well i like to think that they will save us and take us away before the earth self destructs . i feel that they can be nice. they could be like people..there's good and there's bad.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There is an infinite amount of life in this universe.

The forces of Light I speak of are made up of many different races of all sizes and shapes, but there are also humans, just like us.

Remember, we are not the only human form in existence. We are Earth humans. There is a long line of streams linked in to the "human" line, and they are our "big brothers", they are what we are going to be.

These beings of the Light have already been thru their darkness, their time in duality. They have made it, they "graduated" and now are free to roam the universe aiding the evolution of life. And, seeing as we are just about ready for our "graduation", they are here, in fact, theyve been here the whole time, our mythologies and other ancient texts are filled with references, I mean filled.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Time will tell.
You can pretty much rule out the war of the worlds scenario because they have been watching over us for a long long time.
Maby one day they will make official contact with the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join