It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Awful Truth...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Has anyone read this book? What do you think of it? I am not saying that I necessarily agree or disagree with this book, I just find it interesting.

Here is a link (from the author, who wants his work to be read widely) to a free download of it.

If anyone would like to read through it, I think that it would make for a great discussion here.

www.realists.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I only looked at the first chapter- Do I really need to read any more

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
instead of having us go to a link that some may or may not want to visit, how about posting what the content is? We can then decide to read further.

Thanks,

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I can hardly sum up two hundred plus pages in a paragraph or two, it is like any other book it has good points and points that I do not necessarily agree with, there.There are some interesting things inside like how the solar year can be obtained by the mathematics of the pyramid.I am about half way or so through the book.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Corsig I am in no manner suggesting that we are seeded by aliens, I think that if you keep reading you may find the book interesting, in pretty much anything that we read we have to choose what to accept and what to reject, I guess I have always had an interest in world religions,history,archaeology, etc.

It does bring a valid point up, why did we all of the sudden enter a dark age, why did so many ancient civilizations just cease existence, How did stonehenge become built, the book is interesting, keep reading,or at least go to the part that speaks about stonehenge.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It does bring a valid point up, why did we all of the sudden enter a dark age

What? A valid point? .. What "Dark Age" .. The "Dark Age" was a nickname given to the Middle Ages, and its name originates from the vast wars, famine, plagues and lack of technological advances because of these combined problems - and a lack in education.

why did so many ancient civilizations just cease existence

Kingdoms and Empires take generations to build, and one day to fall. Anyone who reads Histories of ancient civilizations would know that.

How did stonehenge become built

Most likely the clan that built it had a rather intelligent engineer at the time.. remember that the Ancient peoples are just as intelligent as you are to come about a solution to a problem, their understanding was merrily limited.. it is possible that developed a pulley system that constructed the Temple and when the clan was destroyed its secrets gone with it.

I did not read the book, it does not look like my cup of tea if you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What? A valid point? .. What "Dark Age" .. The "Dark Age" was a nickname given to the Middle Ages, and its name originates from the vast wars, famine, plagues and lack of technological advances because of these combined problems - and a lack in education.

The Kali Yuga, the Iron Age/Black Age perhaps?

Kali Yuga

The fourth, the black or Iron Age, our present period that began during the Greco-Roman epoch.

"And at that time (Kali Yuga) shall Michael (the Genie of the Sun, the Solar Christ, the Son who is like God, the Archangel whose solar energy make Solar Men, Christified Adepts, Elohim, Gods) stand up, the great prince (Chokmah, the Son of Kether) who stands (through the Venustic Initiation) for the children of thy people (the Daath-Initiates): and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some (through the Kundalini) to everlasting life, and some (through the Kundabuffer) to shame and everlasting contempt. And they (who awake their consciousness) that are wise (through Chokmah) shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they (the Bodhisattvas) that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. But thou, Oh Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end (Kali Yuga): many shall run to and fro, and knowledge (Daath-Gnosis) shall be increased." Daniel12: 1-4

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Daath-Gnosis): because thou hast rejected knowledge (Daath-Gnosis), I will also reject thee, that thou shall be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children." Hosea 4: 6

The Four main Ages or Cycles are the Satya Yuga or Krita Yuga(Golden), the Treta Yuga(Silver), the Dvapara Yuga(Copper), and the Kali Yuga(Iron).

This is recognized in many cultures, including the Khemetian and that of the Buddhist, Indus-Kush, etc.

In Western Esoterism for example, the Satya Yuga is called the "Golden Age".

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
In that case they simply produced the unfounded hypothesis that these great works were created by men using ropes, wedges,and wooden rollers, This thoery not only ignored the great technical genius of the ancients,, but their practical problems as well.For instance, the great monothic stones uses to build the astronomical calendar of Stonehenge in England weighs as much 45 tons each,yet they were dressed and accurately alligned to reflect the movement of the stars.Built bewteen 1000 and 3000 BC by ancient druids, stonehengeris no pile of rocks,it consists of a complex arrangement of monolithic stones and some 56 pits carefully placed in a series of concentric circles.Archaeologist Gerald S. Hawkins thoerized that this astronomical observatory was used as a virtual daily calendar to track the seasons and coordinate religious rituals within the time of the equinoxes.

The nearest source of the hard sandstone used in the outer circle of stonehenge is 18 miles away in Marlbourough Downs,the nearest source for the 60 blue stones used in the inner circles is the Preseli Mountains in southeast wales.The only possible route to stonehenge n the latter case would involve both land and water transportation.It is an affront to common sense for scientists to suggest that this incredible feat was accomplished using ropes.wedges, and rollers, or that the astronomical accuracy of that complexity was a serendipitous accident that occured when a primitive people created a religion in order to calm their fears.

Page 32-33

I am not saying that I believe in everything that the author states, but there are some things in there that really make me wonder.

Like anything else you keep the good and discard the bad, and come away learning something.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by brotherforchrist]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So you are suggesting that somehow the ancients knew how to float 45 ton stones Rockpuck?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Tamahu ........ thanks for my daily dose of Gnosticism..

Brotherforchrist

So you are suggesting that somehow the ancients knew how to float 45 ton stones Rockpuck?

Yes.

Since the bluestone quarry was so far away, this poses another question: How did the Beaker Folk transport them to Salisbury Plain? Scientists think they know the answer. The Beaker People first loaded the bluestones onto sledges with wooden runners on the bottom. Then they drug the sledges over a long line of rounded logs. Carried by roller and sledge across land to the headwaters of Milford Haven, they then floated on rafts to what is today Frome in Somerset. From there the Beaker peoples hauled the stones over land to Warminster in Wiltshire. Floating down the River Wylye, they went up the Salisbury Avon to West Arnesbury. The workers then had their last stretch to go, the drag long to Stonehenge.

How Stonehenge was built.

Most often the simplest answers are indeed the answer...

To say its impossible is to fore sake the devotion and skills of these ancient people.. however it was not out of their grasp, and the knowledge they held should again make you remember we are the same specie, we have not evolved, and while they did not have computers, fancy phones with cameras and super fast automobiles, they where just as intelligent.

Stone is impossible to build in a short anount of time, hence it was constructed over a 500 year period, and I would bet the movement of the larger stones took a damn long time.. but the religion and its purpose was ancient even then, it was the life of the peoples and even though the region underwent several cultural and political changes, the project was still finished.

The sarsen stones, made of a type of sandstone harder than granite, weigh from 25 to 50 tons each (Robbins, 179). They are 7 feet (2. lm) wide and 13 feet (4m) ("Stonehenge" Encyclopedia Americana, NPA) to 21 feet (6.4m) high on average (Schreiber, 30). The trilithons have "integral mortise and tendon joints" ("GBC-Stonehenge", 2). The Wessex people showed very precise measurements on keeping the stones even. They cut the lintels at a slight curve to make the circle. That would have taken careful and wise judgment and engineering.

These heavy stones came from a place called Marlborough Downs near Avebury in Northwiltshire, twenty miles north of Stonehenge (Stonehenge, 2). They transported the using rollers and sledges like their predecessors. With such heavy stones, it took five hundred individuals to pull one stone, with another one hundred to lay heavy rollers in front of the stone. It's steepest part, Redhorn Hill, took even more persons. One theory suggests that the Wessex peoples only transported stones when there was ice on the ground so the stones would just slide along. Once at Stonehenge, they prepared the stones for their pre-dug holes. The builders dressed them for their lintels and trimmed and pointed their ends. Levers made the stone rise until gravity slid it the rest of the way into the hole. At a 30-degree angle to the ground, the Wessex workers pulled on ropes from the opposite side, raising it to upright position. Workers quickly filled the hole at the stone's base with small, round packing stones. They then lowered the lintels into place ("Stonehenge", NPA). Outside this circle is an outer ring of sarsen trilithons, called the sarsen circle, consisting of 30 smaller stones with lintels (Roop, 71). They used the same process on the outer ring.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Tamahu ........ thanks for my daily dose of Gnosticism..

You're welcome.

I was simply showing that the "Dark Age" referred to, was probably not the one you were thinking of.

To say its impossible is to fore sake the devotion and skills of these ancient people.. however it was not out of their grasp, and the knowledge they held should again make you remember we are the same specie, we have not evolved, and while they did not have computers, fancy phones with cameras and super fast automobiles, they where just as intelligent.

I agree with this, for the most part.

Although IMO, the Ancients were more intelligent.

Or rather, they utilized their Intelligence more than we do now.

Have you read Godfrey Higgins' "Celtic Druids" yet, by-the-way?

That is, if you had ever intended on reading it?

The copy I ordered was just delivered.

And will hopefully get to study it in depth soon.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I was simply showing that the "Dark Age" referred to, was probably not the one you were thinking of.

First I have ever heard of the reference of "dark age" in that manor, especially in regards to the current times we live in, which if anything is a great explosion of technology..

I agree with this, for the most part.

Although IMO, the Ancients were more intelligent.

Or rather, they utilized their Intelligence more than we do now.

Oh my, me and you agreeing on something.. never thought I would see the day! .. I think a huge part of this .. intellectual degeneration over the ages has come about because of the Industrial societies that sprang up, they replaced spirituality, cultural identity and heritage with machines, cheap plastic, and over all generic cultural diffusion.....

In short.. we became incredibly lazy, and in doing so.. lost something. Perhaps that human creativity, something that was worth something.. to spend 500 years building one stone temple when we can now build the same thing out of ply wood and various cheaply made materials for almost no money even though it will be wiped from the Earth in 50 years because the materials are not made to last..............

I don't know how to say it, I just think we lost something that the ancients had..

Have you read Godfrey Higgins' "Celtic Druids" yet, by-the-way?

Bought it off Amazon, however it is in a line of books that I have to read. I am actually currently reading a rather large book on Lincoln, though I find it to be poorly written, boring and fails to see any other light then that of a positive perspective of the man. *sigh* Non-biased books in history are hard to find.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
people dont' want certain things uncovered because it threatens there power structure

there are certain sciences that will remain "pseudo" because there is no reason for the elite with money i.e rockefellar foundation to FUND THEM

so they remain UNDER FUNDED and also *ridiculed* which is a serious deterent for those concerned with there reputation to reasearch them and most sheeple/people go uh duh of course its not true, it couldn't be at least that's what society tell me i'm supposed to say ummmkay

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I agree,the government has made use of remote viewing and other things considered "pseudo" science, or "magickal".The mind is an amazing thing, the whole body is electromagnetic, we run off of electrical impulses,and the vast majority of the brain science still has no idea what it does.What is common knowledge for us today was yesterdays hereticism and grounds for burning at the stake.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just a thought on the "dark ages" as i remembered hearing about this. It to would explian the fall of civalizations.

The beginning of the Dark Ages may have been literal, as well as figurative

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Kode,

There have been quite a few programmes, books and articles all pointing the finger at massive volcanic activity around the time of the 'Dark Ages' also I believe sun spot activity has been mentioned aswell.

As any civilisation is only 3 meals away from anarchy a huge dust cloud such as would be emitted from a really major eruption would disrupt farming etc and thus trigger the meltdown of most societies.

Can you imagine how quickly our modern society would break down - panic buying would empty the shops in a couple of days and then people would start getting hungry - even worse if it happened in winter.

Also various programmes demonstrating how ancient societies could have used pulleys, huge reed rafts etc as means of transport. All have worked to a greater or lesser degree - I'm sure I remember seeing one where they checked underwater for rocks being transported to stonehenge and found some af the large blue ones that must have sunk during transportation.

top topics

join