It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Hires Legal Team

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Leyla
"I'll do what I want..Heck with the American people.. I'm the President!!"

"I'll run this country by executive order if I have to" - BILL CLINTON

And that's a REAL QUOTE.

Hmm, I wasn't into politics much back then. So ole Bill tried it to huh?

Shame on him too!!

I say we fire Bush and appoint Ron Paul as President.

SR

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Each president brings in his own counsel as far as i can tell. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but it would seem counter-productive to use a former president (and parties) team... regardless after 6+ years in power bush minor should have had all that sorted out by now.

You see this is why i asked the question because i was unsure myself but to me it seems that the legal team should be unbaised in doing the job there job is to first and formost uphold the 'LAW' so why change the legal teams unless they don't suit the agenda that your pushing that may break or counter the law.

As i've said in my previous post the same thing does happen in the UK to an extent the previous team will be kept yet the leader of said team will be changed to a party biased supporter so general effects are biased to said party yet you'll find that the team members who oppose said opinion are the ones that leak memos and papers to the press trying to undermine what has been passed.

Although i wouldn't qoute me on this as there has been very few cases with name's released to the public to verify such claims yet saying that once a member has been booted out of the party they seem to go on any media function that will take them to prove said claims and criticize any move the current adminstration makes but again that could be angst and bias on their part.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by SR]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This really bothers me. No matter what we say about the amnesty bill Bush will continue to push it through. I don't like this on bit. But there's nothing more I can do. Emailing the WH is a waste of time. So I'm offically backing off.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"I'll do what I want..Heck with the American people.. I'm the President!!"

And that's a REAL QUOTE.

Hmm, I wasn't into politics much back then. So ole Bill tried it to huh?

Shame on him too!!

That was taken out of context... it was made during the budget impass with the congress when they refused to pass a budget, 1995 I believe, and the government was shut down twice.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of "Congressional battles" he's planning on waging? The article doesn't say. Why would he be "battling Congress", isn't he supposed to work with them thru compromise? I have read that subpoenas and requests for documentation are being ignored by the White House. Maybe that's what this is all about.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

That was taken out of context...

There is nothing to 'context'. He said what he said. AND ... It very well was probably a Freudian slip. I'm sure anyone who is president (at this point) feels the power flow through him (or her) and wants to be an all powerful king.

The days of a 'public servant' are over.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

That was taken out of context...

There is nothing to 'context'. He said what he said. AND ... It very well was probably a Freudian slip. I'm sure anyone who is president (at this point) feels the power flow through him (or her) and wants to be an all powerful king.

The days of a 'public servant' are over.

Actually, the emperor is trying on some new clothes here by hiring his own attorneys. If there is anyone left in this country who can't see him in his current naked and foolish state by now, this action of trying to defend himself against something he really needs no defense against (due to the fact that he's President!) should show it.

As for the power statement....unless you have been granted even the smallest amount of real responsibility and power, then you might never know the frightening grip that it has over you. When you combine that with the enormous pressures of family, War, money, etc. that this particular president has (that, by the way, EVERY president has) then you can begin to understand why power is more readily corrupted through one person and not through another.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So spiteful. whats it called when you are subject to criticism then in shear stupidity try to use the exact same criticism in retaliation.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And that's a REAL QUOTE.

Do you have a source on that? I can't find it.

Thanks.

I think we've all seen recently why Bush would want to have his own personal lawyers...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join