It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain invaded by furry one-inch monsters that can KILL a human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I found this link by accident while looking for other things but its pretty scary sounding.
Link

It seems that these toxic caterpillars are starting to get a foothold in the UK.

I read about the same problem in Belgium last week and they employed the army and flame throwers to get rid of them.!!

Must be pretty serious.

DO you think that this is another case of the changing environment that has given this caterpillar a new territory in the UK?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think this threat has been heard of before in the UK. I remember similar stories about "killer bees" in the past....I and my family appear to have survived the great butcher beetle plague of '97, too....

I was thiking about these animals the other day. Why exactly did these caterpillars bother to evolve a poison that can kill a man? Why do Portuguese Men of War jellyfish have the cpability to bring down and kill a herd of elephants (I may be exaggerating slightly, but you know what I mean)? What's the point? And why have sharks evolved to be able to smell a drop of blood from 70 miles away, but not bothered with being able to swim backwards?

People talk about the beauty of natural evolution, but I think they're missing the point. Your basic shark hasn't evolved to be a beautiful animal. It's evolved to be as much as of an utter b***ard as it can.

People underestimate the contribution of spite to evolution, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wow, this is scary. I thought daddy-long-legs were bad. Well for me anyway. A sighting of one of them can send me into cardiac arrest. I'll have to be extra careful in my veggie patch this year. Let's hope they stay mostly south of the border. lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So people have another thing to worry about. I have problems with my breathing, but i will not bother worrying.

But heck, is there any good news ever in this world. Now we have caterpillars.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
500 meters proximity is the danger zone? I find that hard to believe.
They dont even have a picture of one.
I really wanted to see it = /

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I really wanted to see it = /

Me too!! But i guess if there had been photos they would just have been dismissed as swamp gas or lens flare

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

closed

top topics

join