It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Bush say "God told me to attack Iraq" ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Ok I have heard this several times but I do not think I have seen a link to an EXACT quote of him saying this.
Where was he when he said this?
WHO was he saying this to?

What/who is the source of the exact report on this speech?

I bet someone here can fill me in...........or link me up...........

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
news.independent.co.uk...

All I got on the story, there are many other links and references about the
supposed quote. It was made in 2003 I guess and will be on a special report soon according to the article.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Reportedly, he did say something similar, but it's still up for debate...

Here is what we know for sure, so far. Journalist Arnon Regular wrote, in the June 26 edition of Ha'aretz (Israel's most reputable newspaper), that he has minutes of a meeting among top-level Palestinian leaders, including Prime Minister Mahmoud Abas. The minutes are apparently quite detailed, because Regular wrote a long article recounting very specific conversations. The last paragraph of the article reads:

"According to Abbas, Bush said: 'God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'"

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well the whole thing comes from the mouth of the Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmound Abbas in a meeting with Bush in June 2003.

Let's add that he also said that Bush told him that god instructed him to create a Palestinian state.

The White house refused to comment on the conversation because it claims that it was private.

So The White house never claimed that it was true or false.

Remember that during this time Bush was for re-election and he was up to his neck finding approval from the religious groups in the nation to support its war campaign.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I really hope this is not true. There is something just so wrong with Bush seeing himself as Moses.

I can't decide if Bush is God's idea of a joke or the Devil's.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well said Marge, and that's why I do believe he said the things thare were attributed to him in the article. Of course there's that 1% chance he didn't say it, but if he didn't, the white house would have denied it or said he was misquoted.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think when he says God he means his Reptilian master that controls the world from another dimension. Could be true, who knows... truth is stranger then fiction!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The "Sempiternal" Bush.

I dont know in what exact manner, but many have been witness to his going around the WH speaking to (his God) outloud.

He has said: " God spoke to me....."

Listen, if God talked to George Washington, why not him?????

Just what God it is, it remains to be seen. May not be MY God.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is all excellent information and JUST what I was looking for

Thanks guys I new ATS would not let me down........

There truly IS something so
creepy
about this whole thing.......but for some reason I am not doubting it happened for one second.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The question is what voice is telling him to destroy other human beings?

The word Creator doesn't imply destroyer.

Bush is more than likely a schizophrenic or delusional to think Cheney is gawd. Guess that's what happens when you fry your head thru years of drug abuse.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You'd think a would be president would be screened for schitzophrenia :shk:

But since they arent, we have ended up with the grand daddy of them all.

A loon who wants to take over the world and has been spotted punching his chest with both his fists and saying " I am President" to the horror of his guests at some dinner parties.
BTW, the hors d'ouvres: Deviled eggs.

new topics

top topics

join