It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Problems with unruly neighbor that really doesnt have a home.

page: 1

log in


posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM

My question is about a guy and his family around our way, who constantly is being arrested, / warranted/ and released ( apon bail payment ) and just keeps starting stuff,

We call the cops, they come, talk and leave, not much gets done, but becuz of this lack of intervention on the cops part im sure there will be more to the matter then police involvment, Im sure its gonna come to residential involvment.

My question is " What can be done, on a residents level about this obviously disturbed indiviual and his likeminded family members?"

I mean Cops have been called, and since nothing but words and loose threats are made they say nothing can be done other then what they do, Im kinda at a intersection of thoughts due to this matter.

Do I take it into my hands next time ( which will be soon, based on his track record, (within days )) or Do I just let him keep disrupting our way of life?

I mean this isnt sounding like the cops are preforming their duties to keep lettin A REPEAT offender ( with drugs, and harmful physcial threats)
be let loose back on the street.

I have kids, and a wife and I do not wanna goto jail for kicking this guys &#$ to the point of no return, cuz it wont just be self defense it will become self satisfying, Im very angery and Do not know where else to turn too.

Some help please.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:22 PM
Can you get a restraining (injunction) order? I think it would be your right if you are in any danger. If you could he would be arrested everytime.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
What needs to be happening to get a restraining order? I mean Im not even the direct cause of his outbursts and disruption, my wife an I merely are inforcing our right to tell him and his family " to stop yelling in the common areas, as well as keep it down cuz we do not want our kids to hear this.

and there response always is " Shut up" " random name calling" "loose threats, and more name calling " as well as him comming to our apartment at random intervals asking for Zanax or other controled priscribed meds.

I will glady get a restraining order but I dunno if it falls into my rights becuz its not directed to me unless I interven on behalf of a noise complaint to him.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
Perhaps you need to go higher up the chain of command than the police department beat cops. Try asking for a lieutenant or the captain and see what explaining the situation gets you.

Maybe videotape him every time you see him and send the tape with a letter of complaint to city council (or the equivalent body) demanding something be done.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:29 PM
Video tapes is something I have,

I have thought about running of the ladder of command after watching "the Wire" and I really think thats going to be my course of action, but honestly physical interaction may be resulted to before that even makes a difference due to this guys unstabability.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:40 PM
Whatever you do, restrain yourself and don't get physical.

Guys like this can work the system and you'll end up being the victimizer instead of the victim.

Google search your county + restraining order or protective order.

The forms and protocols are nearly always online now.

There has to be actual physical violence against you or your family or threats of violence in order to get one, in most cases.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:43 AM
You said some of the events happen in "common areas".This sounds like the same type of housing situation as me.Do you have other neighbours willing to petition a complaint? Do you all pay rent to the same person or company where a complaint could be filed?We as a community of 50 units had a problem with one family- same scenario as you.We all petitioned for their eviction,got a lawyer and took them to court.We won.Aside from a few violations(restraining orders), they have not returned to our area.I know this may sound extreme.You must think about how far you are willing to go and what type of action would be best.Violence is never the answer.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
Well, I dunno if its over or not, But his mom, and sister are being evicted, but his girl still lives across from us, shes no prob at all, just stuck with a idiot as the babys daddy, and speak of the devil,

He Overdosed today, wether or not this will stop his bs I doubt it, due to this being not his 1st OD, Im feelin more of a Contact the Lt or Cheif of police an discuss the partial treatment he has been gettin from Favored cops around our way, Just becuz hes a white guy, hes gettin treated differently then any other race around here, Yeah its BS but it is what is happening.

So, to sum it up, We are gettin a restraining order on him, as well as contacting the Lt and Cheif of police and discussing his treatment by the local PD.

Yes I can restrain myself but im affraid others around my way can not.

lol When push comes to shove, Shove gets Nasty.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:02 PM
Hes back, no probs yet, but a load of crap just keep pouring out of his mom and our mamnagements mouth management states " I like him, hes a good guy" and since our management consists of a husband and wife team that will be the continued manner of the way things work here, If they dont like you, you will be upkept to the law of the land, but if your a friend or viewed as one, then you get to skip willy nilly thru loopholes and or straight forward rules.

the funny thing is, that now after my wife explained the story to management they just replied " oh hes just a troubled person, hes a good guy at heart"

Good guys at heart, dont threaten to break your neck after confronting them after trying to push there way into your apartment while yer wife was holding the baby, a good guy at heart doesnt threaten to punch your wife after she goes outside to tell them " please keep it down, my children are trying to take a nap" and good guy at heart doesnt ask for zanax when their addicted to the substance and known to "black out" ( BS ) and start fights.

But we are rowdy party goers when ever we report a broken handle, or a vent cover not staying up. Im starting to think its not the athorities that are failing here its our management. Becuz of their views and biaist* opinons of this person that nothing will be done on a normal scale such as baning them from the property,

Who can I call if our management isnt doing what they should becuz of a life long drug addict who causing problems whenever you try to have them not scream and yell in the halls, or ask us for Zanax?

The restraining order we filed wasnt enuff due to the lack of evidence they said and lack of physical harm. They said "Mild threats arent enuff to warrant a restraining order."

Im apalled by this and the lack of justice for many. Our system has an will continue to fail unless it gets enuff attention and even there the persons at fault will prolly just get a million dollar interview from NBC.

2012 hurry up and ghet here.

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

[edit on 22-6-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:21 PM
It's time to go over management's head to the building owner.

I don't know how it is in your jurisdiction, but here in my county, you can go down to the county assessor's office and find out who owns a property, complete with address and phone number.

If management isn't doing their job and excluding a dangerous person from the premises, you are well within your rights to go over their head to the building owner, in my own opinion anyway.

You might want to call a landlord/tenant attorney for a free consultation and ask him what to do next.

I hear you about the restraining order and the frustration involved in that process. I couldn't get one on my husband when he stalked me and the children and held us prisoner in our car because we are in a custody battle and nobody wanted to put a restraining order on him because then he'd lose his custody rights, so they assumed I made more of the situation than it was.

My children and I were terribly traumatized and he got away with it. The DA wouldn't press charges because it was domestic, and family court wouldn't give me the order I needed for the same stupid reason -- he didn't hit me.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:25 PM
I've got a few links for you to do some research in:

Nolo is a local (to me) publisher that does excellent legal self-help books. They may be able to provide you with some information as well.

Findlaw on Nuisance Neighbors

Nuisance Log Sheet

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
thank you for your help and research efforts, it is sad how you had to find them out the way you did and I wish the best of luck to you and to your family.

I will check those links out and report back when i find more info out.


top topics


log in