It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great new video of saucer over Stirling

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Looks like one of those helium filled round metallic looking balloons which someone has let go off

Whoa, I was going to say that, but you beat me to it!

[edit on 6/10/2007 by spookymusic]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is too large for your typical party balloon, but it does drift and
tumble in the meager breeze, just like a balloon would do on a quiet
sunny afternoon.

Either it's a balloon, or an E.T. craft where the driver has suffered a
seizure, or fallen asleep at the controls. With no input from the
alien's mind, the craft's safety system could be set for auto-drift.

My personal feeling is that it is a very large foil balloon that was
released on purpose or accidentally. -cwm

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ok, now i am a little bit scared, i think this can explain all those UFO crashes, what we simply have is drunk aliens flying through the air, imagine that, unthinkable advances in technologly, and they still don't have Drunk flying laws....

In all serious though why does one side of it lit up every once in a while?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Anyone see a
on it?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
This is too large for your typical party balloon, but it does drift and
tumble in the meager breeze, just like a balloon would do on a quiet
sunny afternoon.

-cwm

How in the world do you know how big this is? You can not judge its size from this video.

Anyway it looks and acts like every party balloon I have ever seen, and I have seen a bunch.

Somebody pleeeze show me a UFO video that just blows me away.
Ill give you a dollar

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Once again, why do people put music on top of supposed data?
What is the purpose. It only deflates (pun intended) the information presented.

Yes! I thought it was just me. I find this practice completely annoying. Turning ufo evidence into music videos just trivializes it.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cometa
yahoo, its a ufo and its on video.
i think this is 100% genuine.
do we have proof now or what are we waiting for?

You go ahead and believe what you like. Nobody's stopping you. However, a lot of other people here seem to think it might be a balloon or something like that. But if you've put all your cognitive power into it, and determined that there's no way it can be anything besides Aliens from Jupiter, then good for you. Whatever. I guess you're just smarter than the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Its laughable to say its a balloon it is obviously under some sort of intelligent control, but its hard to say if its just a remote controlled model
or a genuine Ufo.. I but the way it just fly`s around in the same area all the time makes me think its just a model of some sort ...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Yes! I thought it was just me. I find this practice completely annoying. Turning ufo evidence into music videos just trivializes it.

Yuefo, please don't take offense to what I am about to say!!

Why is it that this post has 5 stars? Yuefo was just agreeing with someone about an off-topic idea. There are other posts in here that debate the actual thread topic, and some of them have 0 stars.

Just a quick gripe. Carry on!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I find the shape at 20 seconds into the movie much more interesting. The one in the top right.

Probably a lamp, but its kinda old school... 8)

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Doesn't look like a balloon to me. balloons dont hover and change direction at will. It's probably just a UAV being tested.

Like this one :
www.gfsprojects.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Has the driver been out on the sauce do we think? Looks like he's well over the limit to me, he can't steer in a straight line. Maybe it's Paris Hilton in an elaborate escape bid from jail involving reverse engineering.

I tell you, it drives me mad, these aliens flying over here, weaving all over the road. It oughtn't to be allowed, the government should do something. It's not as if the aliens are paying taxes.

Unless it's just a drunk balloon. But that's absurd, balloons can't drink. So it must be an alien.

QED.

W

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Looks like one of these types....

no it does not look like these, thats ridiculous!!!
the object actually flys around and makes maneuvers. it also seems to transform itself and why is it partly illuminated?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wouldnt exactly say it flies around.

It floats and drifts along the sky just like a balloon would do.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

Originally posted by cometa
do we have proof now or what are we waiting for?

Yes, its surely a proof of drunk aliens. Perhaps we should search for a crashed disc in that area.

The problem here is that it doesn't look like its intelligently guided. The video is genuine though (imo).
Do we have laws on drunken ufo driving on the books?
And who's gonna pull em over?
But back to topic.At first i thought balloon but i feel the brightness of the reflected sunlight has to be caused by a higher density metalic substance.Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Originally posted by yuefo

Yuefo, please don't take offense to what I am about to say!!

Why is it that this post has 5 stars? Yuefo was just agreeing with someone about an off-topic idea. There are other posts in here that debate the actual thread topic, and some of them have 0 stars.

Just a quick gripe. Carry on!

Ah the stars seem to me to be a popularity thing, friends rank up each other and enemies rank down one another. I really don't see much value in it other than another means of glorifying one another.

Back to the topic, I tend to believe that its movemnet is caused by the wind or upper air currents. It by no means seems to be under intelligent control. As to its size I have to agree with other posters that it is pretty big. Also don't let the music bring you down, I for one would not want my voice to be know in such a video for the obvious reason's. Ridicule and ones right to remain unknown to others.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I vote balloon. Not the small birthday party mylar types but rather the large advertising types, e.g.,

Also remember that there are many companies that will custom make a balloon for you. Finally, I submit that any high-school kid with a few bucks, a little free time, and a little ingenuity, could shape/construct a reasonable-looking UFO-styled metallic balloon without much trouble.

What about it staying in one spot? No problem: A reel or two (say 400-500 meters) of light nylon fishing line will handle that. But it's rotating, spinning, you ask? Easy: attach a 360-swivel to the end of your fishing line.

On the flip side, for doubters of this theory, Here's an interesting take on this subject.

And - to admit my own knowledge of shenanigans and for full disclosure: As a kid, I remember some of my buddies had a favorite prank: At night they would sometimes create an easy UFO to rattle the neighborhood. Here's how they did it:

1. Gather up a few of those thin, lightweight plastic bags that dry cleaners use over dress shirts,
2. Make a light-weight cross out of straws or balsa sticks and tape to the bottom (opening) of each bag,
3. Fill the bags with hot air from a small Sterno can,
4. light a few small birthday candles and fix to your cross piece with a drop of wax,
5. Release (or tape a few together and release)
6. Call the cops/newspaper and tell them that UFOs are floating over town.

Note: please don't do this - it was stupid and could have caused a fire

My guess is that what we have here is a modern-day version of this same thing. The only difference is that video-cams and YouTube give it much wider exposure.

Or - I'm all wet and this is a real UFO (but I doubt it). I guess, in a way, since it remains unidentified, it really is a UFO, eh?

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 6/11/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Looks like one of those helium filled round metallic looking balloons which someone has let go off

Yheah same here, maybe a deliberate hoax using helium.

I've been waning to try out a joke with helium, it would go something like this: I'm carrying a box, meet someone in the street, put the box down and talk to them. The box is filled with helium ballons, soon as I let go - it goes!! I'd need someone with a camera to get their face.

Thing is a lot of air craft fly round here, don't know bout downing a passinger plane for a laugh

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I wouldnt exactly say it flies around.

It floats and drifts along the sky just like a balloon would do.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by The_Coo]

i just watched the video again.
for me it definetely looks like the object is:
- flying maneuvers
- remotely flight controlled
i can see that because of:
- the maneuvers itself and obvious movement if one takes a closer look on the background movement and movement and focusing of the camera.

when it flies up to gain height it looks, like its steering on some occasions.
this reminded me of the nice video of the italian ufo over the riverbed, which is supposed to be a non-fake...

i can recognize a maneuver similar to an immelman turn.
its flying descending / ascending circles, too, it appears.
plane like movement, but its not a plane.
all in one it reminds me of a RC-plane.

it also seems like moving when it crosses the roof of the house twice.
first it crosses the roof once, its on the other side now and he goes out to capture it again. then it moves back to the other side again.
airflow movement? or intelligent controlled?

it cant be moved by the wind or any other airflow, i think.
could it be that on one side theres something like a huge ventilator spining all over the object, hovercraft style?

maybe if someone is able to stabilize the video we could get more out of it.

[edit on 11/6/07 by cometa]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I've been waning to try out a joke with helium, it would go something like this: I'm carrying a box, meet someone in the street, put the box down and talk to them. The box is filled with helium ballons, soon as I let go - it goes!! I'd need someone with a camera to get their face.

I like the way you think there, Now-Then

So if we all agree it's a balloon in the video,
will the government insist it's a UFO?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join