It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I AM LEGEND movie, with Will Smith 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Anyone see that new trailer about a movie I Am Legend with Will Smith, looks pretty cool, its about something that happens to mankind in 5 years, is it 2012? and he seems to be the only human left alive. Or so he thinks. Theres something there, and it may not be human.

Anyway just thought it was odd that such an event was set in 5 years time, must be inspired by all 2012 stuff, haha.

Really weird, I cant wait to see it.

If you wanna check it out, go to the apple website, www.apple.com...

[edit on 10-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I know that this is a movie, but I thought it would have been better in the Predictions & Prophecies Discussion Forum, because it possibly has something to do with the 2012 predictions, and I was hoping to get some views about it from people there, oh well.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Cool!

Looks pretty freaky, this should be in the survival forum for all the situation X buffs to be getting all wet about!

Why is there a blackbird parked on a rooftop and how come he manages to find a really clean sweet ride?

Looks like we will have to wait a few months before they release another teaser trailer.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
can't wait until it's out! i love that kind of conspiracy stuff, like war of the worlds.
cool!

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
...Apparently, I am Legend is something of a remake of
The Omega Man 1971 (starring Charleston Heston)...
which is itself a remake of The Last Man on Earth 1964
(starring Vincent Price)...

All 3 versions are adaptatons of the original novel I am Legend the Last Man on Earth by Richard J. Matheson , 1954...

movies.ign.com...

www.oldies.com...

www.worldsgreatestcritic.com...

[edit on 10-6-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah I heard about this... but I'm wondering if will smith is the person to put in this roll. Most of his stuff are comedies or true story kinda things, and this is a kinda sci-fi dooms day situation.

I bet he says "Ah, hell no." at some point in the film, i've not yet seen a movie where it wasn't said (granted I haven't seen his recent Pursuit of happiness.)

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
Yeah I heard about this... but I'm wondering if will smith is the person to put in this roll. Most of his stuff are comedies or true story kinda things, and this is a kinda sci-fi dooms day situation.

I bet he says "Ah, hell no." at some point in the film, i've not yet seen a movie where it wasn't said (granted I haven't seen his recent Pursuit of happiness.)

Yeah hes done sci fi before, but even the serious ones, seem to have a comedy feel, which wouldnt look right in this movie, but he IS an actor, so he could change the way he acts for this role. Hes quite talented.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is news to me, cheers for the thread

I think he could pull this off based on the trailer there.
Looks good to me

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He is a good actor.. but your right, everything he's in has a comedy feel. I am nervous about this film with him in it. I am going to try to see it, but... if i hear "Ah, Hell Na" In it i'm going to laugh so hard...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ummm Independence Day...IRobot...MIB...he is perfect for this kind of role.

BOYAAAA can't wait.

[edit on 10/6/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ummm Independence Day...IRobot...MIB...he is perfect for this kind of role.

He was comic relief in Independence Day, MIB was a comedy... so that is NOT a good example... and I didn't see IRobot, but i'm sure he still said "Ah Hell Na.."

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

He is a good actor.. but your right, everything he's in has a comedy feel. I am nervous about this film with him in it. I am going to try to see it, but... if i hear "Ah, Hell Na" In it i'm going to laugh so hard...

Did you see Ali?
I know that falls into your true story catagory but that was some fine acting, he is such a strong actor that is given alot of comedy rolls because he is naturally funny (fresh Prince), on the other hand he can do all sorts of serious rolls, besides a part of the film has to have some humour, you hear him say day 1000 odd, so he has been in new york city for that long on his own, what would you get up to if you was completely alone in a world filled with everything???

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Why is there a blackbird parked on a rooftop and how come he manages to find a really clean sweet ride?

The Blackbird was parked on a aircraft carrier in the dock, you see early in the trailor he has a green army jacket (possibly generals) with medals on the pocket.
To answer your other question:
Find a sweet ride and clean it, he has been there for over 1000 days and there's plenty of car dealerships in New York isn't there?

I really like the look of this film...

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

The Blackbird was parked on a aircraft carrier in the dock, you see early in the trailor he has a green army jacket (possibly generals) with medals on the pocket.
Find a sweet ride and clean it, he has been there for over 1000 days and there's plenty of car dealerships in New York isn't there?

Yeah its got that feel, that Ive always wondered about, what If I could go around anywhere, take whatever I want, the whole place to myself.
But there are more negatives, than positives I guess. Hes alone, and he may have more problems.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yeah its got that feel, that Ive always wondered about, what If I could go around anywhere, take whatever I want, the whole place to myself.
But there are more negatives, than positives I guess. Hes alone, and he may have more problems.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by _Phoenix_]

Thats why I say part of the film,we might be taken through all of his emotions, first realising he is alone and feeling sad and unhappy, then he has to get passed that and realise he is alone BUT alive, so why not embrace that. Then he finds he's not alone and we see were it goes from there.
It must be aliens right? This is were my concerns come in, wehave seen will smith save the world from aliens 3 or 4 times now, why couldn't he just kick their butts before they wipe out mankind here???LOL

But I really want t see this, I really like Will Smiths movies...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I had no idea this was a book. And now I know what kind of direction this movie will take, What do you think of Zombies or Vampires.

There have been different version told, to begin with it was zombies, which later changed to vampires somehow.

All info here.

www.doorly.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I had no idea this was a book. And now I know what kind of direction this movie will take, What do you think of Zombies or Vampires.

There have been different version told, to begin with it was zombies, which later changed to vampires somehow.

All info here.

www.doorly.com...

Well after this thread was first started I went out and read the book. It should be vampires as they leave bodies sucked dry. And as for him running all over NY. That's just not cricket. From the look of the trailer they will have to say based on the book "I Am Legend" because the whole book is based around the main characters fortified home and set some years after the original incident that causes the vampirism thang.

But that being said I'm still looking forward to this movie and I think Will Smith is a pretty good actor for this roll, MIB and ID were a long time ago now.

It will be interesting to see how it ends having read the book!!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm hoping it ends the same way the book ends. I'm concerned they'll change it to a hollywood 'alls well that ends well' type ending.

top topics

join