It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on at the Vatican?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Precious!!!

You forgot to add the demi-tasse with the Espresso.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
When you have a legacy of WAR and corruption; any president will try and shift the focus from WAR and corruption.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Either its a case of Dubya making a grand tour in his last days as President as SteveR suggested

That isn't what SteveR suggested.

"Major decision coming up."

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How many other times have OTHER presidents went and seen the pope and nothing was said? The only reason some of you are expecting something "sinister" is because it is Bush.
:shk:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
How many other times have OTHER presidents went and seen the pope and nothing was said? The only reason some of you are expecting something "sinister" is because it is Bush.
:shk:

Dude you have the NWO all seeing eye as your avatar why??????
If u oppose them why symbolise them?

[edit on 11-6-2007 by sostyles]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sostyles

The lost individuals will be found.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
When you have a legacy of WAR and corruption; any president will try and shift the focus from WAR and corruption.
Only he's not shifting anything....its just making people wonder what the heck he's up to.
And being corrupt that he is, well,
, it opens up the door to more conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by sostyles

The lost individuals will be found.

Steve, you don't know anything about me. So, please, do not make comments that you cannot confirm. Thank ya, thank ya very much. Uh-huh.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

what possible connection could the vatican have with the NWO ? If the NWO is all about satan then why would the Pope align himself wth them ? And what relation does being a sovereign state have ?

Hi admriker

Here's a link to a good article about the Jesuit/Vatican connection to the NWO, I believe this might answer the questions you've asked:

The Black Pope

It basically discusses the influence the Jesuits have had/still have over the Vatican and how the Jesuits "fit" into the NWO picture, particularly from a historical perspective

Peace

I had a heck of time trying to read that link. It was poorly written and was all over the place.

I tried to read it with an open mind but it was obvious most of it was total garbage. Especially the part where he says he's immortal.

People actually believe that stuff ?

I believe the NWO exists. I believe Kennedy was murdered by someone other than Oswald. I believe the Elitist Bankers are the ones runnin the world. But this link Im sorry I cant buy. It sounded like the rantings from someone completely insane

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Either its a case of Dubya making a grand tour in his last days as President as SteveR suggested

Sorry Steve, my bad

Yeah, you're right, major decision time...Any thoughts on what this decision might be ? An international type decision or a domestic one ?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I had a heck of time trying to read that link. It was poorly written and was all over the place.

I tried to read it with an open mind but it was obvious most of it was total garbage. Especially the part where he says he's immortal.

People actually believe that stuff ?

I believe the NWO exists. I believe Kennedy was murdered by someone other than Oswald. I believe the Elitist Bankers are the ones runnin the world. But this link Im sorry I cant buy. It sounded like the rantings from someone completely insane

It was all over the place because it was an interview...Absolutely, saying one is immortal is a fair stretch....Now, I'm not saying that I definitely 100% believe the Jesuits/Vatican have a MASSIVE influence over the "NWO" and its agenda, however, like the article I pointed you to, there is much info out there which suggests exactly what that article did...

Again, they dont run the show by any means, from what I've learned, I actually believe their influence has waned in recent times...But the thing is, they have always been there at the forefront of involvement with various "secret groups" commonly associated with the NWO

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What's going on at the Vatican?

Well, to answer the question ultimately posed in this thread, I'd have to say that it's "business as usual" at the Vatican. However I am not implying that there is anything at all going on in the World's smallest independent state. If anything, I'm saying that, except for the eternal grind of the Vatican Curia, nothing atypical is taking place at the "Holy See" -- certainly nothing that one might take as an exceptional event.

The Vatican is a fully independent nation. As an independent state, which also happens to be the Center of Roman Catholic Church -- with the Pope as the titular head of both -- one can normally expect that world leaders would come to the Vatican for 'state visits'. That President Bush would visit the Pope is not surprising in the least. Frankly, I was wondering just when a meeting between Pope Benedict and the President would finally take place. After all, it has become almost customary for Presidents, Prime Ministers, Premiers and political leaders at every level, from every place to visit the Pope. President Bush is certainly no different. He is simply doing what the previous five presidents had already done -- Presidents actually seek out the Pope

What's going on at the Vatican?

To imply that the meeting between Pope Benedict XVI and President Bush had some nefarious purpose is entirely unfounded supposition. Sure, one could make random conjectures but, without some specific suspicion in regards to a specific issue, such musings are nothing more than fantasy. What happened at the Vatican..at the meeting between the Pope and the US President? For starters, this is what is being reported as the context of this Papal audience.Bush visits the Pope AND the Italian President

It would seem, from reports, that the discussions that took place followed a rather typical agenda; issues of political, social and even of religious tone; AIDS, the war in Iraq, humanitarian aid for Africa and, specifically, Darfur. Even Bush's negotiations with Russia's President Putin regarding the European based anti-missile system was discussed. This information; television broadcasts, news reports and press releases from the Bush Administration and the Vatican are all that we have to rely upon to make any assumption whatsoever about "What's going on at the Vatican".

I'm sorry if my reply is almost taking the form of a rant of sorts but -- and this is a big "but" -- I cannot restrain my criticism of what I consider an example of crying "fire!" when there is no sign of smoke. What I do detect, instead of smoke, is the sense that some people are allowing their hatred of some people and, to some extent, institutions such as the Roman Catholic Church to interfere with their logic.

Is the hatred of the man, George Bush, so invasive as to cloud critical analysis of the facts on hand? Is there something to add to make this meeting between the Pope and the President something more than a typical meeting between "world leaders"?

Personally, if I were trying to find a conspiratorial angle on the Pope and, possibly, the President, I'd spend some time delving into the recent "attack" on the Pope.Attack on Pope Benedict XVI thwarted One might get some mileage out of an incident such as this especially since it occurred within temporal proximity of the Presidents visit, the G8 meetings and the aura of threats that exist surrounding the Pope from possible Islamic extremists to possible links to the Third Secret of Fatima. Now this is conspiratorial fodder.

[edit on 6/12/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry if my reply is almost taking the form of a rant of sorts but -- and this is a big "but" -- I cannot restrain my criticism of what I consider an example of crying "fire!" when there is no sign of smoke. What I do detect, instead of smoke, is the sense that some people are allowing their hatred of some people and, to some extent, institutions such as the Roman Catholic Church to interfere with their logic.

Good post BT
The OP asked a pretty open kinda question and your input and opinions are just as valid as anyone elses

Yes, I could easily see how one could form the opinion some of these views are born of religious bias/intolerance and so on...They certainly arent from my viewpoint as I am a practicing Catholic...

When the OP posted I thought it was a fair question to ask, and expected people to post a whole lot of views...That's what has happened and that can only be a good thing....

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Republican Government need all the support they can get next election.

Pope = fairly important. If he gives the signal, the Republican Party will keep support from the Catholic Church and thus gain more votes. It is probably nothing more than power canvesing. They need votes, they need to stay in power and anything no matter how small can help them with this.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Dammnit Steve !!!!

I've been sitting here nekkid in from of my pc for three days waiting for your post as to whether the decision by Dubya will be international or domestic as far as reach goes...

Given its the middle of winter here, and I'm cold, hungry and really need to pee bad....Please post and indulge me ASAP

Thanks Steve

Tony

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join