It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons and their relationship to the NWO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I moved to the Boise, Idaho area 2 years ago. My wife got a great job opportunity and we jumped at the chance. I just assumed Id be able to find a job as a college graduate. Going on two years now, and I havent even gotten an interview. I decided to do some research on mormons.

At first I thought the momorns were just another branch of christianity like baptists, presbyterians, etc. The Mormons are nothing like christians from what Ive learned.

They believe native american indians are the lost tribe of jews. Doesnt matter if extensive geneological evidence says that jews and american indians are about as far about as possible.

They believe Joseph Smith found some golden tablets and translated them. Later when asked to do it again, he couldnt and offered new translations. And by the way, nobody besides him ever saw these tablets.

They believe the garden of eden is in Jackson Missouri and that the jews lived in Missouri also along with Jesus. Yes the bible is wrong according to them, Jesus wasnt born in Bethelehem but rather Missouri lol.

They believe in two levels of heaven. The only way to get in is to do good deeds. Thats why mormons are always going to 3rd world countries, not for others but rather to get entrance into heaven. Its also why theyre so pleasingly nice (to your face anyway).

They believe the world is only 5000 years old. Some may believe that its slightly older but only by a few thousand years. They say dinosaurs and man lived side by side. They have these speakers that will go around giving lectures challenging carbon dating science.

Mormons are very sexist. The men make all the decisions. My wife's assistant cant come over for a simple BBQ unless her husband can accompany her. Once my wife and her girlfriends had a girls night party at our house. They were orering pizza and watching Grease reality show. The assistant's husband shows up an hr into the party and stays the whole time. Some mormons still practice polygamy but its kept quiet.

And Ive found out why i cant get a job around here. Mormons will typically only deal with other mormons in business. They will usually only hire other mormons which is frustrating because Ive personally been unemployed in this area going on two years. I cant even score an interview. My wife is a partner where she works but cant even get me in. The senior partners do all the hiring, and every hire with the exception of physicians are mormons (and if the mormons could, they'd only hire mormon physicians too).

In my research, Ive come across some references to mormon involvement with the NWO. Little is mentioned but the so-called church (i dont call them that, i consider them a cult), but they seem to be involved.

Since it appears I wont be working anytime soon, can anyone point in me in the direction of some links. I should know what Im up against. Hell, Ive even thought of converting just so I can get employment but theyre beliefs are just so strange.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Oh you Mormons. I remember when it was Saxon Vs Mormans. You had square castles didn't you?

Please feel free to use the above as an icebreaker, it's sure to get some looks but everyone will realise how confident you are.

It will also put them on the other foot, they won't expect this. It's a gentle way to remind them their whole existance and beleifs are irrelevant to you - you have your own.

PS Ithink they are the link between scientology and cristianity. MMmmm. Kay?

[edit on 12-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

[edit on 12-6-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm a Mormon.

Do you have any links to the information you've provided in your beginning post?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
live in SLC

And, I must admit you have a point about Boise being "worse" it is really bad up there. At least here in SLC you actually have a shot every once in a while. I wish you the best of luck, and recommend you go to whatever denomination you are affiliated with, and see if they can point you in the right direction for employment. Also Universities are always a semi-safe bet. Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Wow, everything that isn't mainstream is part of the NWO, eh? Wow, I must be an informant for the NWO by that "logic."
You people are funny.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
I'm a Mormon.

Do you have any links to the information you've provided in your beginning post?

Thanks.

No links. The above information I got from talking with the local mormons here.

I had a casual friend show me a church flyer with job advertisements once when I commented that the local paper never seemed to have any jobs listed. His point was that mormons rarely hire anyone outside the church.

Some of the other stuff Ive gotten from nuns (not sure what theyre called). These women from the local mormon church come to my house once a month offering me free book of mormon and hoping to convert me. I sometimes get them talking for hours.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Wow, everything that isn't mainstream is part of the NWO, eh? Wow, I must be an informant for the NWO by that "logic."
You people are funny.

actually I was asking if there was any relationship between them. I personally have no idea but do recall mormons being mentioned on occasion.

I remember seeing them being mentioned by Steven Greer in one of his books as being involved.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't know how it is in Idaho, but here in Tennessee, it's not like that at all. I'm not a practicing Mormon by any means ( I smoke, drink, have tattoos, and don't completly believe in ALL that Mormons teach) but I was brought up in the church, and through all of my own spiritual searching, have found that Mormonisim fits me.

That being said, I think there is more of a link with the Catholic Church and the NWO than with Mormons. As far as men making most of the decisions, I think that is just old fashioned values that some of the more die hard Mormons hold on to. My mother is a devout follower of the church and, let me tell you in all honesty, she runs that household, lol.

Mormons are christian in the same sense as other branches of christianity, save for the fact that they also read from another book, as well as the bible. The bible comes first, the Book of Mormon second. That's how it's always been when I went to church.

If you are not able to get a job based on not being a Mormon, that's grounds for a lawsuit buddy. Just because you're not Mormon, they can't base that one whether you get hired or not. Inform them of that, let them know your rights. Things might change after that.

Like I said before, even though I claim Mormonism, I want to stress that I, personally, don't agree with everything they say and do. I'm very vocal about that, and I just think that helps in thinking outside of the religious box, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
take the middle M out of Mormon and what do you get?

joseph smith founded the chicago masons lodge as well as the one in the west somewhere, i forget.

He was a known fraud of his time, and mormonism hosts a large deal of masonic traditions. Many speculate that theres a ceremony that they tell you jesus has no salvation power as hes dead, and you have to save souls, by having a priest put one in you, then you talk it into going to the light or something. maybe its an old practice, saw a video documentary on youtube. Jesus is perfectly described in the bible, and it is verified many times over by people not on the blue pill.

why dont you move? that town sounds uber lame, id kill myself it sounds like if i was there longer than a week.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That is totally unfounded Mastermind.

I've never EVER heard of anything like that, and I'm mormon.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Valdimer, I honestly think that there is a conspiracy to undermine anything that is not mainstream. This thread, in my honest opinion, is turning into a perfect example of what I mean.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
I moved to the Boise, Idaho area 2 years ago. My wife got a great job opportunity and we jumped at the chance. I just assumed Id be able to find a job as a college graduate. Going on two years now, and I havent even gotten an interview. I decided to do some research on mormons.

If you don't mind my saying so the fact you haven't gotten an interview might not necessarily indicate a vast, Mormon conspiracy.

At first I thought the momorns were just another branch of christianity like baptists, presbyterians, etc. The Mormons are nothing like christians from what Ive learned.

Question:What's your definition of 'Christian'? From your sample, it seems that you confine 'Christianity' to several Protestant denominations.
Now, I'm not much of a Biblical scholer (or a big city lawyer
), but isn't the general term for 'Christian' a person that worships Jesus Christ, either as a human, avatar of God etc?

They believe native american indians are the lost tribe of jews. Doesnt matter if extensive geneological evidence says that jews and american indians are about as far about as possible.

Well most religious claims are to be taken with a grain of salt.

They believe Joseph Smith found some golden tablets and translated them. Later when asked to do it again, he couldnt and offered new translations. And by the way, nobody besides him ever saw these tablets.

My view on Joseph Smith is that he was a con man.
Nothing against Mormons, or Mormonism in general, however I just think he was a scam artist that got lucky. Also how does this provide any supportive evidence towards a relationship between Mormonism and the NWO?

They believe the garden of eden is in Jackson Missouri and that the jews lived in Missouri also along with Jesus. Yes the bible is wrong according to them, Jesus wasnt born in Bethelehem but rather Missouri lol.

Have you even seen some of the Protestant denominations? Even THEY believe that they're version of the Bible is the correct one, and everyone else's is bunk and a one way ticket to hell.
Also it's quite offensive laughing at someone's religious beliefs.
'Jews don't eat pork LOL!'.

They believe the world is only 5000 years old. Some may believe that its slightly older but only by a few thousand years. They say dinosaurs and man lived side by side. They have these speakers that will go around giving lectures challenging carbon dating science.

Once more your 'discoveries' parallel beliefs held by certain Protestant denominations.

Mormons are very sexist. The men make all the decisions. My wife's assistant cant come over for a simple BBQ unless her husband can accompany her. Once my wife and her girlfriends had a girls night party at our house. They were orering pizza and watching Grease reality show. The assistant's husband shows up an hr into the party and stays the whole time. Some mormons still practice polygamy but its kept quiet.

Yes I'm not much of a scholar of Mormonism, though apparently some of the beliefs are sexist and, surprisingly enough, so is Biblical scripture. I repeat: What does this anecdote have to do with the New World Order?

In my research, Ive come across some references to mormon involvement with the NWO. Little is mentioned but the so-called church (i dont call them that, i consider them a cult), but they seem to be involved.

Could you please cite these references? It would lend some credence to your statements.

By and large the main 'vibe' I'm getting from the O.P is that, as he hasn't managed to get a job interview, there must be a giant Mormon conspiracy against him. Funny that

That's strange. Normally when someone posts '______ (insert whatever 'suspicious' ethnicity/religion/organisation) is part of/has a relationship with the NWO' the first few posters will agree, the fourth/fifth will disagree, one of the first few accuses the fourth of being a 'dis-info agent' and the thread goes downhill from there.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
as indicated by the other poster here, its not just me that has had problems getting employment in this area because he wasnt mormon. I literally know 5 families that have moved back to california or other places simply because they couldnt get a job.

It literally is a conspiracy. The mormons Ive talked with fully admit they wont hire outside the church. And they go beyond that...they wont do business with non-mormon businesses as well.

There are limitations of course. There arent enough mormon doctors or lawyers so the church here makes exceptions. However, for the most part outside non-mormons have little chance of getting hired.

The fact that I havent even scored an interview is certainly an indicator. Let me give you one example of the bias I face....

Im not some lackluster untalented person with no education and work history. I have an MA in Public Relations. My BA is in Advertising. I have worked in the PR and Ad business for two Fortune 500 firms for 10 years. In addition Ive worked the non-profit circuit for 4 years. My credentials and references are near-perfect.

As soon as I moved here I approached the local hospital with my resume. I spoke with the Human Resources Director and had lunch with a drug rep and the Regional President of the same hospital. They had a PR director but were happy to hold my resume for future consideration. This area is rather small and professionals with my qualifications are extremely rare.

I kept contact with these individuals over the many months. Soon news broke that the hospital would be expanding operations and opening another branch nearby. I went in to speak with the HR director to find out if another position would be opening. What I found out shocked me...not only had a position had been created but it had already been filled. They hired a local from Boise State fresh out of college with zero experience, but she was a mormon.

In addition, the former PR director had been replaced. When I inquired through some friends who had gotten the PR director position, I was told it was a current employee of the hospital...this person is a Nutritionist and totally unqualified for the PR position. This person was however a mormon.

Now I could accept the ridiculous possibility of losing out to a Nutritionist if we both had been interviewed and somehow this person was deemed a better candidate but I never got that interview.

Another example...

My wife is a practicing physician in the area. She just made partner however she has zero input on hiring. The President of the group makes the decision when a position is to be created, otherwise the HR director has full control over hiring.

When we first moved here, I talked with the Group President several times. I was trying to talk him into creating a Marketing / PR / Advertising director. At that time, the secretary was the one doing the ads for the local paper. His excuse was their medical group was too small to have such a position and didnt feel it necessary.

Anyway, over the past 2 years I would send the President tips and advice when I saw opportunities such as a golden PR chance with a local car accident victim. He never took any of my advice.

About 3 weeks ago my wife receives a company-wide email...this President has announced he's creating a new position of Marketing / PR director and had filled the position already. Despite my wife's position or my qualifications, I again didnt get any consideration...who was hired...why a fresh-faced Boise State Graduate with zero experience oh but she is a MORMON.

This isnt me being paranoid. This is my reality. I know for fact this is happening because of my faith because its happening to others. There are people I know at the hospital that are passed over for promotion because they arent mormon. Others new to the area stay for maybe a year then move out because they cant get decent employment.

There's a guy down the road from me working right now at Radio Shack for minimum wage...he happens to be an Architect but cant get a job anywhere in his chosen profession. He moved here because his wife was offered a position (lawyer) and he naturally assumed since the local unemployment rate was 2.5% that he'd easily find a job. He now finds himself in my position.

I posted here because Im trying to understand these guys. This goes well beyond any christian religion. Its cult-like behavior. Ive lived all over the country and never had a problem getting a job in an area dominated by Baptists or catholics or methodists or presbyterians, etc

And please no comparisons to other christian faiths. At least most have some foundation in science to back up their beliefs. There is plenty of evidence from the bible thats supported by archaelogical digs...there is zero evidence to support any of the ridiculous mormon beliefs of jewish settlement in Missouri or any of the other nonsense the mormons believe.

This is just one example. There are many many more where Ive received zero consideration for a position I was a perfect candidate for.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As I stated before, if you're not hired due to religious beliefs, then why not file a lawsuit? It seems to me that you have grounds for one.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeah, the Mormons are pretty weird. But, I can tell you a thing or two also about them. I am a part of the RLDS/Community of Christ (WAY different from the LDS/Mormos) and I my religion is a part of Christianity, but a one that also believes in those Golden Plates that Joeseph Smith translated. Those Golden Plates are called the Book of Mormon.

After translating them, Joeseph Smith teamed up with Brigham Young, and they traveled all the way from the state of New York to Independence, MO. But, Brigham Young broke away from Joeseph Smith, because he had lots of beliefs that were different form Joeseph's: and because of that, he went ahead and created a new religion. The LDS or Mormon church. Brigham Young's beliefs franged from the belief in the Book of Mormon, sexism, the segregation of religions (I.E., You can only go into their churches if you are part of the faith, or they won't take you for a job if you are not Mormon etc.), and the whole polygamy thing. So, if you really want to blame somebody for creating all of these stupid rules, don't blame Joseph Smith. Blame Brigham Young.

Also, after Brigham Young broke away, Smith went on to Create the Community Of Christ Church (Used to be RLDS a long time ago). And as me being a part of that religion, I also believe in another one of
the Books that Joeseph Smith wrote, the Doctorine of the Covenants. But, we do not believe in any of that sexist crap, or the being nice will get you into Heaven crap, or the segregation of religion crap. We just don't. We may have weird beliefs, but what ever you do, never throw the Community of Christ in the same lot with Mormons as we usually are.

Also, admirker444 is right. There could potentially be a conspiracy in the skunkworks of the Mormon faith. I know that it is unlikely that it is real (I have Mormon faith connections that I talk to often) but it is at the same time
the most real thing ever told. In their temples (not churches, temples), they only allow Mormons, but not only that, they only allow a select few that follow every single rule that they have. That includes sexism, no drinking (which to them is everything besides water and flavored water... I think...*_*), for men, you HAVE to dress in a black tie, white shirt and black pants EVERY DAY, and certain other beliefs, like that Jesus came for outer space or something
. And if you follow every one of these rules, you can get into their temples. You know those really big Catholic and Baptist churches, you know, those Megachurches? Some of the Mormon temples puts those TO SHAME. Trust me, I would know. I have toured two before they opened for Mormon purposes, and they are really immense (The one in St. Louis by I-70 and the one in Nauvoo, IL). They have every single room you could imagine, and more. And because only the die-hard Mormons are only allowed in, we have no idea what goes on in there. Even Vladimer can tell you that. So, if there is any kind of Conspiracy going on in the Mormon faith, we would have to get a die-hard Mormon to spill the beans (that attends a Temple by the way), or become a mole in the Mormon faith. There really is no other way.

So, upon reasonable doubt, we can assume that the Mormon faith can be a NWO conspiracy.

[edit on 15-6-2007 by TechnoFan21]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

As I stated before, if you're not hired due to religious beliefs, then why not file a lawsuit? It seems to me that you have grounds for one.

I have looked into a lawsuit. I was told to forget it basically for my wife's sake.

A previous family similiar to mine tried the same approach. The husband was a doctor, the wife was like me trying to gain employment. She ran across rampant sexism from the mormons (besides being the wrong religion). She had problems dealing with the locals on many things. Once she had a problem with the local construction company...they wouldnt start work on a roof repair until the husband called to confirm he was okay with it. She couldnt get a job despite her credentials either (apparently she was some drug research coordinator).

She took a lawsuit to court against the construction company for sex discrimination. The judge (also a mormon) tossed it out.

She took a lawsuit against a local company here because of their hiring practices (no women besides secretaries).

She took a lawsuit against the local hospital after they hired an unqualified candidate over her (similiar to me, someone totally unqualified got the position over a vastly more qualified candidate).

In the end, it hurt her husband's career. He wasnt offered partnership. He wasnt getting referrals. Things got so bad for them, they couldnt get any contractor to return phone calls or make a bid on some remodel work they wanted done on their house. Their daily paper wouldnt show up sometimes. Even the local landscape company they used to take care of their lawn stopped showing up.

They ended up moving out of the area. I was told this as a warning when I had talked with a casual friend (we have no close friends here as we arent mormon) about my options. The message, sue and you'll be an outcast. Dont complain, keep your mouth shut, and maybe your wife's career wont suffer was the message.

A lawsuit is out. I'll get no support from the community or judges when theyre all on the same side. Moving isnt really an option with two kids, a mortgage and other bills.

As sad as it may be, Im actually considering joining this cult just so I can get a stinkin job

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Who would he sue? The church? The town? What about his wife's job? If the town's run by mormons, suing the mormons could be a move that backfires greatly.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Mormonism is not a cult.

You make it out as if Mormons are these very bad and horrible people, and that is simply not the case. If a judge threw out a case because of religious preferences, then he's not doing his job, and that person should have taken the next step and gone to the state level. Mormons are not threatening people, as you're making them out to be. That is simply not the case.

If you are not getting hired because of religious preferences, then do what that other person could not do, and take it to the state level. Mormons don't run Idaho, so I"m pretty sure you could make some headway.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Mormonism is not a cult.

You make it out as if Mormons are these very bad and horrible people, and that is simply not the case. If a judge threw out a case because of religious preferences, then he's not doing his job, and that person should have taken the next step and gone to the state level. Mormons are not threatening people, as you're making them out to be. That is simply not the case.

If you are not getting hired because of religious preferences, then do what that other person could not do, and take it to the state level. Mormons don't run Idaho, so I"m pretty sure you could make some headway.

Mormons aren't but like with most religions there are many who use it for wrong. I remember seeing on dateline about mormons in Utah who say child molestation is common among their sect of momonism, and the child molestors are protected by the community.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Those people are extremist Mormons and are shunned by the main branch of the church. They have no affiliation with standard Momronism.

It's just like Baptists and Temple Baptists. I know personally that Baptists are good people, but Temple Baptists are a more extremist version of Baptists, and are similar to what admriker is experiancing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join