It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush meets pope, promotes U.S. AIDS work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Bush meets pope, promotes U.S. AIDS work

news.yahoo.com

ROME - President Bush, denounced by tens of thousands of anti-American protesters on the streets of Rome, defended his humanitarian record on Saturday to Pope Benedict XVI, who expressed concern about "the worrisome situation in Iraq."

Bush also sought to shore up relations with Premier Romano Prodi, whose center-left government has been heavily critical of U.S. policies. While Prodi has withdrawn Italian forces from Iraq, Bush thanked him for Italy's leadership.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The AIDS initiative in Africa is an interesting premise and I view it with suspicion. Its clear that eventualy labor cost in SE Asia specificaly China will rise. Chinas economic growth has been fueled by a total lack of environmental controlls but more importantly a huge souce of cheap labor (be it slave / prisoner / or otherwise) That source is getting older and with rigid population controls the number of workers will drop eventually.

I think this is a NWO type effort to seed the next cheap labor source. In 20-30 years Africa will be prime for industrial exploitation. Large population base, cheap labor etc etc etc

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

SR

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Forgive what i fear is my ignorance on the matter but it's all well and good for the Pope to call for AIDS schemes etc. now. But after all it was the enforcement of Catholic doctrine of no contraception by Vatican endorsed missionaries that helped create the epidemic in the first place as a great deal of the people were taught it was God's will. It seems the Vatican is doing alot of back peddling these days which i also am starting to find suspicious. George Bush think's he'll impress Italy or buy himself a ticket to heaven by trying to bail the Vatican out of a mess they helped create with more money?

[edit on 9-6-2007 by SR]

join