It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I easily create tags?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've noticed some pretty neat tags out there and was wondering how to create them.

Let's say I don't want to open up an account in photobucket or any other site like that, is it possible to copy/paste pics?

Do I need to right click the properties of the pics and copy the url, then paste?

In other words, what's the shortest route from point A to B?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You could just copy the URL, but the owner of the website hosting the image may not like you using their bandwidth for your tag, or may even have software installed that would prevent it being shown on another page. The best thing would be to upload it to your ATS upload space or to a free service like imagehack. You don't even need to enroll to use imageshack, you just upload or put the URL there and it will host it for you and give you an img URL www.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
You could just copy the URL, but the owner of the website hosting the image may not like you using their bandwidth for your tag, or may even have software installed that would prevent it being shown on another page. The best thing would be to upload it to your ATS upload space or to a free service like imagehack. You don't even need to enroll to use imageshack, you just upload or put the URL there and it will host it for you and give you an img URL www.imageshack.us...

I'll give the imageshack one a go.

I'll let you know if it worked.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If you want to make your own tag you would have to host it somewhere, like photobucket or imageshack.

I used Paint to make mine...

But if you are taking the picture from some other website just get the url and copy + paste it. But listen to what DJ said...

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
If you want to make your own tag you would have to host it somewhere, like photobucket or imageshack.

But if you are taking the picture from some other website just get the url and copy + paste it. But listen to what DJ said...

I hear you. The last thing I want to do is get myself in hot water with other hosting sites.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Lies

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Lies

Lies?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I use the ATS store and spend my points on upload space.
All the images I post are hosted on the ATS server so they never expire like so many of the free services like imageshack.

I just find it very handy, and I don't think there is a limit on how much space you use, as long a you have the points to pay for it.

You can use an image more than once with the same link:

And I especially recommend it for things like your avatar or signature images.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Lies?

I'm 400% sure you didn't just use Microsoft Paint to make that tag.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oops

Paint.Net. It says Paint in the name! Sorry for cutting off .net....I didn't know people were that picky.

I used Paint.net to make my tag.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I used Paint.net to make my tag.

and here is the link, for anyone who would like to try it.

www.getpaint.net...

I have it. It's a halfway decent program, although it is still in developement.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

and Pigs fly no way in hell you made that in paint unless you have some enhanced paint which no one on the planet has yet?

if so can i have a copy?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Psstt...bodrul....look at my post 2 posts above...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Psstt...bodrul....look at my post 2 posts above...

seen
i will stick with adobe

top topics

join