It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

very strange phonecall today!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reasons to hire a lawyer:

he's going to beat your coworker to a pulp and he will need his attorney to bail him out

he's going to accuse your coworker of some wrongdoing and the attorney will be with him to serve papers

(some humor in that but some possibilities as well)

in all honesty, if you had some sweet piece of supernatural activity on film, who ya gunna call? Ghostbusters. Then an agent to represent you. They are more likely to be of assistance as a lawyer might be skeptical and not even let you into the waiting room whereas an agent doesn't care what you have, they only care if they can find a way to make money on it.
In the process of finding the highest bidder, they would protect your asset via whatever means would suffice for the material in question.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I guess we'll just have to wait til it comes out on the news or til it gets posted in here, which i don't think will be happening anytime soon
Maybe the guy really is looney and just wants to get back at your co-worker. But without any video to prove anything, I don't think i buy this story

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
"It's going to be on FOX, CNN, NBC" etc etc. lol... you are making it sound like this is going to be some sort of revolutionary video that is going to change the world.

So let's say it is... what do you think the chances are that the story of this revolutionary video just happened to cross paths with someone who frequently visits an Alien/UFO forum and obviously has much interest in the subject? That doesn't make much sense to me...

What is even the point of this thread if you don't even have the video or anything? Are you just trying to build up some lame suspense about a video that we will probably never see, and if we do see it, it will probably just be some smudge in the sky...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
while I am usually one of the first skeptics to go vocal with my opinions on a topic, let's give hikix the the benefit of the doubt. For starters, he has yet to say anything other than he overheard a conversation and was then filled in with the info which is coworker says is nothing more than the rantings of a loon.

He hasn't made any claim beyond that (yet) so why not let him try and figure the next step out before we hang him out to dry? this isn't someone who joined and posted something off the wall. He's been around for a little while now and he's active in areas beyond aliens and ufos which most of the folks promoting b.s. tend to not do.

so, sit back, let him talk to the coworker, the dude with the film etc and then let's hang him by his skivvies from the highest flagpole.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
in all honesty, if you had some sweet piece of supernatural activity on film, who ya gunna call? Ghostbusters. Then an agent to represent you.

I'm going to make a big assumption here. I hear what you're saying, but what if this guy is not a long-time resident (there's my assumption). he may not know how to navigate our particular way of doing things and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been told, "If you get in any kind of anything in America, your only recourse is a lawyer." I mean, it's not like Ghostbusters is in the phone book. he may want money, sure. But if his knee jerk reaction is call a lawyer, I can understand that.

So, just like our prison inmate guy a coupla weeks ago who was playing with us, I hope we can give some encouragement for now and see what develops.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I hope this is true I would like to see the video.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
listen im not making this up, i am just giving you second hand info. Maybe he has nothing, maybe he has something. Im keeping my fingers crossed but im realistic.

Maybe he say a helicopter and he hasnt been in the country for long its the first time he has ever seen one!!!! listen, i have no idea what he saw, maybe its a load of crap, but i thought since we are all friends i would give you the heads up and try my hardest to get what he has.

as far as him saying its going to be on cbs, nbc, fox, etc... i didnt say that, thats what this guy said.. hes obviously very excited about what he caught on film.... but hes hiring a lawyer and getting the video copyrighted. Sooooooooo, i think this guy is def looking to get paid for what he has. I will stay on top and let you guys know.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm having a really hard time with understanding why this thread is so hot and flagged so heavily based on...... something overheard?

WTF?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
I'm having a really hard time with understanding why this thread is so hot and flagged so heavily based on...... something overheard?

WTF?

That's what I'm saying. On another board I frequent you are allowed to put advertisements in your signature, so people make certain types of threads to catch people's attention and get a lot of threadviews. This thread reminds me of that, except we don't promote anything in our sigs lol. Weird... people just love suspenseful stuff I guess...

[edit on 8-6-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, I'm all for giving hikix time to sort this out, and tell us when he knows more. He has said that he knows nothing more than he has already told us, and he's not promoting anything.

I know that there's a flurry of hype right now in looking for hoaxers, but he just gave us information of something to look for.

I flagged this so it would show up for me when I went looking for threads to follow up on, and I doubt these few flags are going to win a WATS, if this turns out to be nothing.

And I do appreciate being clued in on something to watch for on other forums that I visit. He was trying to do us all a favor, so all I can say about this thread being put up, is a BIG thanks. I'm glad he thought of us enough to tell us.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
hahaha i love how i only get one star for telling you guys a story that i overhead yesterday. Sorry if i pushed some peoples buttons, but this could turn into something big or it could be nothing.

But i started this thread for 2 reasons

1. Considering all the hoaxes of late, i have info on something that may possibly be something of substance. And if a video does come out that was released by a muslim in NY (whatever the video may be) then you can at least have some assurance it is most likely not a hoax.

2. I am just telling you my story, and it sparked an interest. Sorry, for getting people all worked up about it... you dont have to take that out on me, unfortunetly i cannot dictate the reactions or actions of other people besides myself.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
hikix, I'm not sure yet just how the star thing translates, but on my page it shows three stars by the original post. That translates as a solid contribution, which is what I felt you were trying to do for us, contribute.

However, down on your avatar it shows two stars, which must mean that your other posts got ranked lower.

Whatever. Here's my view:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
At my job today my co-worker sitting next to me received a phonecall from a former client of his. I wasnt really listening to the convo but i did hear him say something concerning a religious experience, or something to that matter.

When he got off the phone he said "my client is out of his freaking mind, he just told me that he was filming a star and caught a supernatural event on the camera, he wouldnt tell me what it was but he hired a lawyer and told me that it is going to be all over fox new, nbc, cbs, etc."

Ok, a Star?! Like a movie star?

Bah, this is all gossip, rumor, and speculation, everything that FUELS ignorance....

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why would he want to disclose his "supernatural" event to a mortgage broker? Because he wants "smart people" on his side?

It sounds like he really is nuts. (I don't mean to offend mortgage brokers, but wouldn't there be more appropriate people to show such an event to.)

The OP's work partner is right, the guy is very nuts. I would not meet this guy to view this.

apc

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

hahaha i love how i only get one star for telling you guys a story that i overhead yesterday. Sorry if i pushed some peoples buttons, but this could turn into something big or it could be nothing.

I've noticed the stars tend to be used more to further individual bias and opinion rather than actual ranking of post content and effort.

When do you expect to have more conclusive information?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why all the secrecy with your co-worker? I need to meet with you, a lawyer, stay puffed marshmallow man and Tommy Lee Jones.

He filmed something supernatural in the sky while filming a STAR. I am going out on a limb and guessing it wasn't JESUS.

What is "something supernatural" in the night sky? The whole stars and planets thing is "Supernatural" in a way.

I would have looked for an "April Fools!" but it's June.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
hikix, I'm not sure yet just how the star thing translates, but on my page it shows three stars by the original post. That translates as a solid contribution, which is what I felt you were trying to do for us, contribute.

However, down on your avatar it shows two stars, which must mean that your other posts got ranked lower.

The deal on stars is here. It just started, so don't worry about it too much. It isn't averaged out yet. Once the majority of posts are 'in the system' it should reflect the average rating of your posts. meanwhile, a very new person who made one good post that gets a five will show a five on the avatar. That doesn't 'seem fair,' but just wait, it'll go down with subsequent posts. If it doesn't, good for him!

Edit: Little more info. It looks like you can ratchet up a post one star at a time, so if you get one star, the next guy can ratchet you up a notch, next guy can do another, so that the post doesn't stay static if it's rep improves. But it can also be abused. If you get a tag team going that ratchet each other at five from the beginning, it really is the opinion of a clique and not the group as a whole.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag

At my job today my co-worker sitting next to me received a phonecall from a former client of his. I wasnt really listening to the convo but i did hear him say something concerning a religious experience, or something to that matter.

When he got off the phone he said "my client is out of his freaking mind, he just told me that he was filming a star and caught a supernatural event on the camera, he wouldnt tell me what it was but he hired a lawyer and told me that it is going to be all over fox new, nbc, cbs, etc."

Ok, a Star?! Like a movie star?

Bah, this is all gossip, rumor, and speculation, everything that FUELS ignorance....

Oh great, not this "denying ignorance" crap again.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Uh the motto for ATS is Deny Ignorance, welcome to ATS.

And nowhere does the person or this overheard conversation mention a star in the sky or anything celestial for that matter, just a "star".

Everyone can assume all they want, that's all this topic really is about.

So by all means... carry on.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Why would he want to disclose his "supernatural" event to a mortgage broker? Because he wants "smart people" on his side?

It sounds like he really is nuts. (I don't mean to offend mortgage brokers, but wouldn't there be more appropriate people to show such an event to.)

The OP's work partner is right, the guy is very nuts. I would not meet this guy to view this.

my intuition is telling me that he wants this guy on his side to manage his money when he becomes a millionaire!!

I have no further info on this story, hopefully i will on Monday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join