It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis? Odd Experience..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, this morning I woke up and couldn't move any part of my body. I knew I was having sleep paralysis because I've had it before.
This time it was a little different though. I was facing the wall to my left and my eye sight seemed odd. It was like I was watching a old movie, but with color.
Now I was trying my hardest to move, and I felt myself moving and I had sat up on the side of my bed, but then I suddenly was back laying down like before where I eventually just went back to sleep.

Now what struck me as VERY odd was that, while browsing these forums, I realized that when I was paralysed, I was laying down at the foot of the bed, but when I awoke I was back in my normal position.

Any idea what happened?

-Will

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
i get that all the time. You were probably hallucinating. The other day i could sware that my alarm clock was going off and people were laughing in the house, but alas, none of it was going on. Also when i try to move, sometime i do...well at least i think i do but i wasnt. and sometime i even see myself sleeping in bed. So what you were experincing was normal by my standards.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It's been proven that sleep deprivation has been known to cause hallucinations.

I once stayed awake for 70 hrs. straight programming a game, and the keys on the keyboard told me to go to bed.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have odd experiences like that all the time.

For instance, about two years ago I was awakened by a loud BANG, as if something had fallen to the floor. I, laying on my side, opened my eyes and saw one of my cats jump into view and stop and stare at me.

"Aah," I thought. "The cat knocked something off of my desk or dresser." But then I remembered that my door is always closed because the cats are not allowed into my bedroom since their fur makes me sneeze.

I closed my eyes for split second, opened them again and the cat was gone. Now I was fully awake. I had seen my bedroom as it was, but dreamed the cat. The loud noise? Never happened. I dreamed that, too.

Very weird. But kinda cool.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis almost everytime I go to sleep if no electronics are on, like tv,radio,etc.
I remember reading about if it happens too often you can get medication for it or something..

What I was wondering though, if this might be related to OBEs. Seeing as how when I was trying to move, it was like I thought myself to do it.

-Will

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis occurs to me only when i venture into new experiences and my thoughts and perceptions on the experince are totally new to me.. i usually dream about it later that night.

My brother has been sleep talking alot lately and it's actually creeping me out.. I'm awake at 1am and i hear my brother mumble..then i hear creaks in the house!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis occurs to me only when i venture into new experiences and my thoughts and perceptions on the experince are totally new to me.. i usually dream about it later that night.

My brother has been sleep talking alot lately and it's actually creeping me out.. I'm awake at 1am and i hear my brother mumble..then i hear creaks in the house!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think you woke up twice. Once in a dream then again for real. I've done this many times and I've had a couple of real frights. One time I woke up reading a UFO book. I actually thought I was awake and as I was reading I noticed my name and address in the book. I couldn't believe my eyes so I read on and there it was again. The next sentence said I was due for a visit by aliens. Suddenly my bedroom door crashed open and an ugly "grey" type entrity stood there in the hall. Well, I jumped right off my bed trying to escape but my backside seemed glued to the bed. I pulled and pulled and was terrified. Then I woke up again, lying on my stomach with my arms underneath me. My god I nearly had a heart attack. I think it's actually a form of out-of-body experience whilst sleeping. Who knows, maybe we all do that every night anyway. And the experience you had was that you probably woke up whilst still not right back in the body, if you know what I mean.

top topics

join