It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Technology Traffic Cam Google Hack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This camera was found using Google (smart
searching techniques) and is a traffic cam using some smart 'recognition' technology, what are all of the features that this camera are recording?

Anyone familiar with this technology or work with it?

trafficcams.cet.unomaha.edu...

ps, its much better in the daytime, when I first spotted it, there are many like this, many in the UK, many in Germany and in the US.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Let me take a stab at it. I like remote cams like this, can watch them for quite a while.

WATC - Wide Area Traffic Control
ITS - Interactive Traffic Signal
WB - West bound
NB - North bound
SB - South bound
EB - East bound
Pacific @ 67th - Streets

I believe the traffic itelf controls the lights. When a viehicle drives across the sensors they are triggered and timed.

[edit on 7/6/07 by Rhain]

[edit on 7/6/07 by Rhain]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nice, yes looking at the red-green patterns, it seems its weight signal controlled, and may change to "timer" controlled during the day.

What are the Ø3 - Ø6 numbers that appear when cars are approaching I wonder? Also the arrows are interesting. Most of the traffic cams Ive seen so far are just images of the traffic load in a visual format, not the SMART type that this one has...

ANy other links!?

PS, look at the cam now, its freakin' out lol. It has flashing red yellow signals now. It was showing a proper red, and the cars are shown to stop, but now...

[edit on 7-6-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My best guess would be camera number. These screens have severe screen burn, I assume they are on 24/7.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Actually with regards to the glitch in the cameras and the flashing red-yellow that can be seen now, I believe that in rural areas late at night, the signals go into a flashy mode, always red in one direction until triggered and flashing yellow in the other direction, which I think you alluded to...

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Nice, yes looking at the red-green patterns, it seems its weight signal controlled, and may change to "timer" controlled during the day.

Actually weight has nothing to do with it. the circular rings in the road at a stop light operate on the principal of inductance. when a metallic vehicle drives over the sensor, the inductance of the sensor (coiled wire) changes. just like a iron cored transformer. The iron increases the inductance of the coil. therefore the sensor detects a car is there and operates accordingly.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by 1freelectron]

top topics

join