It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Ron Paul - Five Million Dollar Man?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

GOP Ron Paul - Five Million Dollar Man?

www.freemarketnews.com

Congressman Ron Paul’s donations have moved up - not by hundreds of thousands - but by millions as a result of his debate performances and groundswell of support on the Internet and in New Hampshire, observers close to the campaign say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Finally the one thing that worried me about Ron's run for president is looking up.
No matter what happens, the person who raises the most campaign money as well as increases sharply in the poles typically gets the party nomination. With out the nomination lack of funds prevents moving to an independent ticket.
Ron is on his way.
I look at the the amount of votes Ron gets on the polls after the debates and it is astounding how large the difference is from the mass medias numbers. It clearly shows the numbers the media reports are FAKE!!
Ron's comments always get applause even though they are clearly 180 degrees away from every other candidate. Our country is on the verge of getting a real American for President.

www.freemarketnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Im not american

but this is good news.

keep in mind that nothing will change if he is elected. if it does he will be killed.

what will you do if he dies after being elected.

think anyone would try and run again?

this man will be made an example of if you ask me. it will be messy.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm hesitant to get too optimistic about it because after the last two elections I'm beginning to wonder just how relevant the popular vote actually is. I mean, couldn't they trick most Americans into thinking the polls front-runner is whoever they want us to think, rather than the actual most popular candidate.

Most Americans get all of their news from the Mainstream Media and don't look for outside sources at all. What's more for those who do find other sources of information and show it to average-minded people, those people will say that only mainstream media sources have an credibility at all. Do you see where I'm going with this?

They could just keep portraying Ron Paul or whoever as an underdog with little chance of winning and never let on how well he is doing. If they were all in on it together we would never know otherwise. I wonder sometimes about what the media did to Dean, with that weird noise he made and blew it all out of proportion. Maybe they just thought he was doing a little too well and decided to find something they could pick on him about.

Just an idea.

Edit: In reply to Tom Goose, I don't think that everyone in the government is drinking the KoolAide. There is a possiblity that someone could be elected who has a different power base. That type of person might be able to stay alive long enough to make a positive difference, or at least unveil some of what has been happening. Maybe that is wishful thinking on my part but you never know.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by AmethystSD]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Rudy spent 6 million out of the 18 mil he raised. Ron spent $100k out of the 500k he raised as of March 31.
Ron is getting more Talk shows than Rudy. (check the clips out on youtube)

He is also being very smart with the internet.
Rudy is his biggest threat, and Rudy has lots of skeletons that Ron Paul is slowly bringing to light. Namely his fake expertise on security.

If he really has 5 million, then when the numbers are officially released, the media will have to list it on their website. Since everyone knows historically the richest campaign gets the most votes, Ron could win the nomination.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's great Ron Paul is raising big money. It will carry him through the primaries.

He will never be elected, though.

He serves a very useful purpose. Throughout the debates he keeps it as real as possible. And he cannot be shut up. He's live and direct. We Americans eat that sh*& up.

The Dems have the same dual phenomenon going on in the race for the Democratic nomication: Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel.

Between the three of them mixing it up in the normally stolid debates, we oughtta get a little taste of the truth.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I for one am also backing Ron, he reminds me of Ian McKellen (gandalf from LOTR) but without the awesome voice. Like another poster mentioned, those who are the 'real' power will have him assassinated because he wants to give the power of the government back to the people and to cut down all the corruption, but learning from history he will end up like JFK.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
those who are the 'real' power will have him assassinated because he wants to give the power of the government back to the people and to cut down all the corruption, but learning from history he will end up like JFK.

Thankfully this will not happen. They will never let him get anywhere near the nomination.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think he may have a shot at it. Granted, he'll be a dark horse, but stranger things have happened. The political array is set to battle between the two parties, and the two Dem front runners and the two Rep front runners are aiming at each other. Seems like a good thing that he isn't considered a threat yet.

I'm hoping that by the time he is a perceived threat, he'll have the momentum to carry the nomination. Or run as a third party.

And you can bet that if people here worry about his safety, so do a lot of his own people.

It would be a 'squeeze play at home plate' for him to make President, but it could happen. And since he's the only one worth voting for, what do we have to lose by trying?

It's a big boost that more money is coming in, as it takes a lot of green to become President these days.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Keep dreaming RonPaulers. He doesn't have the bank to compete. Its a fact, however sad.

Billionaire NY mayor Michael Bloomberg has a better shot as an Independent.

Especially if he picked Republican Senator Chuck Hagel to run with him.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
He serves a very useful purpose. Throughout the debates he keeps it as real as possible. And he cannot be shut up. He's live and direct. We Americans eat that sh*& up.

The Dems have the same dual phenomenon going on in the race for the Democratic nomication: Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel.

Between the three of them mixing it up in the normally stolid debates, we oughtta get a little taste of the truth.

I couldn't agree with you more ECK - these three men have given both parties serious fits. The common sense, every-man comments that they have made in the debates speak directly to the general public and have the added benefit of cornering the other candidates.

While I don't believe Paul or Gravel or Kucinich have a snowballs chance of producing a double digit showing in any of the primaries - I do believe they are going to make for some promising (and embarrassing) moments for the "insider" candidates in the weeks to come.

Bleys

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Money or not, just seeing the way he's getting cheated in debates I'm pretty sure the GOP will not nominate him. I honestly believe his best bet would be to go Independent, and campaign real hard. If he can get his word out there enough, and not have to please either party, I think he'd have a good shot at office.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Billionaire NY mayor Michael Bloomberg has a better shot as an Independent.

Oh man .. now I just lost my appetite for dinner!

Seriously though - I'm glad to hear Ron Paul has been bringing in more $$$. The more choices we have - the better. He's a viable candidate and his views mirror those of many in this country who have not had a good choice to represent them.

Good news!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm glad to hear Ron Paul has been bringing in more $$$. The more choices we have - the better. He's a viable candidate and his views mirror those of many in this country who have not had a good choice to represent them.

Good news!

We the people truly like Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel b/c they are real. The establishment hates them and tells us they are not popular in the polls and then snuff them out.

The thing I love about the internet is that the establishment does not control it - yet. And until that happens, we will listen to what we want and formulate our own opinions.

Viva le Democracy! ( and net neutrality!)

top topics

join