It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Due to member demand, the 9/11 forum is now under close staff scrutiny.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
it seems the entire noosphere is being subjected to this.

Just the 9/11 forum, for a time, until the issue subsides.

the flurry of requests by members to shut down the most popular (i'm guessing) forum smacks of a pogrom.

Actually, the 9/11 forum has been falling in popularity for some time.

If you look at our stats (down the page), you'll notice that 9/11 conspiracies is our 9th most popular forum... with Paranormal being 7th.

Also, according to our survey of over 21,000 people, only 4% picked 9/11 conspiracies as their favorite topic, and it ranked third among least-favorite topics.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
What we (staff and memebrs) have noticed about this group is that their individuals (namely, Rick Siegel, Jim Fetzer, Nico Haupt, Coffinman, bsregistration, Killtown , etc etc)

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't agree that Killtown should be lumped in with these other posters. Even though Killtown advocates many of the same theories I don't think he's in the same category as the recent ATS spammers.

Killtown actually lays pretty low, and I noticed he didn't spam the ATS boards when he released his "Hoodwinked in Shanksville" video. And I've also never known Killtown to be personally insulting to people who disagree with him.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
BS - That response just goes to show how if you would only get ONE simple concept as far as posting threads you wouldnt have this response. I would encourage you to continue your research on the position you stand for and defend your right to free speech on this forum.

Its a simple concept, post ONE (1) thread on what your trying to get across and if it doesnt get the response you FEEL your deserve, well, maybe no one on this site really cares. I have posted some threads that I thought would have more responses and they didnt. I just let it be, and hopefully the next thing that I run across that supports my opinion and I post a thread on it, maybe THAT thread might garner the response I THINK it deserves and will open some eyes.

Other than that, dont get so offended. The mods have the INFORMATION to make a decision like this based on FACTS that a certain group may have banded together to HIJACK a popular site. If your part of that group than maybe you should be the bigger member and just say "Your right, I posted a bunch of threads about the same thing and I should of just limited it to one thread" and get on with your life.

Why limit your self to one topic and EXPAND your mind to this Web Site as there are so many more topics you can get involved with to express your viewpoints.

ITS THE INTERNET FOR GOODNESS SAKES. DONT TAKE IT PERSONAL.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by hoochymama]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I've had some folks reply to some of my posts, completely trying to invalidate me and my the ideas I am presenting, throwing in things like laughing smilies. Therefore it was hard to get anywhere with a discussion. And the topic just died because all you get the opportunity to do, while you are surfing threads, is read how stupid and unlikely my ideas were. Basically, a few guys just pounded me with invalidative posts, with no real attempt to see where I was coming from. That's the kind of thing I don't like.

Very frustrating.

Troy

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsregistration
The policy here is one of censorship by the owners.

Nothing has been censored. All your threads and posts still exist. You're still welcome to engage our members and help them understand your theory.

And in fact, many of your threads are now very well-ranked on logical Google searches on your topics thanks to our efforts of search optimization on ATS. I believe that might be considered the opposite of censorship.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
The namecalling aint the problem. What some call "making everyone play nice", I call censorship. If someone can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen. The real problem is disinfo and probably deliberate disinfo at that, as the mods implicitly recognize.

No. The real problem is that some newly joined posters have in a way hijacked the entire 9/11 forum by creating multiple threads regarding only one thing. They have also been attacking anyone asking legitimate questions as "shills." The No-Plane TV Fakery crew are welcome to their opinion, but they are not welcome to shove it in my face and demand i believe their flimsy evidence then call me a "shill" because I refuse to.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As a member of several busy forums on various subjects, it's quite normal to see threads closed for duplicate topics with administrative links to the related thread.

The mods here have a tough job enforcing SEARCH before you post, but it's normal
in most other well managed forums.

Spamming, trolling, abusive posts and offensive language should not be tolerated.

This is not saying we can not have a heated debate, but in many cases certain members
carry things too far.

It's unfortunate that our search for answers about the events of 9/11 now have so
many sincere people classified as "nut jobs" "wackos" "crazy CTers" and the like.

We are not all the same, but some members tend to take us all down with them
and they are the one's being used as examples to discredit valid research.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsregistration
Goodbye. If you want to learn about 911 you won't be able to do it at ATS. The policy here is one of censorship by the owners.

See now here is the real rub. I personlly think what you presented was bunk. And I am a not crazy about the way you presented it by shotguning multiple threads in multiple forums that all adressed the same thing to see which threads would stick.

But I will defend your right to present your ideas and debate it in a civil manner.

Ignoring questions and dismissing people is acting pretty much like the pant loads in DC. Acting like them will definately make your motives very suspicious to any conspiracy theorist.

ATS is indeed their playground. And yeah, you got to play by their rules. But I don't think they are unreasonable. And in all fairness to the staff, they have given you more latitude than I might have in their position. I mean you must admit, you did kick up quite the hornet's nest as far as activity goes around here. And you put a good number of people to task to think clearly.

edited for a typo

[edit on 8-6-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The accusation of censorship is ridiculous.

Anyone coming to the site can do a search and find volume after volume of insanity on a number of subjects that might get you ostracized if you discussed them in 'normal' settings.

How is it censorship to demand a reasonable level of decorum, in the name of the greater good? How can anybody talk about anything, if there are swarms of screaming malcontents charging back and forth and every which way? It's like a library, use your inside voice and show a little restraint.

All of these people have managed the first step, they've started to question the truth they see around them. What they're forgetting is that they have to constantly question their own truth, or all else is lost.

:shk:

Think whatever you want, and present whatever ideas you want to present, just don't curse and scream and insult everyone who walks in on you while you're expectorating your theories. You wanna call that censorship, be my guest, just don't expect anyone to listen to anything you have to say, if you keep on saying it in such a way.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Good work.

These people in question love to spread their truth and call anyone who disagrees a shill, then stick them on ignore.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
The accusation of censorship is ridiculous.

Anyone coming to the site can do a search and find volume after volume of insanity on a number of subjects that might get you ostracized if you discussed them in 'normal' settings.

Sorry for the lame post, but that was the funniest things i read all day despite the insanity brought forth today!

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
"The opening posts of all "TV Fakery" threads will be modified to direct users to this thread."
Isn't this the usual policy regarding recent repeat subjects on ATS?
Why single this particular subject/member out?
What's the big bru ha ha?
I've read the threads and while I'm not defending the multiple postings (which were indeed excessive) or the language used, I do however hope the same logic is to be applied to some of the Extremely rude replies garnered by these threads by many of our resident skeptics here. Some of the members replying to these threads have gone beyond skeptical right on to beligerant.
Personally I believe there was indeed some fakery in the coverage of 9-11 and I applaud the efforts to bring them to our attention, but calling the fellow trollish and throwing in the 'handful of supporting characters' bit, well that just sounds kind of Censoresque to me there staff.
Remember the Titor threads? How many of those things were allowed? Take some points, make some post bans, close the extra threads and redirect them, but I really don't understand why is this particular subject is being treated different than any other.

On a somewhat related side note, I've seen some really rude crap being spewed and apparently allowed lately, mostly from what I would consider debunkers, or skeptics. Yeah we might be nut job conspiracy theorists, but if you came all the way here just to tell us that, then you might just have some problems of your own.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
While we are at it here my post from another thread on Hoaxes:

Unfortunately, all too often, the purveyors of the theories causing the most schismatic discussion also tend to push the boundaries of our Terms & Conditions, often to the breaking point.

Why is it that Jack Tripper is allowed to spam his dvd that he is peddling on the internet and also gets his whole own forum as well?

Clearly it's all too complex for your simple mind so I will explain it to you yet again.

You have basically put on a show for everyone that perfectly demonstrates your naive and simplistic mindset.

Just THINK about what a slimebag you truly are for THAT being your contribution to 9/11 truth.

You do realize what a repugnant tool that makes you if our information is valid don't you?

Well guess what? As long as you keep up that illogical, uninformed, badly written, off-base, ignorant, transparent, deceptive, out of control hit-piece on us you have exposed yourself as an attention starved irrelevant traitor who has the blood of countless 10's of thousands on his hands.

Source

And someone like that has his own forum to peddle a Dvd? Using ATS to make money? Against the T+C isnt it? Or are some people more equal then others?

This may be a post about hoaxes but after reading the OP post i think this close scrutiney should apply to Jack Trippers forum as well. Ive read somewhere that Jack Tripper mentioned the word shill (as stated in the OP Post) against someone else and apart from that his group also seems to be ganging up on people when obvious flaws in there DVD are specifically mentioned.

Again if nothing is done about this then it begs the question :

Or are some people more equal then others?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
All Opinions On 9/11 Are Welcome

This is not a new policy, but a reminder that all discussions on ATS are subject to the same rules, including discussions of 9/11.

Every member has already agreed to post honestly, refrain from abusive behavior and cooperate with the staff.

Having strong opinions about 9/11, regardless of what they may be, is not disruptive and sharing those opinions in a civil manner was, is and forever shall be welcome here.

Claims or insinuations to the contrary are false.

On the other hand, tactics such as spamming, baiting, name-calling, derailing threads with off-topic nonsense and refusing to cooperate with the moderators are not welcome.

Why? Because that's how logical discussion of 9/11 is shut down.

Those who use such tactics should take notice and consider a more appropriate way to express themselves.

Those who share their opinions in a courteous manner while staying on topic don't need to change a thing and are welcome to ignore this thread altogether.

We are not asking anyone to change their opinions on 9/11.

We just ask that these opinions be expressed in accordance with our terms & conditions.

To everyone who has already been doing this, please accept my heartfelt thanks, because by doing so you are truly acting to Deny Ignorance.

P.S. All T&C violations are actionable, regardless of what forum they may occur in. If you should see a violation and are concerned that the staff hasn't acted on it yet, please be sure to submit a Complaint/Suggestion. We get a lot of these, so we can't promise a response to every one of them, but we do review all of them and take action if we deem it necessary.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Congratulations.

Timely and appropriate action which will do more to improve the credibility of the "truth" movement on ATS and to protect its integrity than some of its alleged supporters have done recently.

Very welcome, thank you.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Woooo..........The e-NWO begins.....

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, the 9/11 forum has been falling in popularity for some time.

If you look at our stats (down the page), you'll notice that 9/11 conspiracies is our 9th most popular forum... with Paranormal being 7th.

Also, according to our survey of over 21,000 people, only 4% picked 9/11 conspiracies as their favorite topic, and it ranked third among least-favorite topics.

Could that be because its the boring same ol', same ol'.

Enough time has passed now and I believe that the story has got as far as it can. Sure a few new recruits for or against the 911 CT will occur but generally I feel its played out.

People have their own perception / belief of what happened. There is polarisation but it isn't balanced. The majority of the worlds population do not believe in any of the 911 CT's (indeed they may not have heard of them). The same majority don't visit ATS, so anyone posting here thinking they will change world opinion is delusional.

Just because ideas that would have you ostracized or locked up in the real world, can be discussed here doesn't mean that those ideas own the truth.

And calling ATS members who disagree with their position "shills" lacks the required decorum.

Name calling isn't just down to them...the 911 CT'ers have been insulting people by calling none believers "sheeple" for ages and this seems acceptable by ATS. Insulting people will not make a theory, a story or a fairy tale the truth. It just reinforces the belief that CTer's are people obsessed to a point of almost cult like obedience.

Personally in my short time here at ATS I feel that the 911 CT('s) have more protection here than none CTer's. That may be just a feeling.

And before we hear potential complaints of an uneven approach to moderation, YES, long-standing members will indeed be favored over the new participants who have shown no respect.

This I feel is another problem here at ATS. The older members have ownership of the right to be right. Challenge the status quo of a forum, try to rock the safe little boat at your peril. I remember a while back a post saying that all 911 CT deniers should be banned and account locked. I felt then that one should be wary of what you say, don't cross the hallowed CT ground.

Is that really an open forum, if a member can post such a thing and not be banned themselves? Although I suppose that some would say that not to be able to say it could be considered censorship. But is that the mindset of the "oldies"? Without new membership ATS will die. New members do feel like they want to have a voice here but without being called sheeple or being treated like a third class member.

My time here has me believe that there is an elitism at ATS, some members do get preferential treatment. You guys and girls on the inside have difficulty seeing things from the outside. I do have friends that I showed ATS to, who gave up because of the protectionist attitude in some forums. Other things like the fact that a one line question is usually followed by a page long response full of graphics, video and opinion. They query one or two lines of the respondent text and get the come back "sheeple" or a dodgy link to a website. We don't all have time to sit down and research everything. A few indisputable facts is all they need. If those facts exist I am sure someone would have been prosecuted by now though. 911 CTer's are their own worse enemy, they are alienating more people than they are converting.

Guys and girls, ATS is just a talking shop, it won't change the world. But I suppose if you are delusional enough to believe that it will then you are in the right place.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
How about a Member Poll about the continuation of 9/11 as a seperate forum?. It seems many, like me are fed up of the lunatic fringe turning this fantastic site into a 9/11 disinfo wagon. The majority of peeps on this site are a class apart, the question is, do we make a stand against purposeful disinformation, or do you let the lunatics run wild in the Asylum. I do not think this situation should be underestimated. I feel this will be an integral decision, either way defining and paving the way for the future. It will decide in part how this community moves forward. Truth seekers or truth deniers?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thankyou to the three amigo's and all ATS staff on this one

This kind of aggresive subterfuge campaign by Fetzer and co has kept people like myself well clear of making any contribution to some of the more outlandish and mentally insulting claims made by SOME but NOT ALL 9-11 conspiracy theorists. Its ironic that the very thing that Fetzer and his ilk accuse the US government of is what they themselves are doing. Never more perverted a case was there of practicing what you preach I say.

Thanks once again guys you have restored many a faith with this action

LEE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join