It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul slandered again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
To me, Ron Paul seemed to be saying that he would dismantle it in the sense that it would no longer have the power to topple other governments and be a general menace to the world and our own people.

I doubt that he would want to stop gathering intelligence. But the CIA now does a LOT more than just gather intel.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT!!!

I just donated to this man's campaign and everyone, I mean EVERYONE who wants a change in this country should do the same. Now is the time to vote with your checkbooks, people. The time for casting ballots comes later.

Sadly, the "Establishment" is doing everything in it's power to marginilize this man - from slandering and libeling him, to televising fraudulent and biased "Debates" to outright burying him in the media. They are petrified that he might find some traction - or I should say - that he IS finding some traction.

This is the "Soft" war against the establishment and we cannot, must not, let them win. As long as they get their two candidates on the ballot in '08, we lose, they win. We have to give Americans a REAL choice in the future of their country and Ron Paul is one of the few candidates that offers the citizens a choice. DO NOT allow the establishment to negate your ability to change the course of this great nation. Support Ron Paul - donate, get a bumper sticker, put out a lawn sign - whatever - just support him and defeat the establishment. Send them a message that we have had enough and we DEMAND A CHANGE!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul will not harm this country at all by making the rules by the original doctrines of intent for us all. Of which we are failing and far from living out. And just because he has a non interventionist policiy does not mean there wont be interventions. It just means that it will be hoped he chooses the right minds and hearts to carry out any skirmish or intervention if needed ever. I will agree there are inasne dictators in the world, some overt, some covert. The goal with them all is singular and stems from anger and madness which are forms of insanty. People are ignorant and dont know anything about Ron Paul, not saying I know more than the next guy, but I know when a dumbed down society cant read between the lines. Oh sorry ive offended some people...(hands tissues out)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

If personal income taxes are abolished, then what's going to happen to public schools, fire departments, public libraries, law enforcement, and the elderly who depend on their social security checks to survive?

Personally, I oppose abolishing the tax. I would support lowering it on the middle class, and raising it on the ultra-wealthy.

Awww, man. This to me is like watching the neighborhood cool kid you look up to kiss the girl you have a crush on. Heart breaking in the slightest way. Haha..

Federal Income Tax does nothing of the sort. It's strictly paying the interest of the national debt to the Federal Reserve. Essentially, a tax on baseless paper money, created out of thin air, by the millions.

Your very own state tax covers those institutions you've stated above, and the outrageous gas tax and toll roads are responsible to cover everything dealing with automotive commute. Hopefully this clears some things up.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
please people do a little research, it gets tiring when someone brings up abolishing the income tax and someone ALWAYS responds

(well how will we pay for this that ect I don't support abolishing the income tax because this country would fall apart.

The income tax doesn't pay for any of the things the people think it does...

Tabbaco tax, Fuel tax, property tax, and many other local taxes are what pay for the things within your city and state...

not one cent goes to anything which effects your day to day life..

www.uhuh.com...

So please do some research before you discredit a good candidate.

I man people come on.. Ron Paul has a record which reflects his stances, its a constitutional record, he took his oath of office seriously and it shows in that record..

His stances have remained constitutional and true, while the stances of nearly every candidate on stage continue to change and flip flop to get votes...

why do you people want to continue this cycle? this is the cycle which has contributed in large part to why this country is so messed up...

We have candidates with proven records completely contradictory to the things they say now, proven records of lying or deceit, yet you support them?

The party doesn't matter, the oath does, because a good majority of the things these two parties stand for cant even constitutionally be voted on...

everyone knows politicians lie to get into office, the record to find these lies aren't hard to find either.. yet you vote for the guys who have said records of lying and deceit, and ignor a man who has a consistent constitutional voting record?

Wanna know how to vote this country back into a constitutional nation? its easy

Take up these principles, Mind your own business, whats someone says, does, or owns, may offend you, but unless they are violating your individual rights, none of these things are any of your business don't try and force your moral beliefs on others, you don't like gay marriage thats fine don't get married to another person of the same sex, You don't like swearing? thats fine don't swear, You don't like guns? thats fine don't own a gun, your moral beliefs on these issues are just that YOURS don't force them on others through law seeing as LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS are constitutional.

leave these things alone because you have no right to vote on any of them.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by C0le]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I've read a few posts where I tend to disagree with you but we're hand in hand in the same fight here. And I'm related to the man in your avatar. Coincidence? The greys must have something to do with it.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul 08'

We complain all the time about paying high taxes. We complain all the time about gov't intrusion into our lives. We complain all the time that we have a lesser of two evils to choose from(or the south park way of looking at it is we have to choose between a giant douche and a terd sandwich)
. We are in serious trouble with our social security system. We are caught up in an endless, pointless war. Our reputation is in jeopardy all across the world. We will soon surrender our national soverignity and start abiding by U.N. regulations. Illegal aliens cost us billions of dollars a year, making hospitals go bankrupt, collecting welfare and social security after not contributing a single penny into the system. We complain all the time about big gov't, and gov't overspending. I could go on and on, but the point to this post is that there is only one cadidate that will change all of this and i'm going to vote for him and contribute to his campaign.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by admriker444

He supports abolishing persanal income tax

If personal income taxes are abolished, then what's going to happen to public schools, fire departments, public libraries, law enforcement, and the elderly who depend on their social security checks to survive?

Personally, I oppose abolishing the tax. I would support lowering it on the middle class, and raising it on the ultra-wealthy.

I would support taxes for this however there's gas tax, property tax, wheel tax... Its crazy. I believe social security should be protected from the illegals sneaking into the system. This government needs a major overhaul and that would take a miracle.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

He running as a Republican because he has been registered as a Republican for the last 10+ years. He is a social conservative, which does not line up exactly with the libertarian platform. He hasn't left the republican party in its original beliefs, the republican party left him. Plus, he already tried running as a libertarian in 1984 and it was imposible to get anywhere. If you know anything, you know that our current political system is rigged against third party candidates. You just don't stand a chance. As a third party candidate, you simply won't be in any of the main debates covered by the MSM. People keep saying he is a libertarian. Really he is a strict constitutionalist, which means he is against anything that is not explicitly allowed by the constitution like the CIA and makes for a very limited government. If that lines up with libertarian ideas, than so be it. People need to call him what he really is: A strict constitutionalist.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

Public Schools, fire departments and libraries are covered by property taxes. Highways are covered by gasoline taxes. There are already taxes to cover all the things we think our income taxes go far. This is a big lie perpetrated on the American people to make them think that our income taxes are necessary. When Ronald Reagan was President, he formed the Grace Commission. Their research showed that the income tax was not going toward any government services. It was all going to pay the debt to the international bankers of the unconstitutinal banking cartel, the Federal Reserve. If you have limited government like Dr. Paul advocates and get rid of all the unconstitutional governement bureaucracies, you don't need an income tax. If you do some research, you will find out that the 16 amendment was never passed anyway. Read Bill Benson book, "The Law That Never Was". Also, there is no law that requires U.S. citizens to pay income tax. Watch the Google movie "Freedom to Fascism". It was set up as voluntary during the war as a way to get around the constitution. The controllers had already tried to institute an income tax several time before and the Supreme Court ruled against it. They said it was unconstitutional. So, what the controllers did is incrementally change things so that if you volunteer into their faudulant system, they use IRS gastopo tactics to make sure you never unvolunteer. Our founding fathers never intended us to have a graduated income tax, because they new it was a way for the bankers and the elites to control the people and prevent the masses from being prosperous. It is one of the tenets of communism. Ron Paul believes like our founding fathers that we should keep the fruits of our labor.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Lol....

Michael Savage is such a mislead and misleading person pure poison is what he says.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
Lol....

Michael Savage is such a mislead and misleading person pure poison is what he says.

Very true. It is frightening to imagine his supporters sitting there eating up the garbage that he spews. The only thing about him that makes it bearable to even hear the mention of his name, is to know that his REAL name is Michael Weiner. en.wikipedia.org...(commentator) I know, I know... imature humor but comeon... it is funny.

"You're on the Weiner Nation, with your host... MICHAEL WEINER!". Makes me chuckle.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
Lol....

Very true. It is frightening to imagine his supporters sitting there eating up the garbage that he spews. The only thing about him that makes it bearable to even hear the mention of his name, is to know that his REAL name is Michael Weiner. en.wikipedia.org...(commentator) I know, I know... imature humor but comeon... it is funny.

"You're on the Weiner Nation, with your host... MICHAEL WEINER!". Makes me chuckle.

Wow he ruined some names of current Savages out there.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Dont you guys pay like 10% GST or such on everything anyway? Over here that's where our states get a huge source of money to pay for everything. I think OK, stick with a GST, and close the loopholes on corporate tax, and that's really all you need. Personal Income Tax chokes an economy, you really want that money circulating around your local communities, not DC.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It's important that people realize that just because things happen to be a certain way now, that doesn't mean it's always been that way. The income tax is a relatively new invention. The State of NH has no State income tax and they survive. They have the same expenses other states have.

And the CIA? How many times have you heard the phrase "intelligence failure" in recent years? The CIA is broken. Their mission is suspect and their oversight seems to be non-existent. Just because Dr. Paul wants to end the CIA doesn't mean he's saying he wants to end intelligence gathering. Just that he wants it done in a more accurate, accountable and effective manner.

Ditto for the other federal agencies he wants to close. Most have become so bureaucratically huge that they can barely manage themselves --- let alone accomplish their stated missions. Dr. Paul wants to re-structure those agencies so they canactually accomplish something for a change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join