It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheyenne Mountain Facility to be moved

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ok I am going to say it, what about unknown off world-er types? That is part of the reason Cheyenne mountain was established. All threats from earth and from space.
Also I worry about the future implications this has for the civilian population of the US.
If it is now going to be used for us as in the past to protect and serve our highest security, or is it going to be used solely for the continuity of gov. agencies like FEMA, DOD, Dept. of Homeland defence, and all of the top white house personnel in the event of a major malfunction of circumstances beyond our sights right now.
I really wonder if they know something is headed our way. It makes me think of invading forces first and then possible collision with meteorites or comets, and then even a major earthquake that could throw 1/4 of America into a state worse than what we saw go down in Louisiana. And with the possibility of a total collapse of the USD.
We all know that all hell would break out if this unpredictable administration declares martial law between now and the next months prior to elections. Noone I know would be surprised.
I was feeling bad about the state of our Union, but this just made me feel worse. And a whole lot less secure about things in general.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That is correct. NORAD was specifically established with the task of 'identification, acquisition and neutralization of unidentified flying objects'. The ‘cold war’ with Russia was a scam specifically established to create an ‘enemy’ , the fear and threats from, and protection against would act as a ‘cover’ for what the real task was. In fact we were allied with Russia on the UFO problem and exploration of space.

The National Security Agency which was established in 1952 conceived NORAD and used the ‘cold war’ as an excuse to establish radar and ‘listening posts’. NORAD’s earlier incarnations were the Airborne Early Warning aircraft and the Pine Tree Line.

Real life drama scenarios were concocted on a regular basis to keep the public on their toes. Suez, U-2 shootdown, Cuban missile crises, Viet Nam and hundreds of other operas were staged and choreographed to keep not only America, but the world’s eyeballs focused on anything but what was really going on.

And what was going on and what began as the identification, acquisition and neutralization of unidentified Flying objects became the multinational conduct of extraterrestrial affairs which includes exploration, commerce, trade and mining.

If you think that there is really a terrorist threat, a threat from China, a threat from Russia, a threat from an incoming asteroid or threat of invasion from ET’s, you have your eye on the ball. But it’s the wrong ball.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
JOHN!!! Now you simply cannot leave with just that said... Please expound on your last comment. I would love to hear what you think would be our greatest threats to our survival and what your personal thoughts are on the alleged moving of base commands at Cheyenne and how this comes into play with our uncertain future. Thankyou for comments they are always respected and welcome to my ears. I do love to bounce with you!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi I have not abandoned this important thread I have been on vacation and working hard in the gardens for the past weeks.

Now, I have attempted to get more information about the move and how it is going and all I came up with were the same pages I found initially.

Does anyone have any other new news about the move?

I would love to hear of its trials and sucesses, and of the new locations and how they have adapted to having all of this new equiptment and such on board.

Thankyou for your interest.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
The National Security Agency which was established in 1952 conceived NORAD and used the ‘cold war’ as an excuse to establish radar and ‘listening posts’. NORAD’s earlier incarnations were the Airborne Early Warning aircraft and the Pine Tree Line.

No Sir! NORAD was created by US/ Canadian agreement in 1957 to provide air defense for both nations. It wasn't until 1958 that a physical organization was in place.

Here is some info from NORAD's history page:

The common defense of the North American continent traces its history back to 1940 when Canadian Prime Minister Mackenzie King and U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt met to discuss the war in Europe and mutual defense concerns.

In September 1957, the two nations agreed to create the “North American Air Defense Command” (NORAD) headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colo. as a bi-national command, centralizing operational control of continental air defenses against the threat of Soviet bombers. On May 12, 1958, the agreement between the Canadian and U.S. governments that established NORAD was formalized. The agreement included 11 principles governing the organization and operation of NORAD and called for a renewal of the agreement in 10 years.

Source: NORAD Website

NORAD does Air Defense, not eavesdropping. They do however have a space surveillance section that monitors outer space for incoming missiles. 1/2 of NORAD belongs to the Canadian Ministry of Defense, while the other 1/2 belongs to America.

B.T.W. There is NO Pine Tree line. I think you meant the DEW line (DEW stands for Distant Early Warning). This early network of radar stations has now been incorporated into the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System.

DEW Line

Tim

[edit on 7/11/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well, we can always go with the official reports or be open to the possibility it was conceived prior to the public notification of the command post. Remember they were alot more covert about their plans back in the 50's. So for this threads sanity we agree to disagree, ok fellas? That is unless of course John has something more to add. Thanks for your post, and btw do you know what has become of the move? Were there any problems or challenges? Have they made the move yet? How are the new posts handling the new responsibility, and what ever happened to all of the contractors and non military personnel?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey anyone in the Military here that has ANY news on the Cheyene mountain move? I just do not seem to be able to find any new news...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here's an update on the Cheyene Mtn move:

IT MAY NOT HAPPEN!

Apparently, someone added a rider this the National Defense Authorization Act 2007 that asks for a 180-day waiting period to study the feasibility of this move.

SEC. 356. CONDITIONS ON RELOCATION OF NORTH AMERICAN AEROSPACE DEFENSE COMMAND CENTER AND RELATED FUNCTIONS FROM CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN TO PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE.

(a) Submission of Cost-Benefit Analysis and Relocation Plan- The Secretary of Defense may not commence the relocation of or, if previously commenced, continue the relocation of the North American Aerospace Defense command center and related functions from Cheyenne Mountain to Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado, until after the end of the 180-day period beginning on the date on which the Secretary submits to Congress a report containing--

(1) an analysis comparing the total costs associated with the relocation, including costs determined as part of ongoing security-related studies of the relocation, to anticipated operational benefits from the relocation; and

(2) the final plans for the relocation of the North American Aerospace Defense command center and related functions.

(b) Comptroller General Review- Not later than 60 days after the date on which the Secretary of Defense submits the report required by subsection (a), the Comptroller General shall submit to Congress a review of the report and the final plans of the Secretary for relocation of the North American Aerospace Defense command center and related functions.

Sounds like whoever the Senator and Representative is from that part of Colorado is in a pork fight....

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Thanks Behindthescenes, for the update. Seems like the 180 days are coming close if this was all filed in a timely manner after the initial announcement.
If you read John Lear's post above it is interesting how many of the same situations are being presented today as back in the days when Cheyenne Mountain was originally opened.
I checked back in on this thread due to the fact that there are rumors floating around about a new cold war in the possible future. So many similarities, NAFTA, the credit market, housing bubble, Iran, eminent recession, rising fear of terror attack or some cataclysmic event to name just a few of the before mentioned 'distractions'.
What could have so drastically changed since they first made the decission to move?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You mean other than the fact that the Russians have started flying nuclear capable bombers in their old cold war patrol areas again? And that our relations with them are sliding backwards again?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thankyou so much Zaphod for replying to my last post, I was thinking of you when I asked the question. You generally have such down to earth answers and I knew you would be a good one to ask. So what is your take on this big change of heart?

[edit on 30-8-2007 by antar]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have kind of mixed feelings about it. I think they need to shut it down for awhile and do massive upgrades to the systems they currently have, but having it open also makes sense to me as well. I don't think that under current conditions we need the mountain open, but I can easily see things backsliding to where they were years ago when we did need it. It's probably a good thing to leave it open, at least for the next few years until we see where things go with Russia, China, and other nations.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I will submit this piece once again for all to view. Seems the more I read it the more I read into it...

www.gao.gov...

I have not given up on this important news piece. Just waiting for the 180 days to pass before we get more information.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Zap thats as close to a doom and gloom and uncertainty post as you have ever left here. So many things are up in the air right now for certain. Let me know if you find out any more new news on this piece.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You mean other than the fact that the Russians have started flying nuclear capable bombers in their old cold war patrol areas again? And that our relations with them are sliding backwards again?

I'm of the belief that Putin is more dangerous than anyone really lets on, especially Prez Bush, who "looked into his soul" so many years ago and saw a "friend."

I think that alone should have warned me to Bush's foreign policy accumen.

But, aren't the bombers more just a symbolic warning to our missile shield endeavors?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm pulling my hair out here guys! But here is one noteworthy article, a bit lenghty but worth it.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ok now this is just getting stranger folks... You know me I love to move with my hunches, yet I am not liking where theses hunches are leading me today.

Does this all have to do with Martial law being closer than we think?
worldnetdaily.com...

I could spend hours on this site but here is an interesting tid bit...
US Northern Command Pandemic Influenza Chain Training (U)

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would take ANYTHING from Worldnutdaily with a HUGE grain of salt Antar.

As for the bombers, it's largely symbolic but there is still a huge risk of an accident or someone pushing things too far with them and causing a major incident.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
www.northcom.mil...

I think I forgot to post this... silly me.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Stop posting PDFs darnit. My computer HATES them.
But from the little I was able to see of that one, it's a damn good idea to have some kind of training for an epidemic. When Spanish Flu went around the world it almost wiped out the human race. Now with Bird Flu, and the way the Flu virus changes, if one got up to that scale, with air travel and how fast it could get around the world, it would be a disaster that would make Spanish Flu look like a head cold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join