It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul: Middle East involvement 'had to do with oil'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Paul: Middle East involvement 'had to do with oil'

rawstory.com

Finally a Republican candidate for president, Ron Paul, has admitted what many Americans have been saying for years--that the US foreign policy is driven by the needs of big oil. Starting in 1953 when we overthrew the legitimate president of Iran and installed the former Shah and continuing to the present, we send our troops to die and spend our tax money to support big oil.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have long been of the opinion that we went to Iraq to take their oil reserves; it had nothing to do with "democracy" or even WMDs. It is now evident that Bush & Co never believed there were WMDs in Iraq; they just wanted an excuse to get troops on those oil reserves so they could give them to their oil buddies. The fact that they have bankrupted the US treasury, destroyed our military readiness, and killed over 3000 military men and women doesn't seem to register with any of the other 8? Republicans running for president. That is a real disgrace IMO and makes me question whether they are mentally fit to even be president in the off chance that the citizens elect one of them.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Here's hoping he gets a fair chance for election.
I have to wonder if other politicians will take a similar platform on the war.
I need to watch that debate online.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Getting name recognition is the hard part. I think that his overall message is one that many people will go for. I have tried to set up some type of a 'Ron Paul grassroots thing' in my area, but not many people have even heard of him.

I will persist. The real job is just getting people to listen the first time.

apc

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Big oil by default.

More like securing resources before SHTF.

top topics

join