It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you opinions on crop circles?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malakai
the majority of crop circles are man made. but you cannot dismiss all of them, there are, indeed quite a few which hold mysteries that to this day cannot be explained..

Says who ?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Scientific signatures of crop circles not made by humans:

1. On the microscopic level, abnormal enlargement of cell wall pits in bract tissue (a thin membrane which surrounds the seed- head and through which nutrients pass to the developing seed) are found.

2. Enlarged (both laterally and longitudinally) plant stem nodes (the fibrous "knuckle-like protuberances are found along the plant stem, technically called pulvini). Although these stem nodes are often both laterally enlarged ("fatter") and longitudinally enlarged ("stretched"), it has been determined that the node elongation (stretching) was a permanent effect related to the formation energies, and this is the parameter now used.

3a. Marked bending of the plant stem nodes which occurs at the apical (1st node beneath the seed-head), penultimate (2nd node beneath the seed-head) or even the 3rd and/or 4th nodes down the plant stem. Usually this bending, when significant, is in the 45 - 90° angle range and it is not to be confused with two natural plant-recovery processes, phototropism (the plant's natural tendency to reorient itself toward the sun) and gravitropism (the plant's natural resonse to gravity).

Depending upon the growth-stage of the plant at the time it is downed (whether it is young or old) and the species of crop involved, these natural recovery processes - phototropism and gravitropism - begin to take effect within days. Therefore node bending can only be understood as significant when it is known how old the affected crop was at the time the crop circle occurred and, particularly, how many days have elapsed since then. [Young barley, for instance, begins recovery to the up-right position almost immediately and will show significant node bending within a week; young wheat tends to recover slightly more slowly. And mature crop may not reorient itself at all, depending on the amount of vigor inherent in the plants.] But when crop circles are known to have formed during a specific time period and are found within 24-48 hrs., and significant node bending (40° +) is observed, this is an effect that can be attributed to the causative energy system. In some cases canola (rape-seed) plants have been observed to be bent at a full 180°.

3b. Bending at the base of the plant stem is a totally separate condition which is thought by many people to indicate that any formation in which it is found is "genuine" (not mechanically flattened). This type of bending is found at the very bottom of the stem, where it comes out of the earth, and is often quite pronounced.

Although this particular parameter has not been scientifically evaluated, it is known that mechanical flattening (with planks, boards or human feet) of many plants (particularly canola, above) will snap or break the plant stems, rather than bend them. As the summer progresses and the cereal crops - in which a majority of the crop formations occur - dry down, the plants become less and less elastic, making bending at the stem base in these crops perhaps more significant later on in the season.

4. Expulsion cavities (holes blown out at the plant stem nodes), usually found in the 2nd node beneath the seed-head, but in recent years discovered also in the 3rd and 4th nodes all the way down the plant stem. A darkening of the stem node, particularly when expulsion cavities are present, is usually the result of the growth of an opportunistic fungus (Ustilago tritici) which quickly forms on the exudate released from inside the plant stem.

5. Stunted, malformed seeds and germination effects. There are four basic changes to the seeds and germination capability in crop circle plants documented so far. These radically different reproductive effects depend upon the species of crop involved, the growth phase of the plants at the time the crop circle occurs, and the composition and intensity level of the energy system involved (which appears to differ slightly within each event as well as from event to event):
(a) If the crop circle occurs prior to anthesis (the flowering of the plant) and the development of the seed, the somatic (non-reproductive) tissue of the plant will continue to develop normally -- but seed development ceases or is impaired. Normally-formed glumes have been found which are totally devoid of seeds.

b) When crop circles occur at a slightly later growth stage, in young crop where the seed is still forming, the developing embryo fails to grow normally. These seeds will be visually stunted (smaller), will weigh less than their controls, and will exhibit reduced or repressed germination. Here, the reproductive capacity of the plant has been compromised.

(c) When crop circles occur in more mature plants, where the embryo is fully formed or nearly so, the seeds will again be visually stunted and will weigh less than normal, but the effects on reproduction vary. One effect observed has been an alteration in normal growth-habit of the developing seedlings: in species which have a normal variability of growth at particular stages, this variability has been lost -- with the result being that all of the germinating seeds exhibit synchronized growth.

(d) Finally, when crop circles occur in mature plants with fully formed seeds, these seeds often exhibit a statistically significant massive increase in growth rate and vigor, with growth-rate up to five times the rate of the control seeds. Further, these seedlings can tolerate extreme stress (lack of water and/or light) for considerable periods of time without apparent harm.

he plant aberrations described above are thought to be caused by exposure of the plants to a complex atmospheric plasma energy system which is emitting heat (probably microwaves) in association with unusual electrical pulses and strong magnetic fields. The microwave component heats up the internal moisture in the plant stems (even mature crop nearing harvest contains some moisture), turning it to steam. In younger crop, where the external fibers are more elastic, the steam seeps out at the nodes by stretching these fibers; in older crop, where the external fibers are tougher and less elastic, the build-up of steam explodes out from the nodes, creating the holes subsequently found. The final effects on the individual plants depend upon a number factors, including the complexity and intensity level of the microwave component (which varies in each event and from location to location within any given crop circle), the modifying influence of the electrical pulses also involved, as well as the species, variety and age of the plants involved.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by micpsi]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's fairly simple...
they don't need to time travel...they are already here...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think it's rather foolish that some think that all crop circles are made by humans. Oh yeah, some ultra rich genius is going all over the world at night to make these symbols in the fields. Whatever.
To be honest, that's one of the more ridiculous theories that I have heard.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think i remember seeing a video or documentary a few years back that had a team of scientists (or regular joes, I cant remember) and they tried to recreate some crop circles. I believe they used something heavy to push the wheat or crops down in a circular fashion. Now it wasnt to bad looking but they couldn't get an "evenness" to it all like with other crop circles. A few bit would stick up here and there and some would go in weird directions. And it took them forever and by the end of it they were like "Man this was bloody hard work" who in there right mind would want to go around do these for a joke.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hi there guys,
I'm going to go ahead and jump straight into the deep end here.
I'm sure most of you have seen the 'alien face' crop circle from Hampshire, UK.

It shocked me, and the fact that it had binary code was even more exiting.

I wanted to get some feedback on this, Because its one of my theories on where this may be from.

People have de-coded the binary code contained in the large disk shape, it says the following:

"Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.
Much PAIN but still time.
EELRIJUE.
There is GOOD out there.
We OPpose DECEPTION.
Conduit CLOSING [bell sound]"

Strange indeed, the strange way of combining capital and lowercase characters, particularly in the word "OPpose". And what does "EELRIJUE" mean?
The grey on the crop doesn't look happy at all, quite the opposite in fact.
What i thought is perhaps it is another alien race trying to warn us about the greys?
The translation made me think that, When the government do eventually come out, there going to be mentioning free energy, space travel ect..When there could be an even deeper plot at hand.
Just my thoughts!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think people really want to believe and will put any explanation that suits their way of thinking.

If an Alien race wants to make contact its very easy. They fly above a city or town and make themselves visible. Its easy really! or is that too simplistic. If thay can buils spaceships it would be easy for them to tap into radio transmissions and talk to us, even tap into TV and talk to us, hell they could even send letters?
They have spaceships and time travel and interstellar travel and they fly millions of miles to make pretty circles to leave messages?
They are made by old men, uni students and vortices. in the 20-30 odd years they have been appearing nothing untoward has been noted.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That is a very good point actually, i often wonder why an advanced civilization would be drawing lines in crops.
But i think its a bit deficient to say that every single one is made by people, unless your saying a humanoid can create something as big as 1000 ft vast crop circle in the middle of the night change the moisture of the crop, radiate the place and change the crops at molecular and cellular levels.
There has to be some explanation.
Sure, I'm certain the majority are hoaxes but there are some that are mind boggling.

But there is still that question, why are they just drawing in the proverbial sand.

Ideas?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchtheskies
That is a very good point actually, i often wonder why an advanced civilization would be drawing lines in crops.
But i think its a bit deficient to say that every single one is made by people, unless your saying a humanoid can create something as big as 1000 ft vast crop circle in the middle of the night change the moisture of the crop, radiate the place and change the crops at molecular and cellular levels.

Easy peasy. The size of cropcirlces is irrelevant. Work in teams of two each with their own overlapping design. Its been shown how they are made, why keep arguing the point?
Moisture early in the morning in the UK is amazing and a damaged plant will soak up more.
Radiation is a non starter. There are massive irregularities with radiation everywhere in the UK and those chappies that did that 'Molecular level stuff failed miserably as they had no base line to start from. They just went in and got some stuff and went "WOW" without comparing it to other damaged crops in the same field.

People see or invent what they want to see instead of accepting the easiest option.
Look at the DaVinci code rubbish. Even when people KNOW its all a 100% fabrication they still come from the US and Japan to Paris to look for 'evidence'.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
A very intriguing opinion.
I still think there is more than meets the eye.
The people whom did attempt to make a copy of a genuine crop circle, failed.
There were footsteps on the ground, the nodal points weren't changed, and the circles were.. imperfect.
One group determined to prove the whole thing was a hoax tried to do it in New Zealand.
Two very powerful lights had to be hauled using forty ton cranes. You couldn't couldn't get away with this in England, hence another reason why New Zealand was such a convenient location.
The soil in England is made of clinging mud which will leave footprints on it or the crop if you try and enter the area. At a conservative estimate, 60% of crop circles are made on rainy nights which makes signs of entry pretty easy to find. Secondly, the soil contains small, fragile chalk balls which disintegrate when lightly crushed between the fingers. These will be powdered in the event of people walking-in with planks.

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Watchtheskies]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I've read enough to conclude these cropcircles with features like the exploded nodes, a form of radiance, bend stems (not broken) and in huge forms

AREN'T MAN MADE

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
I've read enough to conclude these cropcircles with features like the exploded nodes, a form of radiance, bend stems (not broken) and in huge forms
AREN'T MAN MADE

Youve 'read enough'. So you havent actully gone out and tried it?

Well thats pretty conclusive then isnt it.

Gve me a shout when you 'decipher' the messages. Oh and ask them for next week's lottery numbers?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I do believe its something not of this world. Like that video of the 2 orbs craving out the crop, thats really fascinating and I believe the hoaxers are just coming forth to get some type of publicity for them selfs. Its a lot easier to show up at the police station and say i did it than explain the changes on a cellular level in the crop.

trust me, you can't draw that. you can't even see over the crop when your down there let alone be that precise.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by weknowyouknow]

[edit on 13-6-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hear people argue against crop circles being formed by advanced races saying “why would aliens travel across space(and/or time) to write in crops?” This reasoning is very ethnocentric, and to me is not a valid argument.

If my dog could think just a little more cognitively, I’m sure she would question why I walk all the way out to that tree every day and grab those leaves, only to rip them up, stare at them or ruin some with a stick (it’s the mailbox, I’m getting the mail). Or perhaps she wonders why I ‘bark’ into the strange beeping plastic stick in the house for hours at a time when no one barks back (I’m on the phone).

My point is: Dog is to people as people are to a more advanced race. You cannot necessarily draw parallels between human motivations and alien motivations. In fact, their advanced technology would make it much MORE likely that we would not understand the ‘why are they doing that?!?!’ question.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by edwardthe8th
I hear people argue against crop circles being formed by advanced races saying “why would aliens travel across space(and/or time) to write in crops?” This reasoning is very ethnocentric, and to me is not a valid argument.

Cannot agree with you more... It's not a valid point to make at all.. we don't know why they are doing it, but instead of dismissing them as being man made, why don't we actually figure out why there making these signs.
If someone thinks they can form a crop circle in england over night, 700 ft, in the dark, with no footprints, moisture balances changed, nodal points and all the scientific specifications of a crop circle... go ahead, I would love to see the results.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
1. Humans can make such circles.
2. Humans have been videotaped making large and complex circles with nothing more than a hat with a wire loop, a large rope for the circle, and a board with two ropes. So it IS possible, and within a night, to do so.
3. It seems illogical that an advanced race would choose an obtuse and inconvenient means of communication.
4. What's their motive? Really...

Given the above, I can agree that circles may be a strange phenomenon, but I'm not so sure one can blame them on UFOs...or rule out bored humans.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Humans can create circles yes... they did so in NZ.
But with none of the unexplained things happening to the crops.

There is no doubt that majority are hoaxes, but some... some arn't.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Watchtheskies]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My thoughts on Crop circles? Extraterrestrial caused or not, someone is destroying crops which equals food. I consider this rather wasteful and just down right strange. If you look at some of the pictures of crop circles, you see some very complex designs, why would an extraterrestrial have a craft shaped like this:

www.zetetique.ldh.org...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.ecardica.com...

Humans can do some pretty complex things:

www.gearthblog.com...

www.gearthblog.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Greatlakes, you know alot, are you an alien?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My opinion on this matter is that a big portion off these circles are man made but not all off them... Maybe some unknown natural force is doing this.

But whoever is making this it has to stop!!! Farmers lose hunderds off thousands off dollars/pounds/rubbles/euro`s worth off crop only because some "Alien`s" or people are doing this.... They just need to stop.. It is making the lives off those farmers not easier on it...

It is that they dont end in bankrupcty because they have multiple fields...

Realy it isnt a joke or something...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join