It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When truth seekers are demonized.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why is it when someone asks the tough questions, points out the inconsistencies of the official story or tries to wake up the sheeple, they always end up being made into something they are not?

I just got an email titled, "Terrorist!" from my ex-wife. The only thing in the email was the following picture.

Now I'm not a huge fan of Rosie, but this is character assassination at its best.

It seems she tried to make people see the truth, and now she will have to pay the price.

This is what happens to those who don't toe the line I guess.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This is disgusting on so many levels it's hard to comment on.

However, as with anyone who speaks their mind, and uses controversial theories to make some conclusions, or allegations a backlash can be expected, and in Rosie's case, that can be multiplied millions of times, as she is a very public person and persona, so it is no surprise that a character assassination campaign is moving forward.

Remember the Dixie Chicks?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I guess this means anyone who dares to question the official line is a terrorist. Anyone who attempts to cultivate an open mind is a terrorist, anyone who dislikes drinking from the mainstream is a terrorist.

The demonisation of those who dare to think differently is rampant. You see it here on ATS, and you see it in life. Cliques of similar thinking domesticated primates attacking those who inhabit different reality tunnels.

"with us or against us" bipolar politics.

It seems to be the nature of social reality in the modern world.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why is it that anyone who doesn't immediately fall down and believe the truthers are labeled idiots, sheeple, stupid, or worse? Even when there are only truthers in the thread, they're still calling names.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Disgusting, but this is what people like. Demonizing the truth is what Americans are into,

Just wait till it all comes back and bites them in the ars.

And it will, for being so rightious, in denial and dumb.

The rest of the world sees whats happening here...EXCEPT SOME OF US.

Go figure.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That pic has been making the email rounds for a while now. Don't take it so seriously, mrwupy - your ex probably saw it as funny and wanted to share the laugh with you.

Originally posted by Implosion
I guess this means anyone who dares to question the official line is a terrorist. Anyone who attempts to cultivate an open mind is a terrorist, anyone who dislikes drinking from the mainstream is a terrorist.

Yeah, that's what that picture means.

I can't remember - did you folks protest so loudly when all the photoshopped images of GWB were making the rounds?

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Yeah, that's what that picture means.

I just got an email titled, "Terrorist!" from my ex-wife. The only thing in the email was the following picture.

A little reading goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Now I'm not a huge fan of Rosie, but this is character assassination at its best.
I agree with you in general, but in this particular case could you please shed some light about what the reasons behind this may be?

You see, I do not have the faintest idea of who and what you are talking about, for all I know this could even be a picture of yourself.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's Rosie's face. I forgot the name of the terrorist they stuck her face on though. It's for her and her spouting off against the gov't about 9/11.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK, and who's "Rosie"?

You see, I do not follow US media here in Portugal.

[edit on 9/6/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
OK, and who's "Rosie"?

Rosie O'Donnell

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Rosie Odonnell (sp?). Until recently she was one of the hosts of the talk show The View. She recently latched onto the Truth Movement and was constantly going on about impeaching Bush and how evil he is, and all these other things that are popular now. She left the show recently. Supposedly, the day they were going to talk about Loose Change (when she wasn't going to be there anyway), the White House did a no notice press conference to keep them from showing it.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks, Implosion and Zaphod58.

This is a completely unknown person to me, that Wikipedia article was the first time I ever saw her.

Now, after reading that article linked by Implosion I understand it better, and I think that in this case, that photo is the type of thing that Rosie herself could have done in different circumstances

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's supposed to be Rosie O'Donnell's head on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's body...

+

=

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't know if I'm posting this correctly...

'jsobecky : I can't remember - did you folks protest so loudly when all the photoshopped images of GWB were making the rounds?
'

Thanks for that comment- You are right! I just laughed and passed it on, didn't sit and ponder it (GWB images that is). I was being hypocritical- thanks for the check

Zaphod58
She left the show recently. Supposedly, the day they were going to talk about Loose Change (when she wasn't going to be there anyway), the White House did a no notice press conference to keep them from showing it.

Hi Zaphod58 - I didn't hear anything about this. They were going to talk about 'Loose Change'? I'm a bit behind, but do you remember when?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It was about two weeks ago I think. There was a thread about it, and how the White House supposedly deliberately planned a press conference to preempt it. But Rosie was spending the day with her partner since it was her partner's b'day.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nowayreally
I don't know if I'm posting this correctly...

'jsobecky : I can't remember - did you folks protest so loudly when all the photoshopped images of GWB were making the rounds?
'

Thanks for that comment- You are right! I just laughed and passed it on, didn't sit and ponder it (GWB images that is). I was being hypocritical- thanks for the check

nowayreally

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of that. And it certainly is refreshing to hear someone admit that they might have been a little hypocritical - you don't see that much honesty here.

Btw, if you want to quote something, it's easy. Just flank the text with the operators, like this:
[quote*]I want to quote this text.[/quote*]

Just don't type the *'s .

Oh, and welcome to ATS!

top topics

join