It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeleton found in ice berg, could it be a mammoth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by sy.gunson

Life was a lot simpler before they invented photo shop. Nowadays everything is automatically labeled hoax and dismissed out of hand.

I agree 100%.

There is nothing about a skeleton in an ice berg which defies the laws of physics. I don't see what the fuss is about that you have to attack it as a hoax ?

Know of any other pics of a skeleton in or on an iceberg ?
I'd be quite interested to see them.

It's just an interesting find. That's all.

Again, I agree.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

Originally posted by Leyla
Its a sperm whale.

Read these two stories.

www.thestar.com...
cnews.canoe.ca...

You might want to reread those stories, they don't say what you think they do.

Oops thats what I get for skimming. I was wondering how in the heck a whale got trapped in a iceburg.

My first guess was perhaps a seal. But it could range from walrus to a polar bear. But with it broken off they won't be able to determine what it is without a dna test.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
call me crazy, but my first thought was "polar bear skeleton" ..

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What's holding the vertebrae together still? Are the bones still frozen together?

If the bones are still in the same formation when the animal died then why are some ribs inverted from the rest?

That dark spot in the ice must be the biological remains of the animal. It would be good to get distance readings to determine the actual size of the beast.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What's holding the vertebrae together still? Are the bones still frozen together?

If the bones are still in the same formation when the animal died, then why are some ribs inverted from the rest?

That dark spot in the ice must be the biological remains of the animal. It would be good to get distance readings to determine the actual size of the beast.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
From what I can see, it's definately a real skeleton... I've seen quite a few, and it's not a photoshop job.

HOWEVER... we don't have a sense of scale; of how big the thing is, and that makes identification harder.

Originally posted by lostinspace

The remains of the muscles on the back, and yes, they're frozen. It would be consistant with the remains of some sort of kill (polar bear, etc.)

If the bones are still in the same formation when the animal died, then why are some ribs inverted from the rest?

Gravity and the movement of ice. Lots of things happen to skeletons after the original creature has died!

It could also be a blood area where the thing bled out as the polar bear/whatever fed on it. It might be a fairly recent kill (last decade or so) on an ice shelf (not a glacier) that has broken off because of the rising temperatures there.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
It isn't like someone is claiming they found a skeleton of The Loch Ness Monster.

Yeah really.

People are quick to call something a hoax even when its not THAT extraordinary or outrageous. If it was a mammoth its not like they are mythical creatures and they have been found in ice before. It could be a hoax, and if so it's a low caliber one. I'd have had a Grey Alien skeleton holding a laser rifle hanging from the ice. Now that would be something. This if real is simply "neat".

Cool find.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by lee anoma]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join