It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools: No admission without an admission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, the court said he was innocent, after due process. Who is the school district to basically override the court's decision and portray this kid as guilty?

On the other hand, recent events prove that this kind of thing cannot be taken lightly.

What do you all think? Should this kid be allowed back in school?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellsee
I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, the court said he was innocent, after due process. Who is the school district to basically override the court's decision and portray this kid as guilty?

On the other hand, recent events prove that this kind of thing cannot be taken lightly.

What do you all think? Should this kid be allowed back in school?

Am I missing something????

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What the heck are you talking about?

Second line. Lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah I think you're missing a link or quote or something...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This sounds like it was meant as a reply to a thread, rather than a new thread itself.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yeah I think you're missing a link or quote or something...

Yah, I'm dumb.
Used to posting breaking news where all that stuff is built in.

It was not allowed to edit the original post, so here is the link and below is a quote from the story.

Josh would like to be in school, where he would be nearing the end of his freshman year. But he has been denied admission by two public-school districts that continue to implicate him in a "Columbine-style" plot last year at his middle school — even though a jury acquitted him.

Hope that makes more sense.

(Although, I got more replies when no one knew what the heck I was talking about than I did with a lot of other threads I have started.)

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
rabble rabble rabble dey tuuk argh jibs!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WellSee

here is the link and below is a quote from the story.

Josh would like to be in school, where he would be nearing the end of his freshman year. But he has been denied admission by two public-school districts that continue to implicate him in a "Columbine-style" plot last year at his middle school — even though a jury acquitted him.

Hope that makes more sense.

I'm just wondering why this is in General Chit Chat. Obviously this would probably be better suited in General News, or in Education, imo.

To me, it seems that the schools that refused admission are just erring on the side of caution - which in this day and age, I must agree with, considering all that has happened in recent years. If this boy was truly involved with the incident cited, surely he needs councilling of some sort.

2 cents

top topics

join