It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Asset(s) Detained in Connection with Coup Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Former CIA Asset(s) Detained in Connection with Coup Plans

news.bbc.co.uk

US prosecutors have charged nine people with plotting a coup in Laos.

"We're looking at conspiracy to murder thousands and thousands of people," Assistant US Attorney Bob Twiss told a court in Sacramento, California.

Officials say the detained ringleaders include Gen Vang Pao, a prominent member of the ethnic Hmong group who emigrated to the US in the 1970s.

As a Laotian general, he led CIA-backed forces that fought communist guerrillas before they seized power in 1975.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Good old predictable nonsense. I wonder mostly about the domestic politics that could be circulating behind this event, whether there's more than meets the eye there...

A coup can be a very profitable thing, if one has the inside scoop and can properly time investments.

I wonder if the testimony of these men could be sealed under national security grounds, presumably it could be, especially if it pertained to ongoing operations...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Interesting...

There must be more to this story. I can't imagine why it would be in U.S. interests to actively get involved in stopping such a coup against a communist country.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I sent an email to Thua, VP's son to find out whats going on. There was a reunion 2 weeks ago in Fresno with VP and they borrowed my film. I have about an hour of video (transferred from super 8) of flying in Laos. I was one of only two guys that got some real good film of Long Tieng, Site 32, Lima 16 and a lot of other places. They are going to use some of it for the documentary on VP.

One of the guys that I used to fly with over there, Dave Kouba, just went back a few months ago and got some great video up country. Actually got out on the PDJ.

top topics

join