It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There are a lot of people on these boards that like to isolate masonry as the number one conspiracy in the world. Why is this? A while ago I read an article written circa 2001, that explains the misunderstandings of the craft and why it is that people don't understand how wrong they are. here is the full article, which I will be quoting throughtout my post.

web.mit.edu...

The true conspiracy on this board, is the conspiracy against the masonic lodge. It is perpetuated by the ineptitude of the ignorant, and religious organizations that focus on occult symbolism.

First off, let me say that I am a "profane," I say this not because I like insulting myself, but because it is an example of ignorance of language. People called profane by a mason, would probably take offense due to the current menaning of the word.

Again, this is a misunderstanding over the use of archaic language. The word "profane" comes from two Latin words, "pro," meaning "before," and "fanum," meaning "temple." In earlier usage, "profane" had a more literal meaning of "outside the temple." It was simply an antonym for the term "sacred," just as "secular" still is. (Classical music lovers will note, for example, the Debussy work, "Danses sacrees et profanes," as a use of the same word in French with this meaning.)

In more recent usage, dating from well after the language of Masonry became fixed, the term "profane" was most often coupled with the term "language," to denote speech which would not have been uttered inside a temple or other sacred precincts. Gradually, this became the most common application of "profane" and, in the popular mind, became its only meaning. "Profane" became a synonym for swearing, cursing, and blasphemy, all of which are now called "profanity."

and the use of the word "hoodwink."

"Hoodwink" comes from two words, "hood" (meaning to cover, when used as a verb) and "wink" (an archaic term for the eye). Thus, "to hoodwink" means to cover the eyes, originally. At the time when this word was adopted by Freemasonry (the early 18th century or before), this was its primary meaning.

The word "hoodwink" has only one meaning in a Masonic context, and that is "blindfold." It is only anti-Masons who hope to deceive others (should I have said "hoodwink others?") who claim, dishonestly, that Masons use the term "hoodwink" with the meaning of "deception."

As far as expostion of ritual and, speculation into the meaning of said expose, and defunct masons supposedly telling all about the ritual; one could simply assume that that person is lying. The Taxil incident is a very good example of this.

Remember that Masons solemnly pledge to keep the ritual secret. An "exposé" is the product of someone who has broken a promise to his friends and neighbors and to God. Can you really trust that such a person is telling you the truth?

Masonry must be experienced to be understood; reading the ritual does not truly confer the lessons of the degrees, even for those of us who have the real ritual (and not some "exposé"). Masonry is a way of life that involves much more than the ceremonies of the degrees. Knowing a password or secret handshake is not what makes a man a Mason. The essence of Masonry is not something that can be written down.

Most conspirators agains masonry will tend to use whatever masonic publication they can find to prove thier point. They search for hours through Pike's books, or Manly Hall's publications, or they take five minutes to do a google search with keywords. When they find what they are looking for they don't try to read it in context, rather they like to misquote it and try to interperit author's intent. They usually like to quote pike, without acknowledging the preface to M&D, which says that Readers are "free to dissent" from the opinions and content of the book. Also, the southern jurisdiction of scottish rite freemasonry doesn't even represent a fraction of the lodges and temples. And no lodge is allowed to speak on behalf of the entire organization.

Actually, there are no "doctrinal" books in Freemasonry. Freemasonry is a society dedicated to free thinking and freedom of all kinds. No Mason has the right to dictate to another what he shall or shall not believe regarding his religion, his politics, or even his interpretation of the Masonic symbols. There are a number of conventional interpretations of the symbols of Freemasonry, some of which are given in the lectures of the degrees, but no Mason is required to accept any or all of them; he is free to explore the world of thought and make up his own mind.

Similarly, anti-Masons like to quote (out of context, quite often) Manly Hall (who wrote many of his books before becoming a Freemason), Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, Albert Mackey, and others. Many of these men did their writing a century or more ago and use an idiom not well understood by those living today who are not familiar with such writing styles. These books are useful reference sources for those who seek to improve their knowledge of Masonry and who wish to sharpen their wits against the whetstone of great thinkers, but they are not doctrine.

No chapter of masonry controls all of of the lodges, or dictates the workings of the different jurisdictions. All lodges are equal. Therefore there are not "higher ranking masons," or nonsense like that.

There is no single governing body of Freemasonry in the world. The United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE) is the descendant of the first Grand Lodge formed in 1717, but that gives it no authority over other Grand Lodges, all of which are equal. The UGLE does not even have total authority in Great Britain, for Scotland has its own Grand Lodge.

The Supreme Council of the Ancient And Accepted Scottish Rite for the Southern Jurisdiction of the USA, sometimes is called the Mother Supreme Council of the World, for it was the first to be formed, but again, all Supreme Councils are equal, and chronological primacy confers no special authority. The Southern Jurisdiction of the AASR does not even have complete authority in the USA, for there is also a Supreme Council for the Northern Jurisdiction, comprising the states east of the Mississippi and north of the Ohio River and Mason-Dixon Line.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/6/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is where masonry irks me.

One, I equate masonry to snobbish wealthy people, who perhaps may have a right to be that way,... shouldnt be because its not that cool.

Two, I think it's wrong to keep secrets and use that stance to manipulate for personal benefit when it keeps someone else below, as the rank and file thinking of the order seems to profess.

-and yes i know you dont hand a mentally handicap person a gun or something until your sure he wont go insane and shoot people etc..

Three, the symbolism is hidden in plain sight on everything these days, which to me is just a mask to put a blurred image between coinsumer and masonic secret and create curiosity later perhaps, which the 33rd+ degrees is all lucifarian secrets according to pike and likely summoning rituals also, of the true high rollers in masonry or freemasonry who profess satanism in secret and use masonic symbols in magical fashion on money, on signs, in the eye itself, or i.

Four, God himself stated to a prophet, i forget which, to JOIN NO CAUSE. i know they know this because to be a mason you need to BELIEVE in a God, which most today just wear on their sleeve to join up and make cash and rank up.

Five, the children of the world are being initiated early with the use of symbols in many popular video games. They blur the reality of good and evil, setting chaos free, then the impressionable mind wanders into a FALSE ASPECT of what the TRUE GOD made reality to be for us and said through NATURAL VISION to humble people-not to be ranking up in real life other than simple knowledge and application, not saying that the things in masonry is dumb, they are rather intelligent, but i scoff when they say 'im enlightened". because then they might as well all be nazis in disguise or satanists bent on murder/sacrifice and using terrorism on a official level to mask this the ULTIMATE LIE at the least to me!

Six, If its true that 9/11 was the kind of babylon confusion religion school ritual in which they murdered real people, humans. not excusable. to open a gateway for a "new age", when GOD said, "their is nothing new under the sun". it tells me thats just a cover story, for satans return into a man using the cuboid stargate which is a real thing, i know because ouiji does work.. www.youtube.com..., maybe a president? And what is he connected to?? Oh right, a secret society that professes symbols of what??? DEATH!

Now take these six pillars or the hexagon of 'my' wisdom, and compare them to say, reality. Odd thing is, i used to as a child entertain masons by playing piano, my family was a big help to many many people who were good at face value, though i always am curious to here as im older, to hear a high level masons tails from the crypt (history).

[edit on 4-6-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I dont think there is a conspiracy against Masonry, I just think there are a lot of ignorant, uninformed/misinformed people out there who believe what they want to believe.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mastermind77

One, I equate masonry to snobbish wealthy people, who perhaps may have a right to be that way,... shouldnt be because its not that cool.

Two, I think it's wrong to keep secrets and use that stance to manipulate for personal benefit when it keeps someone else below, as the rank and file thinking of the order seems to profess.

I know some pretty well-to-do masons. However, I know some masons that are not rich, and live very humbly. Almost all masons I know are charitable people. They may not be rich in a monetary sense, but they are spiritually rich. I see nothing wrong with this. Being spirtually rich is the more important principle in thier craft. It allows them to be of maximum utility to society.

-and yes i know you dont hand a mentally handicap person a gun or something until your sure he wont go insane and shoot people etc..

maybe we should take the keyboards away from anyone deemed "mentally handicapped." It is an equally damagaing weapon to my sanity.

Three, the symbolism is hidden in plain sight on everything these days, which to me is just a mask to put a blurred image between coinsumer and masonic secret and create curiosity later perhaps, which the 33rd+ degrees is all lucifarian secrets according to pike and likely summoning rituals also, of the true high rollers in masonry or freemasonry who profess satanism in secret and use masonic symbols in magical fashion on money, on signs, in the eye itself, or i.

Again the meaning of lucifer is of an idiom that is lost to most people. If you ttok time to study the roots of our language you would see that the contemporary meaning of lucifer came about due to the publication of "paradise lost." Lucifer does not infer satanic connection, you are professing a fallacy, and pointing out your own misunderstanding of this concept.

Four, God himself stated to a prophet, i forget which, to JOIN NO CAUSE. i know they know this because to be a mason you need to BELIEVE in a God, which most today just wear on their sleeve to join up and make cash and rank up.

If by "make cash, and rank up" you mean, become spirtually rich, knowledgeable, and charitable; then you would be closer to the truth. So why would people join a church to become intollerant, and narrow minded. If your theory of "join no cause" was valid then we would not need church movements.

Five, the children of the world are being initiated early with the use of symbols in many popular video games. They blur the reality of good and evil, setting chaos free, then the impressionable mind wanders into a FALSE ASPECT of what the TRUE GOD made reality to be for us and said through NATURAL VISION to humble people-not to be ranking up in real life other than simple knowledge and application, not saying that the things in masonry is dumb, they are rather intelligent, but i scoff when they say 'im enlightened". because then they might as well all be nazis in disguise or satanists bent on murder/sacrifice and using terrorism on a official level to mask this the ULTIMATE LIE at the least to me!

You are correct about video games damaging the minds of our youth, that I agree with. Minds are impressionable at that age. Thankfully there are organizations like masonry to allow people to think freely and seek knowledge for themselves. Terrorism is a belief based on intollerance, which breeds resentment and then anger. In this day and age, violence is soon to follow. I have never heard of the local masonic lodge sponsoring a "halo 2" tournament for young people, so I don't really see the connection here. And I'm pretty sure "grand theft auto" is not a part of masonic ritual.

Six, If its true that 9/11 was the kind of babylon confusion religion school ritual in which they murdered real people, humans. not excusable. to open a gateway for a "new age", when GOD said, "their is nothing new under the sun". it tells me thats just a cover story, for satans return into a man using the cuboid stargate which is a real thing, i know because ouiji does work.. www.youtube.com..., maybe a president? And what is he connected to?? Oh right, a secret society that professes symbols of what??? DEATH!

Now take these six pillars or the hexagon of 'my' wisdom, and compare them to say, reality. Odd thing is, i used to as a child entertain masons by playing piano, my family was a big help to many many people who were good at face value, though i always am curious to here as im older, to hear a high level masons tails from the crypt (history).

Interesting that you choose to form your thoughts into a "hexagon of wisdom." After all that involves geometry, and an inherently ancient principle.

I believe that you hit a good point on that last paragraph. However there is no connection between the "death societies" (S&B, Thule, etc) and masonry. But the point I'm trying to make is:

Are the Societies of the NWO using masonry as a distraction for thier agenda? It is easier to attack the lodge next door, than do research into other more occult societies. Is there a conspiracy being perpetuated against masonry, by Skull and Bones, the government, or religion? Because for every finger that is pointed there are usually multiple fingers that could be pointed back to the source. While you are all distracted with your hatred of masons, you allow far more evil things to escape your perception.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Why would you equate Masonry with snobbish wealthy people? Masons are generally middle class guys with families to feed who work for a living, and again in general, are the least snobby people I've ever met. Masons have always been ready to lend a hand to anyone who needs it; I noticed this even as a child, and this was largely responsible for why I myself decided to seek membership years ago.

The "secrets" kept by Masons are traditional fraternal ones. They have no bearing on the world outside the fraternity.

which the 33rd+ degrees is all lucifarian secrets according to pike

Huh? What do you mean "according to Pike"? I've been a Pike fan for many years, and own all of his writings...I challenge you to give me one example where Pike says anything about "luciferian secrets in the 33rd degree".

In reality, Pike was a Christian, and a member of Christ Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C. I myself have strong Buddhist leanings, and do not agree with all of Pike's Christian views (although Pike respected Buddhism, and called the Buddha "the first Masonic legislator" in his book "Morals and Dogma").

Furthermore, the 33rd degree was originally just an administrative degree that recognized a voting member of the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite. Under Pike's administration this was changed: today, the 33rd degree is an honorary degree conferred on members in recognition of outstanding service to the Scottish Rite, to Masonry in general, to the community, the nation, or mankind.

Four, God himself stated to a prophet, i forget which, to JOIN NO CAUSE.

That's funny. I've never heard God say anything of the sort.

Five, the children of the world are being initiated early with the use of symbols in many popular video games.

If you think playing video games initiates one into wisdom, I would suggest you re-think your stance. In actuality, video games do almost as much dumbing down as being hypnotized by the TV.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i spent most of my youth and adolescence traveling with my parents, who were both masons and members of the grange, which is affiliated with the masons. My father was head of the state grange. he was also a high ranking mason. It is simply a fraternity or fellowship. yes, they have rituals, wear sashes, and carry staffs and have various traditions. this could be said of going to church as well.

people love to criticize masonry as being evil, but remember that lucifer, meaning the bearer or bringer of light, is simply symbolism of knowledge and understanding in many ways. the masonry is not affiliated with satan in my experience. everyone that i had met, including my own parents, could have been moral icons for most of society. they were mostly compassionate and did everything they could for people around them, including strangers.

my favor was a "good neighbor" as they would say. there was nothing evil or bizarre about the fraternity or its members, if anything it preserved a sense of belonging and good moral values.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't really know much about masons, but I will say this.

They may have fancy buildings for their lodge, but masonic meetings are just a normal hobby-get-together for normal middle-aged men.

It's no wierder than having a weekly poker night or watching the football game on monday. Just a way that a working man can spend some time with other men, instead of his coworkers or wife and kids.

Nothing to be afraid of, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't really know to much bout the masons either. I'll even admit probably the thing that weirds me out most about them is the fact that the lodge or building what ever its called is a free standing brick building with no windows and a parking lot that is always empty. Also i guess they do willing keep some secrets so ,evil or not, they are giving people reason to speculate. I more scared of Scientologists than masons though

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Four, God himself stated to a prophet, i forget which, to JOIN NO CAUSE.

If this where to be taken as a literal truth then it was against God's will for people to march for civil rights for African Americans during the 1960's, rally for a woman's right to vote, and speak out against slavery in antibellum US.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by bigred1000]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

"Four, God himself stated to a prophet, i forget which, to JOIN NO CAUSE." i know they know this because to be a mason you need to BELIEVE in a God, which most today just wear on their sleeve to join up and make cash and rank up.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by bigred1000]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaDewd
I'll even admit probably the thing that weirds me out most about them is the fact that the lodge or building what ever its called is a free standing brick building with no windows and a parking lot that is always empty.

Most Lodges are windowless for the obvious reason of keeping peeping toms at bay. Another reason, a bit more esoteric, may be to keep to symbolically keep the Lodge room free from external worldly influences.

Concerning the parking lot, in the USA, most Lodges only meet once or twice per month.

top topics

join