It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Claims to Have Killed Remaining Captured U.S. Soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Al Qaeda Claims to Have Killed Remaining Captured U.S. Soldiers

www.foxnews.com

CAIRO, Egypt — An Al Qaeda umbrella group claimed in a new video released Monday that its militants killed three U.S. soldiers after capturing them last month in Iraq.

The video, which was made available to The Associated Press by the Washington-based SITE Institute, showed confused and jerky night battle scenes, and later offered close-ups of two identification cards. It does not show the soldiers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm still a little skeptical if they don't have videotape of the soldiers themselves. I would think if al Qaeda had killed them, they would have taped it and released it as propaganda.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hmm ... I've been hearing over and over about the IDs being shown on a website, but this is the first that I've heard they claimed to have killed the soldiers. Up until this, I've been hearing that the military still didn't have any further information as to the whereabouts or status of these soldiers.

Is it just FOX that's making these claims, Dj?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's an Associated Press article...it's everywhere

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Considering that one of the soldier's bodies was pulled from a river last week, I'm willing to bet that the others are in the river as well. I don't think that they took these soldiers alive during the ambush, I'd say that they were killed in the ambush and their bodies taken.

If they were taken and killed later I don't think that we would hear about it. There are too many people with too much to lose if this was true. These are the same ones who think that serving detainees a pork chop with their dinner constitutes torture.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Considering that one of the soldier's bodies was pulled from a river last week, I'm willing to bet that the others are in the river as well. I don't think that they took these soldiers alive during the ambush, I'd say that they were killed in the ambush and their bodies taken.

If they were taken and killed later I don't think that we would hear about it. There are too many people with too much to lose if this was true. These are the same ones who think that serving detainees a pork chop with their dinner constitutes torture.

Agreed, I've seen the video and all I saw were personal items, no executions, not even bodies either.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is just me ... and by no means ... well anyways .,.. TAKE IT HOW YOU LIKE IT ... If I were a captured soldier NO WAY IN HELL am I letting them take footage of me being killed.

I would do all but kill myself to keep them from such HYPOCRACY ... THIS IS NOT A WAR WE ARE IN .... and WILL NEVER BE A WAR ...

IN WAR YOU HAVE LAWS ... SUCH AS POW's and such ... this is/and never will be a WAR ...

We just gave them to much credit ... let me and a couple of my fellows go into IRAQ with no laws such as that of the TERRORISTS living there. You may find my tactics crude and Unethical and many civilians may perish ... But I promise you one thing .. NONE OF MY TEAM WILL DIE ... They may get injured but none of them will DIE ... and the terrorism will end .. within 6 weeks !

THAT'S RIGHT SIX WEEKS !!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
I don't think that they took these soldiers alive during the ambush, I'd say that they were killed in the ambush and their bodies taken.

Anzack, the soldier found floating in the river, was found with gunshot wounds to the back of his head. According to the Iraqi police and as previously reported, the wounds were “execution-style”.

If the remaining two poor soldiers were mutilated (as has happened in the past to Lowell Tucker and Kristian Menchaca), I doubt there will be any recovery...at least anytime soon. It caused too much of an uproar (especially here in Texas) and backfired on the murderers.

mg

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
let me and a couple of my fellows go into IRAQ with no laws such as that of the TERRORISTS living there. You may find my tactics crude and Unethical and many civilians may perish ... But I promise you one thing .. NONE OF MY TEAM WILL DIE ... They may get injured but none of them will DIE ... and the terrorism will end .. within 6 weeks !

This is not counter strike flower. You don't re-spawn after you die.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
HAHAHA, That is to funny ... Like I would go over there with a Game Console ... HAHAHA ... I would just need some artillery ... But we all know that the government is not going to allow that now .. so ...

Originally posted by tombangelta

This is not counter strike flower. You don't re-spawn after you die.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

We just gave them to much credit ... let me and a couple of my fellows go into IRAQ with no laws such as that of the TERRORISTS living there. You may find my tactics crude and Unethical and many civilians may perish ... But I promise you one thing .. NONE OF MY TEAM WILL DIE ... They may get injured but none of them will DIE ... and the terrorism will end .. within 6 weeks !

Sorry Deus,

But I find that very arrogant, not too mention very presumptious.
To say no-one in your team would die in Iraq is an impossible comment to make unless you plan on sending in artilary from a safe distant away... like New Jersey.

I think the soldiers that have died over there tried everything in there power NOT to get KILLED, so for you drop a statement like that is somewhat disrespectful to the forces that served and serve in Iraq.

As someone touched on ealier, you don't re-spawn when a sniper sends one into your head or the casual drive past an IED takes your transport apart.

If life were a video game, think of how happy everyone would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My Apologies to anyone who thought/thinks that I am arrogant.

As that is not what I was trying to convey there whenever I say that none of my team would be killed. Injured ... POSSIBLY .. but not killed.

I say this not because I am smarter than anyone that is currently deployed. I am saying this because of the technology that is in the world ... our soldiers don't have crap when it comes to body armour ... WHY ???????? Because of the money ... "BETTER SPENT ELSE WHERE I SUPPOSE"

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hey Deus_Brandon, personally I don't see arrogance there. I do see suggestions of I'll equipped Soldiers re above, and they were for a period. I hope not now.

Dallas

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

My Apologies to anyone who thought/thinks that I am arrogant.

I don't think you are arrogant, maybe naive though to think that you are better than the special forces working over there who WILL have all the gear and still can't bring the war to an end in a few weeks.

I am very interested to hear about this "team" of yours though?

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
To quote Bugs Bunny

"Of course you know, this means war!"

I say set the battleships, the aircraft carriers to full steam ahead and if they're not already, let's fill that Gulf of Oman with all the hardware we can and start the festivities in earnest. After all, this is a justified war, right?

No sense beating around the "bush"....
If we are truly justified here, and if this really means what Bush thinks it means to the American people, he should be launching rockets like Pringles potatoe chips at all the identifiable and unidentifiable strong holds of Al-Qaeda and Taliban at this point.

Why haven't we seen it? Why no news of submarine launched party favors? Why no news of carrier sorties? Just soldiers being taken hostage and thousands more dying...for what? Billions and Billions of dollars???

Where is the money going if we can't even manage to locate hostages, when in the same breath if you ask a politician or the president, they'll tell you we can find Osama Bin Laden, its just we can't get at him.

Does something not smell right in Denmark here, or is it just me?

top topics

join