It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest first hand sighting.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

The creature is basically half human and half..... fur. It has a "fin" like appendage on it's back that helps it to control its flight direction, and fur on its forearms to help it.... er.... flap. Instead of flapping its arms or wings to fly, it levitates with the stones attached to the forehead and strings and swims through with the motion created by its long, furry back(for lack of a better term).

Here's a close-up of the head. I was inspired by the headwear of Hermes, an angel-like being that was the messenger of the gods.

lol thats great soldier. not really what I saw but interesting

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The only thing I can think of is Mothman.

Although I am on the Mothman fence I can't resist thinking about it. Did anything disastrous happen within a short time of your sighting? Most likely within a 100 mile radius.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by jimbo999

Hmmm...if you REALLY want to find out what may be going on here...(and this is getting really creepy - ever see 'Jeepers Creepers'?) maybe you should pay a visit to the people who own this house and ask them if they've noticed anything...errmm...odd recently? You should be able to gauge from their reaction to the question if they know something or not. You might NOT want to mention to them what you saw unless you get a positive response though

JIMBO
Ya, I think not. In the off chance that they do know about it.. and get suspicous.. they know where I live. I have kids. I don't want to risk it.

On a good note, well at least for me. we wont be living here much longer, as my husband finally got his promotion and it means we have to relocate.
I will be glad to be out of this odd area.

Ok, I understand completely. Very weird all of this....interesting though..

Jimbo999

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
NephraTari, Well neighbor, looks like you've found something odd. I live just about 35 miles south of Ft Smith, along the Oklahoma border, and I've seen a couple of odd flying things, too. Nothing as clear as you did, that's for sure.

One evening about an hour before dark, we were coming back from my mother-in-law's, who lives in Ok., and traveling a back road, when I saw something.

I watch the sky a lot because I like to hope I'll get a clear look at a UFO someday. Just as we were coming over a small rise, something crossed the road about a hundred feet ahead. What seemed odd was that it was too big to be a bird, and too high and fast to be a deer.

I can't say what it was, it was gone too fast for me to really tell. The only thing was it didn't match anything my mind expected. Sure, it could have been a kite the size of a deer, out in the middle of nowhere, being speed across the road by some kid on steroids. But I just don't know.

So I believe you. There seems to be some strange things in this part of the country. I hope where you end up next makes you happy, but I wouldn't trade this part of the world for any other. Even if there is some weirdness going on here.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If it's flying in the US, it seems everybody wants to call it a mothman! Well then, how about the standard mothman counter? A huron could look pretty wierd flying low, and would stand man roughly man hight when it landed. New residences often have water features loaded with tasty koi!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

So I believe you. There seems to be some strange things in this part of the country. I hope where you end up next makes you happy, but I wouldn't trade this part of the world for any other. Even if there is some weirdness going on here.

Oh I actually do love this state. its quite beautiful but this encounter has shaken me a bit more than I intially realized and I am not quite looking forward to moving away from whatever that was.

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Wow...like everyone else, I've not heard of anything like this. I almost feel like going on a small hunting trip...only in my mind I guess it would be wrong just to hunt this thing down as it could just be a rare creature trying to survive. But isn't that survival? Destroying what you don't understand? Meh, I guess not.

I really want to see this thing though....If it were me, I would have chased it. Granted that could be dangerous, but I'm a risk taker.

Last thing, a day or so before you leave that area, you should seriously take a trip to that house and ask the owners if they have seen anything "odd". That might help. And if all else fails, just take it upon yourself to look around...trespassing I think it's called. Only illegal if signs are posted.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Last thing, a day or so before you leave that area, you should seriously take a trip to that house and ask the owners if they have seen anything "odd". That might help. And if all else fails, just take it upon yourself to look around...trespassing I think it's called. Only illegal if signs are posted.
Ah the move is over now. I did want to chase it actually but my mother in law and son were with me. Im always going to wonder what the hell that thing was. I do wish I would have asked in hindsite but I think I made the right choice. If they did know something about it.. that might not have been a good thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I definitely gotta know what this is now. Even if that means I go into the area and have to sit for hours on end to wait for it to show itself. Of course...I need to know just WHERE the area is that is.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
I definitely gotta know what this is now. Even if that means I go into the area and have to sit for hours on end to wait for it to show itself. Of course...I need to know just WHERE the area is that is.
The area would be northwest arkansas near the Oklahoma border.
I have no idea if this thing is something that moves around or stays in one area... but I only saw it the one time.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There is an old family tale that this brings to mind. Specifically, this reminds me of an "angel" like creature. Long story short, these are beings that transcend time and space, that move at whim and will for purposes unknown. They are like the invisible conductors for the orchestra of the universe. They are able to take whatever shape they will at a whim, and often appear when they are needed most. Specifically this family tales instructs, that upon the hour of of critical times in our history (humanity's). They helped shape it's outcome always for better. I do not know, but if i where in your place, i would have certainly seen it whit a level of awe and respect. You see, in my family's line, this 'story' is less myth and more legend. As a family line we are quite sure of its existence, but have no 'firsthand" knowledge of. Being a family of intellectuals it has always strained our families "ideology." I hope i was able to add something useful to this quest for knowledge.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with everyone else and say it was the Moth Man, but maybe it could have been a shape shifter. Arkansas use to be a popular Native American settlement area. Native Americans, through stories and folklore, have been known to 'shape shift,' or transform their physical bodies into something that resembles their nature. By the way, i know you aren't bonkers dude ;-D.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't think you're bonkers either, I had something happen to me in the desert that scared the living poop out of me...

Anyhoo, did we rule out Sandhill Cranes and Turkey Buzzards yet???

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by headjuice1 25

Indeed this could well be what it was. Their are strong native american energies in that area. I myself am Native american and this would not be the first thing I have seen that is related to my native culture in a somewhat abnormal way. Ty for sharing that.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
First thing that came to mind was the mothman , but the mothman was much bigger and more man/bat than moth. Also , the mothman was terrifying and gave off a aura of evil. Very interestin tho. Could it maby have been a flying squirrel?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
tan- 5 feet tall-slightly humanoid looking, from the back anyway.
Even if it's not what you saw, it's amusing.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

lol cute. It was not white it was orangish brown. The humanoid form was not slender at all it was bulky tall and thick. That was a fun video though

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Have you heard of the Batsquatch? It is supposedly a flying primate. Furry flying things that probably look humanoid. Maybe it flew past your car and went behind a house. This is just a guess, but thank you for sharing your experience.

Heres the link to Batsquatch- en.wikipedia.org...
Though reportings are not in your area. Maybe migration!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by GhostlyBigfoot]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
LOL @ batsquatch!!!!!!

I keep thinking it is an owl ......I can't be 50 miles from you....

I have seen noumorous 3' +tall I believe "Barn Owls" in that area..
Tan, independant head movements,, shoulders=tops of folded wings after landing.
Very spooky in flight, head moves side to side, eye coloring-similar to a raccoon "gives it a face"

Just my 1 st thought I do not doubt you saw something odd!!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Never seen a six foot owl before but hey there is a first time for everything rofl.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join