It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock Ness - Size Comparison footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
First I looked at the other threads. It seems that either this is the entire footage that other newscasts only put a small clip in, or this is totally different footage. I wanted to start a new thread, because this footage has size comparison in it. I was afraid it would have been lost in the other threads.

I really want you guys to let me know what size you actually think it might be. I'm not good with depth perception, and it gets harder as the camerman focuses in more on the creature.

The footage is off to the right in the gotta see footage. It is the fourth one over.

kdka.com...

You will have a wooden fence/rail before you see the shadow in the viedo. It quickly starts to focus in on the sea creature while foucsing in on the rail also. A few seconds later it goes from the head to a wider shot of the body. I can't tell if the body is long and narrow with surface waves or if it is actually showing a larger body. Could it be that the long black shadow is the spine while the rest of the body curves in towards the water making it look like the creature is some type of over sized eel?

Then it will go into the viedo footage that I saw in the other news source that only showed the long black distinctive head. This is where I don't know if it is the same footage, or someone else was able to capture practically the same scene on camcord. Unfortunatly it is a little shaky, but not much.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The shadow looks about 20 feet in length, larger than I expected when I saw the first video. Thanks for pointing this out, it certainly rules out seals

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thank you for this find !!

I too have horid depth perception, so I've no idea how big it may be.
But I agree with TheBlue, bigger than a seal.

Again, thank you.

Lex

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You both are very welcome.

Thanks for the comments. I will be looking forward for more comments from others as well.

A seal is ruled out. I was thinking maybe a giant octupus or squid. They usually live in the depths of the oceans and don't usually come to the surface that often. There is also the other pictures of the head coming out of the water more like a dionsaur shape head on a neck. Tenticals don't do that. Squid and octpus don't have necks.

Right now we know it is a large sea creature that likes to come to the surface now and again. So far it seems that it doesn't have to come to the surface like a dolphin or whale does though.

The viedo still can be found at the link I gave. You have to go to the top of the gotta see viedos. There are thumb nails of the clips. Go over to the right of those viedos and click the blue arrow. It is now the second one in. The background is mainly blue with a couple of gree tress in the foreground.

It can also be found in the viedo library, which can be found underneath the player. It is a big tab on the right with large blue letters video library. I just saw it is also on page 1 in the library. It will be moved back to page 2 and so on and so forth as they get new clips in.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The shadow does appear to be very large. Water will also magnify, so it is probably not as large as it looks. I don't think it is a seal, sturgeon, or eel. Which are the usually suspect for Loch Ness. What I think it could posssible be is a large school of fish, but the lake is very olgiotrophic and I am not sure if the Loch has fish that school like that.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a Site with a list of fish species that live in Loch Ness.

Do any of these form schools ?

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Here is a Site with a list of fish species that live in Loch Ness.

Do any of these form schools ?

Regards,
Lex

The stickleback does, but not to a point where they could create a bait ball. Which is what the shadow looks like.

new topics

top topics

join