It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's All The Women With Long Hair?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nisurastar

Maybe some women arent comfortable with their sexuality, maybe some are man haters... Honestly I dont see how having long hair turns me into a sex object. Hahaha! Theres nothing wrong with finding certain traits attractive...

Yes, I was very surprised by some of the women's opinions on long hair to say the least.

I didn't know the subject would have brought out such hostility.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
By the way, what is a "real woman"?

A real woman is one who realizes that engines need to have the oil replaced every 20,000 miles or so.

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Yes, I was very surprised by some of the women's opinions on long hair to say the least.

I didn't know the subject would have brought out such hostility.

some women just jump at the chance to defend themselves. I find they are often the type who feel men only see them for sexual reasons. Even though most men are far above that...I think its ok to be told your attractive, jeez maybe some people should learn to take a compliment!

someone posted that she always had people touching her hair, LOL, i get that too. I always have people reaching out to touch it, sof girls "fluff" it. Haha, its ok though. I think its flattering.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

A real woman is one who realizes that engines need to have the oil replaced every 20,000 miles or so.

Peace

its every 3,000 to 7,000 miles or so dummy. LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Who tagged the thread with 'hairy women'?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42
Who tagged the thread with 'hairy women'?

Dammit, who did that?

It was you Alien42.

[edit on 4-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ha ha, yes, I know who the culprit is.

It was... LYSERGIC!!!

Should've known it was him. :shk:

[edit on 4-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Damn, was it every 20,000 ?
I must have added an extra zero ?
Guess that means I'm not a real woman ?
I blew up an engine not long ago.
Remind me to change the oil more often....

Maybe some women arent comfortable with their sexuality, maybe some are man haters... Honestly I dont see how having long hair turns me into a sex object. Hahaha! Theres nothing wrong with finding certain traits attractive...

Quite true Nisurastar. I love to look at an attractive woman too and there's no shame in being feminine. Long hair is gorgeous. You'd stop me in the street any day.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

People would come up and touch it. I became very defensive and started saying...Don't touch my hair!

awwww i liked it when people came and molested my hair hhahaha it was mostly girls though so nothing sketchy they were just like oh my god so pretty and stuff like that it's not that bad but maybe if a bunch of creeps are doing it it would be. i have had a few guys jock the hair but it was my homies not random dudes. i dont know how that would feel maybe depends on the guys touching the hair.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

ehem! some of us still like it long....
xoxo

Well I love long hair
Your hair is beautiful
Kudos to this thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Maybe I should have got fat and had a breast reduction and kept my long hair? As for the comment that women who have an issue with long hair are not comfortable with their sexuality... I disagree.

My sexuality doesn't rely on my appearance. I don't need to look a certain way to feel sexy. I do however, get rather annoyed when shmucks make sexist comments and judge you by the way you look. I am educated and I don't like being put into a category of a sex play thing, don't get me wrong, I like to play lol...but when you have tom, dick and harry's treating you a certain way because you have big breasts or long hair...thats different and many times I wanted to just bitch slap em.

[edit on 5-6-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Haha, I dont think I stop many people on the streets. But I do agree with NJE777, Its not my looks that are the center of my sexuality. If that was all there is, Im sure I would have more guys flirting with me. But because of the type of girl I am (smart, unconventional, glasses. @-@ lol) really not many guys do! The average man tends to stay away from that, I think...

But thats probably a good thing. Since I tend to be attracted to the unconventional guys anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I apologize for not reading this entire thread. I just wanted to stop by and give my 2 cents.

I like having long hair, Sure it's a pain to wash and brush, however it's so easy to put up and keep out of the way. Shorter hair has always been a bother to me, so I spend years growing my hair long.

Only to have a crazed hairstylist chop most of it off.. ARGGGH!!!

So i'm back at the drawing board, and growing it out. There are a few women out there who like butt long hair. Just look for them!

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eponymous67
And I think we are both more lovely for the gift than had we grown out our hair for some Neanderthal with a fetish for long hair.

Advice: Leave the house, stop wanking, and find a real girl. Some of them have cut their hair before and are still quite lovely.

I seriously laughed out loud at this.

Uhm... I'm growing my hair out, but I have years to go before it reaches my butt. And then I'm donating it to Locks of Love.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia

I seriously laughed out loud at this.

Dammit, curse the woman. Just kidding.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-tal_PhusionIf I didn't get so many compliments on it, I would cut it just to save myself the trouble and time! Once I find Mr. Right (correction if I find him), I probably will cut & donate it. But right now it's my best selling point on a competitive dating circuit

So let me get this straight. You use your long hair to attract men, but once you do, you'll cut it?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDeniedI have had short hair in my life and I just didn't feel feminine with it. Thats not to say there aren't beautiful women with short hair.It's just not for me.

Did you happen to catch the episode of 'Beauty and the Geeks' where the women, all supposedly totally hotties, were told to remove all makeup, dress down and go to a bar to see if they could still get drinks.

Not surprisingly they ALL seemed to lose their self-confidence, some even to the point of crying and being depressed.

And why? All because they were not allowed to use make up.

It's a sad commentary on society (if not women in general) that their whole self-esteem and beauty is based on the cosmetics...

Are women really that shallow? I wonder.

Of course we may share that responsibility for making women feel they need all this 'stuff' to be considered worthy. I blame the beauty industry.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Excellent point badge01, can't wait to hear what the ladies think.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'm joining the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists

link
The public loves to see and applaud scientists who have luxuriant flowing hair.

Most of these people make Weird Al seem normal and yet....some are quite the lookers. Did you see the belly dancer/scientist in gallery 2? Now if only we knew which one was you. O the fun of speculating.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Haha, I dont think I stop many people on the streets. But I do agree with NJE777, Its not my looks that are the center of my sexuality. If that was all there is, Im sure I would have more guys flirting with me. But because of the type of girl I am (smart, unconventional, glasses. @-@ lol) really not many guys do! The average man tends to stay away from that, I think...

But thats probably a good thing. Since I tend to be attracted to the unconventional guys anyway.

Well there not very smart as you already pointed out.

I think thats part of the problem...your too smart and beautiful...
its your curse.

I for One wish there was just one person like you around...
thats why I am single.

I am a shy guy but I would love to talk to somelike you.

so remember how special you are....I am a INFJ too

[edit on 8-6-2007 by junglelord]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join