It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified, just not available to the public.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
On December 31st of last year, two hundred and seventy million pages of government documents were declassified.

Guess what? You still can't read them. It seems declassified doesn't mean they are available to the public.

Here's the story:

Declassified, but still unavailable.

I don't know about you but I was sure disappointed.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is not surprise at all mrmupy, we all know the secrecy of our government in the white house and because it has gotten such a bad reputation about transparency. . . well they can say that the documents are no longer secret. . . and still control what the public can access.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
True, but this turns the freedom of information act into a joke. What is the point of having the foia if they still keep the documents secret after they are declassified?

It's sickening

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It surely is a joke.

Not much is fair these days and not much is what it seems.

All the time and effort people put into getting rules and regulations to access information and they still loophole the process to their advantage.

Thanks for bringing this to our awareness, we so often operate on limited facts.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I never cared to read into the "Freedom of Information" act.

I knew from the beginning that a secret document that the U.S government doesn't want to release would not be released. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. If they do one day decide to make those declassified papers public, then, they'll probably have to read over all of them and block out what's incriminating and damning.

Hopefully there will be a day where secrecy is not an option due to the need for a global unification. Not a totalitarian one, but, a diplomatic one. Too bad humanity isn't quite ready for that, yet.

new topics

top topics

join